San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 02:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
frankie

Mana: 
nice guy, you are obsessed with the tit's on a bull!!
the tit's on a bull are there before the organism distinguished it's X and Y chromosomes!! once distinguished one will produce milk to continue the cycle!
there are cows with milk out there (government funding) that haven't been tapped!
please allow our new comisario a chance at an attempt to seek these government funds. he knows the avenues to proceed!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 03:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
He is all we have, why wouldn't we give him a shot.  Just hope the mover and shaker expats are kept at arms length. then he  might have a chance.

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 04:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
We don't have a bull here - we have the mayor's pet steer. This mayor knows that expats can't vote, we can just piss and moan, so he appoints Comisario's who speak English so we can P&M in English and not get frustrated at our minimal Spanish. The bottom line is that our Comisarios are there to insulate the Mayor from getting the P&M's directly. At least Rubin had the balls to recognize the futility of his position. Learn to change what you can, and accept what you can't. Expats are a non-voting, cash cow for the for Gym government bull.

Last edited on Wed Nov 15th, 2017 04:18 pm by nice guy

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 04:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
frankie

Mana: 
nice guy wrote:cash cow for the for Gym government bull.

you are a misinformed quest in mexico!

it is my understanding pertinent information regarding your ASSUMPTIONS with be released forth coming!

in the case you have not noticed the road coming into san carlos is being cleared of the weeds and grass in the medium and road sides!]

Last edited on Wed Nov 15th, 2017 04:54 pm by frankie

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
It's happened over and over again. You do know it's a federal road? Not Gym.

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 05:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Anything to clean up and beautify SC is a step in the right direction. No matter how small the improvements seem to be, compared to some of the massive projects, they are really appreciated. Thanks for being that liaison Frankie, keep it up.

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 06:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
frankie

Mana: 
nice guy wrote: It's happened over and over again. You do know it's a federal road? Not Gym.
so are the beaches, and private endeavors are cleaning it!

what is important is the road is being cleaned!

not everything needs to be macro/managed!

micro/managed and private endeavors are fruitful and appreciated! 

JFK quote; ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!!

Last edited on Wed Nov 15th, 2017 06:01 pm by frankie

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Nice Guy, part of acceptance is letting it go. If you donĀ“t think things can be changed, then accept it and quick whining here.

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I'm not whining. Stating the facts as were told to me by a prominent local. Some people seem to feel that this is FantasyLand, and a fairy God Mother with a magic wand in coming to office.

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2017 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
maryt

Mana: 
All I read here is to give the new comisario a chance. I have seen no promises of any sort.

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 03:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
rule 1 keep expectations as low as possible rule 2 dont make promises you can't keep it looks like hes following both rules

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 03:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Anybody know how many Comisario's were had since 1987? That's 30 years. Did anyone of them do anything?
What exactly is the track record we're trying to beat or exceed? Least stolen? Shortest time in office? Most potholes filled?

Common guys - let's get a measure of success for the office.

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 03:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
maryt

Mana: 
I do know that when we first came here, they spoke only Spanish.

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 08:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
frankie

Mana: 
nice guy wrote: I'm not whining. Stating the facts as were told to me by a prominent local. Some people seem to feel that this is FantasyLand, and a fairy God Mother with a magic wand in coming to office.

nice, guy you are whining as you have repeated yourself several times on this thread!!
also you are the only one with so much expectations, which appear are of a fantasy land or belief of a fairy godmother!

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 08:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
longhornlucky

Mana: 
nice, guy you are whining as you have repeated yourself several times on this thread!!
also you are the only one with so much expectations, which appear are of a fantasy land or belief of a fairy godmother!

Frankie, now you are starting to sound like Baca!!!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 12:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
frankie

Mana: 
longhornlucky wrote
Frankie, now you are starting to sound like Baca!!!!!

longhorn, i am sorry i have come off that way to you!

i was just acknowledging "nice guys" 7 repetitive posts! 

Last edited on Thu Nov 16th, 2017 12:46 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
There have been a few good, and proactive Comisarios's. There was a time when the police were very active enforcing traffic violations and NOT accepting bribes. During this same period, Semana Santa was well policed and regulated. These efforts were not accepted by mostly the gringos, who did not like there driving being so scrutinized.

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The last two semana santa's were very well policed, traffic moved well, and the cleanups were fast and well done, imo.

Mexico, and SC in particular has never been a place like Canada or the States where the government does everything because the voters in Guaymas do not have the wealth or economy to pay for it. But we pay 20 a month for water, 200 a year for property tax, so in my mind, I get what I pay for and more, and SC today is a lot better place to vacation than it was in the old days and I have lived in the area since the 70's.
I don't like to come off as a love it or leave it, but there really are better or worse options all over the world where you can find great roads, or whatever else floats your boat, by just switching the place you vacation.

Changing the economic base and the politics in Mexico is not as easy as pointing your car in a different direction.

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Well said Bullshipper

Posted: Thu Nov 16th, 2017 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Well, I wish I only paid 20 a month for water, and 200 a year in taxes. Mine is much higher. I never get water, except at night (maybe) and I use to get great pressure from the street, and now I need a pump. So things are changing, but not for the better. San Carlos is a very special place, but it is changing a lot. When I first moved here  in 1980, I had a choice of flights to the states, and the price was cheap. I do not know what happened........Getting to the states now, isn't as quick and easy as it use to be.

Last edited on Thu Nov 16th, 2017 11:03 pm by long time resident

Current time is 02:52 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > New Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems