San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
San Carlos Water Presentation  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Nov 27th, 2017 11:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
AlS

Mana: 

From Dec 07, 2017, 07:00pm To Dec 07, 2017, 09:30pm  

Event Options  ::   Edit Event  ::   Delete Event 

The Comisario's Citizens Committee led by Dolores Monterrubio and Allan Sjogren will present information on the water of San Carlos at 7pm on December 7 at Club Deportivo.  This group evolved from the citizens group that began after the Town Hall meeting at Charlies Rock in the spring of 2017.

Topics include (time permitting):
- A status update on wells, desalinization plant, Ranchitos, water meters, flow meters, spare sewage pumps, tandeos
- Where does San Carlos water comes from
- San Carlos water quality
- Is there enough water
- Where does San Carlos sewage go
- Understanding a water bill and ways to pay
- Reporting leaks
- Tinacos

Some information has been presented previously.  Some information is new. 

A 50 Peso donation is requested per person.  The net proceeds will go to defray the cost of new Audio Visual equipment for the Educational Series and other presentations.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 01:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
$50 mxn goes to Club Deportivo for the purchase of Audio Visual Equipment, correct?

I remember when Mark and Miguel used to provide entertainment (Ecology/Environmental themed presentations) at the San Carlos Yacht Club. They requested a $50mxn donation as well to offset the purchase of upgraded Audio and Video Equipment. They were fun to attend.

Of course, I think a follow up to this Spring's 'Solutions for All Things Water and Sewage' Presentation by Rubin and Ephraim will be quite entertaining. A $50mxn donation is therefore very appropriate.

All kidding aside, thanks for posting the preview of the topics.

Posted: Tue Nov 28th, 2017 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
lasninas

Mana: 
Thank you for your efforts in pulling this together for the benefit of the community!

Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 12:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 
I THOUGHT I WOULD POST ON THIS THREAD SO IT DOESN'T CONTINUE TO BE ON THE BACK PAGES!

I HOPE TO SEE MANY IN ATTENDANCE!!

Last edited on Thu Dec 7th, 2017 12:32 am by frankie

Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 02:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Why don't you do the simple arithmetic - how much is pumped out vs how much is paid for? And why not? Get this one answered and who cares about the other topics ???

Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 02:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Chicomickey

Mana: 
Well I for one care about the other topics. I have learned quite a bit in each of Al’s presentations.

As to a simple math problem, it has been presented and discussed many times that there are considerable losses of water from when it is pumped to when it is delivered to CEA customers. And to people who have attached to the system illegally.

We also know there is a non-payment issue. A serious non payment issue. If everyone that received water paid for it I think it would be fair to presume there would be more money to solve the leaks. Why don’t people pay? I assume there are non payers in almost all neighborhoods. What do you suppose is the reason people aren’t paying in your neighborhood?

Previously CEA did not have a reliable device to shut off water for non payment. They did install some new shut off valves on some of the newer low quality water meters (a subject that is very well known and discussed already). It is important that they continue to install these valves. And communicate their program for discontinuance of service for non payment. And penalty fees upon reassigning service. Then start the process of shouting down service when appropriate. They are fighting the mentality that water is a god-given right. When it is more painful to withhold payment than pay, more people will pay.

But to get back to your point, yes, it is obviously a money issue. The solutions to our current system are expensive. More people need to pay. We all need to be concerned about wasting water.

I have personally fixed at least 50 leaks and I hope made some small difference. I will continue to work with CEA to get progress when possible. Limited success is better than no success.

Complaining is easy. Almost anyone can accomplish that. Getting up and trying to help in some small way is much more difficult. Al has devoted much of his time to helping as well, not just in preparing these presentations. So have a few other people that he will introduce at his presentation.

Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 05:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I'm not complaining - just observing. He's presented similar info previously - and nothing changed.

Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I have talked to Al in the past, after previous water presentations. As a gardener and homeowner in San Carlos, my biggest question about the water was "What are the results of the CONAGRA well tests in early December?" We never hear anything about the results of those tests. Those determine how quickly we are drawing down our main wells. Al said CEA never gives him that info. He wondered about it, too.

Is there anything more important than that info?

The mere fact that they DON'T share that info is troubling to me. If it was all rosy, they would certainly trumpet the good news, I would think.

Posted: Thu Dec 7th, 2017 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Chicomickey wrote:
I have personally fixed at least 50 leaks and I hope made some small difference. I will continue to work with CEA to get progress when possible. Limited success is better than no success.

Complaining is easy. Almost anyone can accomplish that. Getting up and trying to help in some small way is much more difficult. Al has devoted much of his time to helping as well, not just in preparing these presentations. So have a few other people that he will introduce at his presentation.

chico, your an Honorable person!!! limited success is better than no success! well spoken!!!!!
we have also repaired many leaks.

Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 12:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Nice guy, you are complaining. Quite deceiving yourself. It is all you do. Al is not CEA. Why do you think that making a presentation about water to better inform local residents means Al is responsible for the system changing?

Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 12:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
maryt

Mana: 

Last edited on Fri Dec 8th, 2017 04:03 am by maryt

Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 02:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Thanks to Al for an informative presentation.

Not much good news but it is what it is.
San Carlos has received permission to drill a new well. Who knows when it will happen. That will only buy a little time as the water table out there is over stressed.

The desal plant near Empalme is out for bids but it will be a long time coming if at all. Unclear where that water will go.

CEA recommends getting a tinaco or two and having at least a week supply of capacity.

Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankie

Mana: 
thank you  al and the other 2 ladies for your presentation!
it is obvious how much time al has spent doing his research, the graphs and charts where extremely enlightening and inforamtive!!!
 a lot of questions where answered, regarding our water origin locations and it's distribution from origin! 
if the employees of CEA where as informed and educated as al, we would probably have the answers we all desire!!! 
i appreciate your hard work!!

Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Rich, was there any talk about the plan to put the Ranchitos on a separate line, pump the water to an elevated tank and feed the Ranchitos from it?

Posted: Fri Dec 8th, 2017 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
RichD

Mana: 
There was indeed. A tank near Guzzi's house. Will believe it when construction starts. Always comes back to capacity. It is fine when all 3 wells are running at 100% but they never are. If there was a new well we would have plenty of water for a few years until the aquifer runs out. Plenty of discussion about leaks and inept repairs of same.
End result is that a combination of increased production, fixing old leaking infrastructure, conservation, and reclamation.  It all takes money and more commitment than has been shown from CEA.
As far as unpaid bills, I think CEA should cut off water to severely delinquent accounts but if they did that in poor areas of Guaymas, there would be riots. 

Last edited on Fri Dec 8th, 2017 10:36 pm by RichD

Posted: Sat Dec 9th, 2017 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
It is now possible to pay your CEA bill on line.

http://www.ceasonora.gob.mx/

Posted: Sun Dec 10th, 2017 02:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Hook

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: It is now possible to pay your CEA bill on line.

http://www.ceasonora.gob.mx/

Can you still get the pay early discount on line?

Current time is 07:27 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > San Carlos Water Presentation Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems