San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Comisaro, Ruben  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 05:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
121st Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Ah Jimmy, you really know how to cut to the quick don't you? I agree with you but still hope for better from most of our residents. After all, not all are deadbeats but we have more than the allocable share on this board!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
122nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Jimmy, What brought that on? If one does just a bit of thinking, how many SC (village wise) projects have you been associated with? Were they successful, or did you feel you were scammed? To rail as you did, paints with a broad brush, how does that help? It is my understanding that you have been giving of yourself and your time, working in the areas devastated by Harvey and Irma, and I commend you for that..thanks. Guess you have been keeping up on what has been going on, on this thread?? Was wondering, why was your post was so accusatory and demeaning....to who?? Anyway the projects need to be addressed rationally and to the degree that they will come to a successful conclusion. 
I asked you if you had been involved in other fund raising issues here??  If so, does this make any sense to you?, "Pessimism is something we don't need. US$135,000 is not a lot of money"???  that statement was professed by baca, one should never mistake sensible realism, and a thoughtful approach, to pessimism.  Only frustrated proponents of irrational projects would use that verbiage, or one well heeled enough to fund the project him or herself.  Go for it baca.  Anyway, anyone being here for any amount of time knows the problems and knows there is always tons of bluster, and the issues, that really need to be addressed, fade into the sunset.....until the next go round.

Last edited on Wed Sep 27th, 2017 02:57 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
123rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote:

I SAY, FORGET ANY IMPROVEMENTS! The problems are just part of the "Mexico Experience" and lets all live with them.

jimmy's post #120, hooks post #118, bullshippers post #119, are not being pessimistic they are all "REALISTS"!!!!!

baca you state in different quotes; $135,000. USD is not a lot of money, there only MINOR infrastructure problems! are you living in a fantasy? oh ya you are a pragmatist. 

our roads, water , sewer, lighting are the infrastructure!!!
to make san carlos the shining star it should be will cost in the millions!

so as jimmy says lets live with "mexican experience"

Last edited on Wed Sep 27th, 2017 03:40 pm by frankie

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 04:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
124th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
I have a question. It's only a question, based on what I've read in this thread and the tope thread.

There are four needed topes on Beltrones being discussed at the moment (before fiesta hotel..or whatever it's called, before circle K, before Charlie's rock and before los Arboles). The owners of Los Arboles and Charlie's Rock have agreed to fund the topes that would benefit their locations. Ruben has already received permission from Guaymas to install them.

So if the funds and the permission have been available for as long as they have (going back to the tope thread that is somewhat old now), why haven't these first two Topes been installed as a model of what businesses can do to improve the infrastructure? This would make the Malecon safer. I mean, it's ready to go, right?

Then, perhaps the owners of Fiesta and CircleK will follow suite and fund the topes in front of their locations, making the glorieta safer.

I guess it was more than one question.
*edited for type

Last edited on Wed Sep 27th, 2017 04:33 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
125th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Hook wrote: Xicotencatl wrote: All this discussion reminds me the tale of giving a man a fish or teach him to fish...I am totally against this type of fund raising from our old "rich" gringos (and some Mexicans as well) as they should stop being seen as the big bucks guys in the town, and sometimes this is not longer true.

There are federal funds, at SEDESOL or even Hacienda ( FAIP for instance) were a good documented project for pavement to SC can download really big money from the Mexican Feds, were although funding is applied via Guaymas Mayor, it will be a federal crime if he attempts to use them for other purpose other than funding the specific project the funds are paying

My vote against the easy solution of squeezing the residents as in the old times, if the Comisario has NO idea of his role and available resources I prefer to contribute, through a residents committee, to pay a consultant that can help him make a real, professional project, to apply for federal funds and really change the town. The mayor will never oppose to this and will not be able to touch a cent of the big bucks that can be obtained like that, overseen by a residents committee in a trust ,the story will be different. Richard, stop soliciting for money like that, get the comisario to work or at least motivate him to learn which really good options he actually have to bring solutions to SC.

Amid all the disasters and Federal dollars going to those causes, I'd say that applying for Federal funds should probably get something done in San Carlos  by late 2030.

I read an article just recently that stated that the Federal govt plans on spending about 20% less, across the board, in Mexico in 2018. Pretty sure it was on Mexico Daily News, which is really only a consolidator of news stories from within and outside of Mexico.

Hook, I did not know you are an expert on federal funds , if your guide is the newspaper You should know that funds requested by Nov. are downloaded no later than April next year... Nogales year budget is 500 MP, BUT they manage to download no less than 1,000 MP each YEAR from the feds. What you need to get them? present a decent project , make sound numbers on benefits on the population and start learning were to get them and how. Mexican experience ? KMA ! I have tried Lansing, Benton Harbor MI , Luisiana and even Montana Experience as well,not very different in some of them....

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
126th Post
ruben pinto

Mana: 
XICONTECATL... i am a electronics and communications expert, and lately in the restaurant bussines, and 29 years as airplane pilot.... i do not know, and do not want to get involve in corruption loans that wants 30 % of the money they find for you..if the money go to guaymas we will never see it, or maybe a small portion.seems to me that you know many many many many ways to get funds to improve sancarlos.... i will love solutions, not problems.if you know how to do it, make a application with the comisaria letterhead and i will sing it.if you want to help, please do it...do not complain for our way to fix the town, maybe is wrong, but we all need bright brains like your to go in the correct direction...WILL YOU HELP'??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 08:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
127th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Ruben, rules of operation of most federal funds enforces the opening of a specific bank account where they are deposited ,withdrawn and subject to stiff audits. It is not true that Guaymas can touch those funds in anyway other than specified without a major consequence; the very low rating of Guaymas finance punishes the aportaciones federales, not to mention accounts embargo. I don't doubt that some funds can be subject to moches as they call it,especially those that involves diputados intervention, like FORTALECE or FAIP; but the one that just try to put a nail inside of FORTASEG for instance will be in jail soon. I know something about the theme, yes but You need an expert to teach you what options you can have for changing the town, hint SEDESOL can help a lot. A comisaria letterhead is not enough , any request of Federal funds must be signed by the mayor, treasurer and the sindico, sometimes with cabildo approval and special formats are needed, not just a comisaria letter.

Without your capital letters and spotlights I am already trying to help the city where I live and will not disclose with whom I talk or what I am doing. Not complaining on your methods, I DO NOT AGREE and don't have to when I know you have many other options, talk to your boss,nominate community members and form a committee,solely Mr. Baca or Herr Gadsby are not enough, explore alternatives and seek for real funds and professional advice, you are asking for aspirines to cure Cancer and believe me , will support from my trench a constructive, serious effort to improve SC.

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 09:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
128th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Xicotencatl wrote: Ruben, rules of operation of most federal funds enforces the opening of a specific bank account where they are deposited ,withdrawn and subject to stiff audits. It is not true that Guaymas can touch those funds in anyway other than specified without a major consequence; the very low rating of Guaymas finance punishes the aportaciones federales, not to mention accounts embargo. I don't doubt that some funds can be subject to moches as they call it,especially those that involves diputados intervention, like FORTALECE or FAIP; but the one that just try to put a nail inside of FORTASEG for instance will be in jail soon. I know something about the theme, yes but You need an expert to teach you what options you can have for changing the town, hint SEDESOL can help a lot. A comisaria letterhead is not enough , any request of Federal funds must be signed by the mayor, treasurer and the sindico, sometimes with cabildo approval and special formats are needed, not just a comisaria letter.

Without your capital letters and spotlights I am already trying to help the city where I live and will not disclose with whom I talk or what I am doing. Not complaining on your methods, I DO NOT AGREE and don't have to when I know you have many other options, talk to your boss,nominate community members and form a committee,solely Mr. Baca or Herr Gadsby are not enough, explore alternatives and seek for real funds and professional advice, you are asking for aspirines to cure Cancer and believe me , will support from my trench a constructive, serious effort to improve SC.
this sounds like a sound educated advice! 
the baca/gadsby plan stinks of "paradise air"if private "resident" funding is the only solution, then do it correctly !!HERE IS A CONCEPTTHE SAN CARLOS INFRASTRUCTURE CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT FUND"GOAL $500,000. / 1,000,000. USD WITH A 2 YEAR CAP!CERTIFIED COUPONS IN THE AMOUNTS OF $20 , 50, 100 ALL REFUNDABLE HELD IN AN INTEREST BEARING TRUST ACCOUNT IN THE USA, you can buy as many as you wantan oversight committee of professionals, in the urban renewal fieldthe infrastructure projects with the most need first, bids accepted from 3 contractors for each project.when the different infrastructural projects are approved, public notice is given and monies are funded. at that time refunds are canceled this is just a concept!!!!!!

Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 10:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
129th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Frankie is on the right track. Time to stop bickering, backbiting and name-calling and set up a program.  Tell folks where and how they can contribute; who is going to control, manage and disburse the funds; administer, supervise and QC any projects contracted; and make solid progress with reports to the constituents.  The rest is horse poop and gun smoke.  
Bart

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
130th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
I totally agree Bart, and all that has been responded to. It's clear as where to contribute. Are you in? It's time to get it on. The smart ones got it, the dumb ones can wallow in their own.

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
131st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Baca, I think you stepped over the line and insulted a lot of good people here - and what they do with THEIR money. I've lived here 12 years, and if you think Calle O or the LDM road deserves money and attention more than the Castaway Kids education programs - you're a 1st class moron.

Paving Calle O is smart ?????

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
132nd Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
I'm afraid some people can't differentiate apples from oranges. And calling those of us that can, "1st class morons" just IMO shows 1st class ignorance!

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
133rd Post
longhornlucky

Mana: 
Baca, you are one condescending MFer.. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would not be attempting to peddle real estate..

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 04:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
134th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: I totally agree Bart, and all that has been responded to. It's clear as where to contribute. Are you in? It's time to get it on. The smart ones got it, the dumb ones can wallow in their own.
baca, as an intelligent individual you are one ignorant SOB!!!
where is the plan?
who is on the steering committee?
what is the goal amount?
what is the timeline?
????????????
throw in the towel!!!! you are chasing away any prospective contributors!!

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
135th Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote:
baca, as an intelligent individual you are one ignorant SOB!!!

after careful and thoughtful consideration i retract this statement, your just an ignorant,obstinate,condescending, SOB!!!! 

your trying to lead the good citizens of san carlos and viewers of this site down the same DOOMED path as "paradise air"

i have 2 questions for you "mr. know it all";

1)how much did you contribute?????
2) what happens to the money if enough isn't raised??? 

Last edited on Thu Sep 28th, 2017 04:23 am by frankie

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 05:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
136th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Altough I reserve my personal opinion on Mr. Baca and this attempt to raise funds for.... WHERE IS THE PLAN? that is the first question WHERE IS THE PLAN ? a dumb one like me will first ask, as well as the feds or the interesting concept of a Trust laid down by Frankie. Any professional consultant will also be a dumb for asking which plan We (excuse me, you intelligent fellows) want to finance, No plan? just what the comisario decides on his own? that is the plan? No plan? No dumb money.

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
137th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
I went back through this entire thread and still don't know the answers to my questions posed in my post #129.  Where do I send a contribution, who is managing the funds, the projects and reporting?  Mr Baca states this is all responded to and it is clear where to contribute, but not where I can see it.

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
138th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
OK, Here is the "Nothing Accomplished Posts Count".

Frankie...................32 posts

Richard Baca............29 posts

Johnmoore...............26 posts

Also posting just 1 or 2 or 3 posts; 18, including myself.

If I had to make guess after reading this Thread, I would say that this opinionated, argumentative, self centered, egotistical, small group of folks will Never be able to work togerther and will Never Accomplish Anything.

Si O No

Last edited on Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:07 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
139th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: OK, Here is the "Nothing Accomplished Posts Count".

Frankie...................32 posts

Richard Baca............29 posts

Johnmoore...............26 posts

Also posting just 1 or 2 or 3 posts; 18, including myself.

If I had to make guess after reading this Thread, I would say that this opinionated, argumentative, self centered, egotistical, small group of folks will Never be able to work togerther and will Never Accomplish Anything.

Si O No

jimmy, lets get something straight!! there is only one person BACA who trying to push this down everyone's throat's!

baca's approach is "cart before the horse" !! there is no published plan, there is no published goal, collection of funds is extremely sketchy, AND WE AS A COMMUNITY ARE EXPECTED TO UNITE BEHIND THIS, TO ATTEMPT TO COLLECT $135,000. USD??
there is absolutely no professionalism to this drive! i am not a part of this drive!! i have seen grade school-er"s with more professionalism than this with bake sales, car washes, ect!!!before you start barking at me, remember i supported your post "mexican experience"!!!

Last edited on Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:21 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
140th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Jimmy, And I do expect a reply, an argument could be made, that while the 3 posters you mentioned do not agree on the implementation of the projects, there is no denial the 3 are proponents of the projects. So I claim that folks, such as you, are the problem, calling out people, who are well meaning, yet fail at being able to coordinate the effort. You might ask yourself, Hey Jimmy, what the heck have I done to contribute, in any way, other than negatively to this cause.

Last edited on Thu Sep 28th, 2017 03:32 pm by johnmoore

Current time is 12:30 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Comisaro, Ruben Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems