San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 11:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
bullshipper it looks like we get what we pay for

Last edited on Thu Nov 16th, 2017 11:27 pm by

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 12:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
gadsby, AKA, VSC, Do you have a bank trust here in San Carlos?

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 03:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: Well, I wish I only paid 20 a month for water, and 200 a year in taxes. Mine is much higher. I never get water, except at night (maybe) and I use to get great pressure from the street, and now I need a pump. So things are changing, but not for the better. San Carlos is a very special place, but it is changing a lot. When I first moved here  in 1980, I had a choice of flights to the states, and the price was cheap. I do not know what happened........Getting to the states now, isn't as quick and easy as it use to be.
Well 1000 sq ft condos start around $650K in Ventura county, with dues starting at $400 per month, water, sewer and garbage is $160 and property taxes another is about $800 a month so come and get it north of the border and you won't ever have to deal another comissario again.

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 12:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
frankie

Mana: 
yesterday, thursday i was invited to attend the new comisarios committee meeting.it was informative and enlightening!! there was a great turn out of interested and proactive residents!!

for some time many of us tax paying residents  have been under the illusion that we are the CASH COW for GUAYMAS! THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE RESPONSIBLE TAX PAYERS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!!!

here are the disclosed facts san carlos;  has a tax deficit for 5 years of over 83,455,258. pesos!!!
83,436,258. / 18.5 = 4,510,680. USD depending on the current exchange!!

so the reality is we  owe the treasury coffers in guaymas over 4.5 million USD!!!!

Guaymas will discount that debt to 64,149,794. pesos!!
64,149,794/18.5 = 3,467,556. USD

it is my understanding that San Carlos WILL benefit directly from the collection of those delinquent taxes, and the new comisario has opened a bank account for deposit!

IF WE WHERE ABLE TO COLLECT HALF OF THE DISCOUNTED DEFICIT AND THE MONEY USED FOR MUCH NEEDED INFRASTRUCTURAL IMPROVEMENTS, SAN CARLOS WOULD BE THE JEWEL WE ALL DESIRE!!

THANK YOU SALVADOR MACIAS!!

Attachment: 20171116_142225.jpg (Downloaded 128 times)

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 12:44 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 01:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
goldin

Mana: 
This is an interesting view of the facts. Let’s make San Carlos responsible for collecting overdue taxes which Guaymas has not been able to do. And if you get that money, Guaymas will let you use the money for SC improvements. 
How much money is collected from SC tax payers? That’s the important point. How much of that is coming back to SC? It’s an incredible approach by Guaymas. If you want the SC tax money go get it from delinquent residents and we’ll let you keep it. That’s outrageous.
Can we ask Guaymas what’s the delinquency rate in Guaymas? I bet it’s a huge amount, which GUAYMAS is unable to collect. Thus, they gladly use the money that responsible SC residents pay for the benefit of Guaymas. 

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 02:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, what is the detailed plan to collect these delinquent taxes?

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 02:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
frankie

Mana: 
golden, those are all valid points!! the same questions where asked at the meeting!
there are laws on the books for delinquent taxes!! they are obviously not be enforced!

here is how i commented at the meeting; in arizona and most if not all states delinquent taxes on properties can be purchased, the purchased delinquent taxes yield a 16% return to the investor! after a term period usually about 3 years if the investment with the 16% yield is not returned to the investor, the property owner forfeits the property "FEE SIMPLE" to the investor!

this would continue and allow the treasury coffers to meet their expenditures without the interruption of delinquencies!!! 

delinquent taxes should be penalized!!! not pardoned with a discount!
other methods mention was government seizure, and auctioning off seized properties!

i personally see these options as a win/win situation!!

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 02:18 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 02:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote: yesterday, thursday i was invited to attend the new comisarios committee meeting.it was informative and enlightening!! there was a great turn out of interested and proactive residents!!

THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE RESPONSIBLE TAX PAYERS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!!!

P.S. there many large land tract owners who don't!!
 por quo; it is the difference of the responsible tax payers "CENTS" to their "DOLLARS"!!!!! 

what is important is we have a comisario who is making an earnest attempt to answer our lingering questions regarding infrastructure funding and who is working with our community for the solutions! his disclosure has given some answer to why and why not! 
it is a grand start!!

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 02:29 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Well, on the one hand we had a comisario asking us to donate money over and above our taxes which apparently no one did so he quit. Now we have a comisaro who has gotten the mayor to agree that delinquent San Carlos taxes collected by the comisario can be used in San Carlos. So continue to wail at a system you, as a non-citizen, have no power to change or give the new comisario a chance. No one is asking me to pay a dime more that what I owe right now and we might actually see some improvements. Why would I oppose that?

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 03:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
frankie

Mana: 
maryt wrote: Well, on the one hand we had a comisario asking us to donate money over and above our taxes which apparently no one did so he quit. 
mary, that is not why ruben quit!
there is no utopia!! 
we not should see this as miracle pill to cure our ill's .
it is an earnest and honest attempt of our new comisario to get answers to the "why's" and "why not"!! his attempt to join our community with answers and with our input as residents forming committees for resolution is admirable! 
the independent groups who are doing needed and much appreciated work here in san carlos will always need our charitable contributions!  

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
frankie

Mana: 
just in, the comisario has just informed me that;

1) the full balance of the 2017 taxes be accrued to the san carlos account!
2) there is a 8,000,000. peso existing balance that will also be transferred to the san carlos account! 

this is a start to new new beginning!
bravo comisario salvador macias!!

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 03:27 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 03:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
maryt

Mana: 
Frankie, believe me I am not looking at Salvador through rose-colored glasses and I am sure my statement about Ruben may be overly simplistic but I do think it has some truth to it also. I agree there is no utopia. However if I haven´t been clear, let me state that I think Savador is trying something very interesting and I am willing to give him a chance. Of course we should all continue to support the charitable organizations of our choice down here (did I say differently?). But Salvador is not asking for handouts in addition to our tax dollars and I find that refreshing. He is asking for input and cooperation. Also refreshing.

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
GOIT

Mana: 
Is there a process in place to determine which properties owe taxes and what the discounted payment per property is?

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
When you say owners of large tracts of land aren't paying their taxes, Is it just a few high tax properties along the beaches? Is it properties held by the holding companies of established families like the Llanos and Caballeros? Is it other investor groups? Is it large commercial properties?

This San Carlos Account that has been opened, What is deposited into it? Money returned to SanCarlos from Guaymas after they have received payment on delinquent taxes? Or is the monies from Taxes collected directly from the delinquent property owners?

Who controls this San Carlos Account for receiving delinquent tax monies? Who audits it? Has the Comisario's office become responsible for collecting taxes in the comisaria of San Carlos?

Last edited on Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:17 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
frankie

Mana: 
there will always be need for private concern groups, over and above sanctioned government funding!
here is how we can all relate to it in a positive way, in the USA there is;
*adopt a hiway, individuals or groups adopt a section of hiway to maintain it's cleanliness!
* neighborhood watch,  subdivisions/neighbors form vigilant groups to supplement the law enforcement.
* ASPCA
ect; ect;

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
frankie

Mana: 
posts # 73 & 74
73, there is a process and all are offered a discount in a set time period.
74, good question and will be determined!

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Money is money, however it is collected. The question is what is the plan to collect these taxes? Obviously the delinquency is many years old, here and in Guaymas. Knocking on doors will not be fruitful. The feasibility of the plan is key. 
Also the negotiated agreement, should be in writing to make sure that the moneys are available into the future. I would like to hear about those details.

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Bullshipper, California is one of the most expensive places to live. Great example. I do own property in the states, so I am well aware of what it costs. Yes, my taxes in the states are higher, but I do get a lot for them. My HOA fees in the states are not 400, a lot less,and I do own the home. My water bill runs about $45 a month, and I always have water. My water bill in San Carlos runs about $50 a month (it is water companies guesstimate) and I have no water for days on end. I enjoy both places. Just making the statement that you can not compare what you pay, to what others might be paying. All depends on what you have and where you are. I have paid for a lot of infrastructure in Mexico, putting in the electric and water from some distance, only to have all the neighbors hook up for free. I am not complaining. Just stating a fact.

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
79th Post
frankie

Mana: 
 i am as cynical as any!! i prefer to live my life with my glass half full not half empty!
i only met the new comisario last week! i am encourage in what i see!
he was only appointed a short time ago! we need to allow him to proceed in a positive way!
accounting and accountability of incoming tax revenues should be addressed! 

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2017 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
80th Post
frankie

Mana: 
post #74 ron, 
i don't have the particulars to your valid questions! this is in in it's infancy!
they should be forth coming as they develop!

Current time is 03:00 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > New Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems