San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
water  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
True that real estate promoters does not tell ALL the truth. Why Ranchitos does not have proper streets , water installations and even lightning? The answer I got is simple but hard to swallow.. Ranchitos is not a regular development., housing was not planned nor approved to be there, Ranchitos should be part of the desert landscape and NOT a housing development.

The fact that We have now a sizable housing development there has made both the city, CEA and all other public providers to accept the reality that inhabitants are there to stay and for a number of years they have tried to give services to a population that was not approved to develop there, nor infrastructure to supply them was planned or in place before they started up.

Fortunately or not Baca will be banned in minutes , thanks god , from this forum so the lecture of what happened in the  century when He arrived and experienced the ranchitos startup and all other SC historical events, including the french invasion, will be saved to the reader... so you will have to believe in the part of this story I have been taught,

Last edited on Sun Oct 15th, 2017 12:18 am by Xicotencatl

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 01:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
I live in the Ranchitos. I like it. I get plenty of water. I don't mind the dirt roads. Who told you that housing was not planned or approved? I had to get building permits etc. It is a plotted subdivision. You make it sound like we are a burden on rest of the community.

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
selling plated lots and having governmental approved infrastructure ie; roads, water, electricity, sewer for those lots are two different things!
 the camprestas coming into town this side of buenos aires is a perfect example!

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 02:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
RichD

Mana: 
To each his own. We pay as much for water and electricity and phone as anyone else. I resent the attitude that the Ranchitos is some sort of squatters camp where people are living in some sort of unsanctioned way.

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 02:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I won't get started, thanks Rich. There are many very good people here in Ranchitos from here in Mexico, North of the border, North of that border and across the big waters. I've been here somewhere around 11 years, here in San Carlos 13 years. We have great neighbors and I know no one and know of no one here who is a squatter. There are very nice lots here with a bunch of nice homes. Why have some folks moved here from Caracol? Sure is not due to our water supply?? Ron/Ynot

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 03:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I hear you Ron, people like to trash the Ranchitos. I would like to say I could afford a McMansion in a gated community on the water but I can't. I still prefer to live without an HOA telling me what color i can paint my house and where I can park and on and on. I would like to hear the difference between the Ranchitos and (for example) Villa Hermosa. is that area 'sanctioned'? Does the city maintain their streets? Don't think so. So they have sewer and it runs into the ocean. Better than septic tanks?  Caballero created the Ranchitos subdivision just like most other subdivisions in this town.  It was to have an alternative for people that wanted a little more space and a whole lot less rules.  Again, to each his own.  

Last edited on Sun Oct 15th, 2017 03:32 am by RichD

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 03:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
So Senor X......are you going to become the town bully now since Senor Baca is leaving? Don’t tread on Ranchitos.

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 03:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Nobody is trashing ranchitos,When I arrived to SC 7 years ago I landed there and liked the environment.

I am talking about facts, Have seen at CEA council board the problems they have had to make the new water tanks and their intention to provide water infrastructure that should be there from the very beginning; if Ranchitos were a planned community (which was not) and explains the today difficulties the community has, nothing to do with the people that live there.

Same story at the fed gov. legal view of the place, in fact the three levels of government are sympathetic with the ranchitos community and are conscious that They should do more to improve quality of services, but that does not disqualify the fact that whoever "developed" the area did so without a regular urban planning and jumped over a lot of fences,,, just the explanation of the problem.

Last edited on Sun Oct 15th, 2017 04:00 am by Xicotencatl

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 04:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Danodamano wrote: So Senor X......are you going to become the town bully now since Senor Baca is leaving? Don’t tread on Ranchitos.
I will thread anything I like to, Mr. D. be objective and read properly what I am talking about, I consider an insult to be compared to Baca et al, they are a totally different species.

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 04:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Xicotencatl wrote: Nobody is trashing ranchitos,When I arrived to SC 7 years ago I landed there and liked the environment.

if Ranchitos were a planned community (which was not) and explains the today difficulties the community has, nothing to do with the people that live there.

just the explanation of the problem.

i agree because i am aware of the facts!!
RANCHITOS HAS IT'S CHARM, AND THE MANY PEOPLE I KNOW THERE ARE FINE PEOPLE, AND WITH OUT AT DOUBT BEATS PAYING HOA FEES!!!!

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 01:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
cosmo topper

Mana: 
yes but I still don't have any water

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 02:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
my office is at 44 calle 1ra. Desarrollo Mitan

here is how it went down for me!

i bought lot 44 & 46, lot 44 had an unfinished building on it! in an area where it appeared to have water and electricity!

to build i needed water & electricity!! i went to apply for construction permits and went to the water & electric companies to hook up! hahaha!!
 to my surprise i had to place the lines in from the main lines a block away for the water and a transformer for the electric!! and hook up to those new lines at my lot lines! i built for what was adequate for my needs and expansion to my vacant lot, all at my expense!

a few years later some houses where built!! they hooked up to the lines i had to place to have water and electric to my lot lines!

there lies the problem in ranchitos!!! EVERYONE HOOKED UP TO SOMEONE ELSE'S LINE THAT WAS NEVER INTENDED FOR MULTIPLE USE!!

the blame goes to URBANO for not having a master plan and the water and electric for allowing others to hook up!

P.S. to have water and electricity on my lot 46, i will have to start all over again!!!!!!!!

Last edited on Sun Oct 15th, 2017 02:46 pm by frankie

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
Valid arguments but it applies to all of San Carlos. Caballero Group sold lots and you were on your own. No public parks, no requirements for the developer to provide infrastructure. It is what it is. Have a cold one, enjoy the scenery, order a tanker of water.

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
frankie

Mana: 
richd, you are absolutely correct!!!
it is what it is!!
i live in puesta, and bought when it was affordable as one of the originals!
i can tell all for sure the infrastructure in puesta would have never past code in any municipality in AZ. i was a licensed contractor in AZ. for over 30 years!
i think jimmy said it best, we should just enjoy "the mexican experience"!

Last edited on Sun Oct 15th, 2017 06:54 pm by frankie

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
So way back when, around 1981, my husband told me the story about Rafael having bought the ranch, and had started to solicit permits for subdividing from the government, and the agreement at that time (late 1960's) was for the waterfront that he wanted to sell to foreigners would be approved if some part of the ranch was less expensive and available only to the nationals. When we bought our lot in 1981, of course from Rafael, only nationals could have own in the ranchitos, and no bank trusts were available for that sector. Since then, things have changed, but that was how it all started out. When Grossman built his trailer park, the buyers had leases in the beginning, because of that agreement.

Last edited on Mon Oct 16th, 2017 12:01 am by long time resident

Posted: Sun Oct 15th, 2017 11:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
This was way before Baca was living here.

Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 03:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Us about the same for water  on Av. A and Segunda. I was told I would need to install my own water line but they would tell me where to tap for my source. Even though my neighbor and his wife Gustavo Nunez received their water from a line running down the front of our lot, I could not tie into it, I would tie into a line approx. 200 yards to the North. I could only run a 3/4 inch line. I told them a line that long of 3/4 inch would not allow much pressure with any volume when it got to us. They told me that's they it is. Then they told me to go South approx. 200 yards to tie in. One day later it was that I could not put it in. They would install it after their normal work hours and gave me a price to do the work with materials. So they went about 30 yards East and started digging and tied into a neighbor there with half inch pvc and the rest is history. So Frank, you're not the only guy that got the "run around".? The only time we ever ran out of water was a few days after Jimena. The Marina actually delivered us water in a clean truck twice at no charge. That was with a single 500 liter tinaco and pressure pump. Still the same pump but several more tinacos. I have "sight glass" on them so we visually monitor our water. Just that most days when we get water, it is usually for a couple of hours late night to early morning. I have not kept records but would guess we get water from the street 3 or 4 times a week for a couple hours each. That means 3 or 4 days of the week, we get no water from the street. I really do not know how you would live here without storage. Ynot

Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 01:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
cosmo topper

Mana: 
ok day 6 and still no water. there was a water truck delivery down the street last nite at 7:30 PM so I know I'm not the only one, off to CEA at o8:00, I hope you can help me john. thanx in advance.

cosmo topper

Last edited on Mon Oct 16th, 2017 01:47 pm by cosmo topper

Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 02:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
Who is this John and can he help me too?

BTW please report back as to your success with the boys at CEA ...Thanks in advance...........

Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 03:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
cosmo topper

Mana: 
well if I told you who john was id have to kill you.
as far as CEA and success goes nada. they have a young lady at the desk now who doesn't speak English but she is going to file a report, great. the men in the office under stood the problem but who were to busy reading the paper, so all and all kind of what I expected. came home and ordered water delivery.

Current time is 06:49 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > water Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems