San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 02:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
101st Post
Hook

Mana: 
Based on my experiences with Mexican record keeping in the past, I see a real potential for persons who HAVE paid their taxes ending up in the non-payment group. What recourse do they have if they dont have their own personal record keeping? I do (well, my whiz of a wife) have good record keeping. But some wont.

Others will CLAIM they paid Guaymas, and Guaymas might have no proof either way.

There will be some who honestly paid a "service agent" in town to handle this (much like fideicomisos), but the honesty has been known to stop at the front door of some of these agents'.

I remember hearing that many city records were destroyed in the rains and floods accompanying Jimena in 2009. Records that were clearly not computerized. I can recall trying to get some land title information from Guaymas and our agent stated (that the Guaymas officials stated) that many were destroyed and there was nothing to provide us.

You can see how all this delinquency could occur. Mexico has laws but no real enforcement in so many areas. Taxes, traffic violations, marine conservation, building codes and zoning, public safety, judicial functions, etc. And when enforcement is attempted, an under-the-table payoff (for much less) to the right person is the Mexican pastime.

Without any "meat" in the enforcement, why would anyone coming from a culture of avoidance, pay up? Guilt? I doubt it.

I have no complaint about going after scofflaws and tax cheats. What taxpaying resident would complain? Go for it.

I just see a POTENTIAL for abuse, and hope there is a system of redress for this THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE IMMERSING ONESELF IN THE DYSFUNCTIONAL COURT SYSTEM.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
102nd Post
AlS

Mana: 
You can use the zoom feature on your browser if the print is too small.

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
103rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
hook, your post sums up the obvious situation!
i keep all my receipts, scan them and have a copy in my computer! the stamped originals will only be accepted for any dispute! 
the current payments are computerized, at least they have been the last few years i have paid!

Last edited on Sat Nov 18th, 2017 03:11 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
104th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
When I sold a property that was part of Groupo Cabellero, it took me many months to get their office to pay the back taxes before we could initiate a bank trust. Turns out that most of the big amounts of taxes owed, are similar situations. Mexicans that owned large parcels and have never paid any taxes. Cabelleros went back to the beginning of time, and they were holding out for more discounts, on the amount owed.

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
105th Post
390pony

Mana: 
It's easiest to pay online.

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
AlS

Mana: 
This problem of back property taxes has many causes. The new Comisario asked a group of homeowner association leaders and real estate professionals for ideas on Thursday. There were some good ideas presented.

The Comisario already acted on some ideas of his own resulting in a balance in a special account in treasury for our community's use. The Comisario was very clear in Thursday's meeting that the community is NOT the tax collector. His stated preference is to NOT publish the past due accounts.

The opportunity for our community has been shown with some numbers. There are likely some errors in the data. However, not all the parts of San Carlos were included in the data. The data presented shows the magnitude of the opportunity.

How do we change this? Based on past successes, it generally follows a pattern:
- Make it REAL easy to do the "right" thing
- Educate and publish
- Make it painful to do the "wrong" thing

Keep the ideas coming.

Last edited on Sat Nov 18th, 2017 04:50 pm by AlS

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 07:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
lasninas

Mana: 
This is huge!  So, are you saying that SC now will be receiving the 8,000,000.00 peso balance , or will be receiving it, to be used for the  operational budget for San Carlos?  If so, this is massive!!!

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post
frankie

Mana: 
als , thank you for your post #106. 
very good suggestions!!!

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
why havent we heard directly from the commisario he is a member of this forum

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
VSC, why haven't we heard if you have a property in trust in San Carlos?

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 10:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
irrelevant and noyb

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
maryt

Mana: 

Last edited on Sat Nov 18th, 2017 11:51 pm by maryt

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 11:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
VSC, "irrelevant and noyb" I know you are irrelevant, and it is probably none of my business, but if you have no skin in the tax game here, we don't care what you think!!

Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
johnmoore you must have property here what is your address ill stop by and we can discuss taxes renters and property owners both pay owners directly and renters indirectly

Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 12:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I am a little picky who comes to my house, but I will come to yours.

Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 12:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
116th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
VSC, not to worry, I know where F Street is...lol

Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 03:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
117th Post
frankie

Mana: 
VisitorSanCarlos wrote: why havent we heard directly from the commisario he is a member of this forum
VSC, you are such a drama QUEEN!! if you want your answer go down to the comisario's office and ask it!!

responses to your posts in various threads, see a tiring of your constant pathological antagonistic banter! 

Last edited on Sun Nov 19th, 2017 03:22 am by frankie

Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
118th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Maybe they should try sending out tax notices? Maybe all these people don't realize they owe taxes !!

Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
119th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
At both houses that I rented over the last 7 years in San Carlos, the tax notice was delivered to the house and I passed it along to the owner for payment.

Posted: Sun Nov 19th, 2017 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
120th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I've never received a notice. I just go online and pay.

Current time is 01:21 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > New Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems