San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 05:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
81st Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Frank
Clarify for me and others-is the 83.5M in delinquent taxes for Guaymas in its totality, or is that just for San Carlos? Can't read the fine print on the chart.
Thanx
Bart

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 05:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
82nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
bart, the 83.5m pesos is what some san carlos property owners owe guaymas for the last 5 years!

P.S. i have no doubt that guaymas proper and the surrounding communities of the municipality of guaymas have their individual tax deficits!
the 83.5m pesos addresses san carlos!

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 05:43 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
83rd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
So SC properties owe US$4.5 mil in 5 years of back taxes. If you take US$250 as average annual taxes, you get 18,000 properties in 5 years arrears. How many  properties are in SC?

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 06:15 pm by nice guy

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 06:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
84th Post
frankie

Mana: 
nice guy, your math is incorrect, there is to much variation for your average!!

it was disclosed at the meeting that san carlos has an approximate population of 5,000.

P.S. see my post #68

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 06:24 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
85th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i am not sure how the properties are taxed here!
i know in arizona there is a variety of property taxes; residential, vacant land, commercial, agricultural, ect.
there are variations of those mentioned; for instance a residence is taxed different if it is a primary residence than if it is a rental!
developers here should have a tax consideration for their long term investment!
i owned a ranch in AZ. that i had to run a certain amount of cattle to maintain my agricultural tax status or forfeit that status to a higher commercial/residential rate! !
complicated!!!

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 07:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
86th Post
lasninas

Mana: 
That is fabulous news, Frankie!  I was also at the meeting and it was amazing.  If you wanted any proof, Frankie just mentioned it. 

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
87th Post
Ron & Karen

Mana: 
How about posting a list (or making it available) of all San Carlos properties behind in their taxes? This should be public information and it would take about 5 key strokes. I'd like to know who is not paying - where are the deadbeats?

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 12:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
88th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I thought Gym bankrupt and bank accts seized. So they owe 8 mil pesos - but have no money to pay?

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 02:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
89th Post
Chicomickey

Mana: 
Bart,

To clarify the chart. There are three columns of numbers specific to certain geographic areas in San Carlos. Not all areas in San Carlos are presented.

The first column shows amounts owed in property taxes that are more than 5 years delinquent. This amounts to 9,126,179 pesos

The second column shows delinquent amounts owed from these same areas that are between 1 and 5 years past due. This includes penalties and interest. The total amount shown is 83,455,258

The third column shows these same past due amounts without penalties and interest. Past due from 1 to 5 years. 64,149,794 pesos.

Any way you look at it, that's a lot of money that hasn't been paid for taxes.

These amounts are related to all kinds of property. Some vacant lots, some for houses that are currently being lived in, some for developments that are being developed. And the assessed value of these properties is varied.

What is needed is a community focus to figure out how to get these amount current and more thoughts on how to prevent this type of thing from getting out of hand in years to come. Keep in mind, if this problem was as easy to fix as some would think, it would have been solved already.

North Of The Border solutions don't always work the same in Mexico.

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
90th Post
frankie

Mana: 
there are 4 columns.

column 1 colonia, 

column 2 REZAGO with totals

column 3 total GENERAL

column 4 total PROMOCION

83,455,258.38 total with penalties

64,149,794.53 discount promotion 

Last edited on Sat Nov 18th, 2017 04:23 am by frankie

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 03:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
91st Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Siince the chart is to small to read could someone put up the figure for each area or is there a way to enlarge the chart.?

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 04:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
92nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I would venture to say, that the more gringo the sector, the more taxes paid. I think us gringo visitors are more inclined to pay taxes, due to what we might consider as adverse consequences to not paying. Where is Villahermosa on that chart?

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 05:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
93rd Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I would like to see it as well. These two (2) gringos have paid our taxes each and every year of property ownership!! 

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 12:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
94th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Thanx for the explanation.
Bart

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 12:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
95th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i don't believe it would  be productive to instigate a US versus THEM debate!
 it is my understanding that attempts will be made to form liaisons for each "colonia" subdivision/sector, these representatives will make attempts to encourage tax payments!
this would be a more passionate approach, considering the drastic legal approach of seizure!!! which could cause personal disruption and not accomplish the goal of filling the treasuries coffers!
it is extremely delicate and complicated issue and any productive suggestions are welcome!!!

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 12:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
96th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Frankie, who gets invited to these meetings? And how do you participate? I haven’t seen anything ”official” posted or a community outreach...

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 01:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
97th Post
frankie

Mana: 
all are welcome to join on the "FACEBOOK" page "Comisaria San Carlos". also "Comisaria municipal San Carlos".
news and general information will be published daily.

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
98th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, when referring to gringo visitors, it was a possible statistical observation, predicated on our desire to remain in good stead with our "trust contracts" and our rendering unto Ceasar. Nothing to do with US vs THEM.

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
99th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
For those like me who do not own property in Mexico, can someone explain the process for billing and collecting property taxes? If you have a trust, are the taxes paid thru the trust holder or direct to the taxing authority?

Thanx
Bart

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2017 03:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
100th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i have a personal trust and properties owned by my empressa. there are no notices sent out for taxes. they are expected to be paid after the first of january . those who pay in a allotted time period are given a discount, for current and delinquent taxes!
there is a tax collecting office in the same plaza as where you pay your water bill, here in san carlos.
p.s. it is best to bring your tax code number or a previously paid receipt for greater efficiency!

Last edited on Sat Nov 18th, 2017 03:35 pm by frankie

Current time is 02:52 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > New Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems