San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

 Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Comisaro, Ruben  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 25th, 2017 10:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
101st Post
Richard Baca
Guest
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Good to hear from you Jimmy! (BTW, that wuz three bites...:) When are you gonna be in town for some rojas? And some "jaw flappin"?!

Last edited on Mon Sep 25th, 2017 10:59 pm by

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Sep 25th, 2017 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
102nd Post
frankie
Member


Joined: Fri Sep 1st, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 1052
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Jimmy wrote

Just take it one bite at a time... Topes, Topes, Topes...




i agree

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 02:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
103rd Post
mp3cdr
Member
 

Joined: Sun Feb 19th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 49
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I agree as well. I haven't purchased a home yet and currently renting but I be glad to pay for a topes in front of my rental. Cars fly around the bay. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 03:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
104th Post
Richard Baca
Guest
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Look everyone, we don't contribute to any selfish or self serving purpose such as "topes in front of my house" or only for this or that! What we are contributing to is for the greater good, not anyone's personal wish list!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 04:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
105th Post
johnmoore
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 21st, 2013
Location: Alameda, Ca.
Posts: 961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Richard B, if you are referring to post #104 you are way off base, read it again. He was not soliciting anything?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 04:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
frankie
Member


Joined: Fri Sep 1st, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 1052
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
fellow viewers, i have enjoyed many threads and enjoyed a lot of educated posts!

 during the last few weeks i have received many PM's from you and seen some of you publicly! all with  the same comments and advice to me! i thank you for this to help better myself!

 we have all seen a disturbing pattern of one of our posters!
it has become counter productive for the different threads and posts!

for myself i am going to do my best not to be baited by this individual! i can only recommend you do the same!
i want to apologize to all of you, for the counter productive banter i have allowed myself to participate in!

 i can only hope you forgive  me!!

Last edited on Tue Sep 26th, 2017 06:43 am by frankie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 05:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
Richard Baca
Guest
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
mp3cdr wrote: ... but I be glad to pay for a topes in front of my rental. Cars fly around the bay. 
Johnmoore, the way I read that is "glad to pay for topes in front of his rental" but what about what this whole effort is about? It's not specifically about his rental or my torn up street, or the LDM road, or Calle "0", it's about the greater good as determined by our Comisario. He wants resident funding for SC priorities that he can't get Guaymas treasury funding for. It may well be that Bahía topes are high on the list (I hope so), but it's all up to the Comisario and yes we can all make suggestions to him. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 05:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post
Xicotencatl
Member


Joined: Fri Apr 29th, 2011
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Posts: 79
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
All this discussion reminds me the tale of giving a man a fish or teach him to fish...I am totally against this type of fund raising from our old "rich" gringos (and some Mexicans as well) as they should stop being seen as the big bucks guys in the town, and sometimes this is not longer true.

There are federal funds, at SEDESOL or even Hacienda ( FAIP for instance) were a good documented project for pavement to SC can download really big money from the Mexican Feds, were although funding is applied via Guaymas Mayor, it will be a federal crime if he attempts to use them for other purpose other than funding the specific project the funds are paying

My vote against the easy solution of squeezing the residents as in the old times, if the Comisario has NO idea of his role and available resources I prefer to contribute, through a residents committee, to pay a consultant that can help him make a real, professional project, to apply for federal funds and really change the town. The mayor will never oppose to this and will not be able to touch a cent of the big bucks that can be obtained like that, overseen by a residents committee in a trust ,the story will be different. Richard, stop soliciting for money like that, get the comisario to work or at least motivate him to learn which really good options he actually have to bring solutions to SC.

Last edited on Tue Sep 26th, 2017 05:08 am by Xicotencatl

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 05:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post
frankie
Member


Joined: Fri Sep 1st, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 1052
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
post #109 yours is a well thought out educated response!!
thank you!!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 05:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
Limey
Member


Joined: Tue May 24th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
700.00 per person .but lets not go cheap... you need to do a tear up then repair the road bed, then 4 inches og ashphalt... not a spray and gravel job, the heat would only make the tar melt in the heat..if you are going to do it spend the money and do it right.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 12:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
johnmoore
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 21st, 2013
Location: Alameda, Ca.
Posts: 961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The reality is Richard B, Mp3's suggested method of getting things done, is generally the only way things get done here.......and you know it. This is a do it yourself place. Sometimes you can convince your neighbors to chip in on a street project, but anything outside the neighborhood is just too far away to matter. That is why after taking care of my street for some 30 years plus, when many cars using my efforts, I find it hard to come into someone else's neighborhood and support $$$$$$$, their efforts...that's not selfish, that is self sufficient and sensible.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 12:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
johnmoore
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 21st, 2013
Location: Alameda, Ca.
Posts: 961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I will contribute to most any project on Beltrones.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 03:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
Richard Baca
Guest
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Unfortunately johnmoore, yours seems to be the general attitude and the reality of San Carlenses. Be that as it may, the community has some minor infrastructure needs, and our Comisario has asked for Resident contributions since he cannot get any money out of the Guaymas treasury. I think it's up to us to contribute whatever we can and it's up to him as to how and where it is applied.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 04:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
johnmoore
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 21st, 2013
Location: Alameda, Ca.
Posts: 961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
unfortunately Richard baca, yours seems to a socialistic, "the few take care of the many", type attitude. If there on 12 homes on my street, 6 each side and we all maintain the street in front of our homes, we have a pristine street. If we fund raise to maintain the street and 4 home owners donate, and 8 do not, we have leeches, and no pristine street. Unfortunately, that is the way things work here in SC, due to whatever reason the Mexican politicians give you, and you are willing to swallow said explanation.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
Xicotencatl
Member


Joined: Fri Apr 29th, 2011
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Posts: 79
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: Unfortunately johnmoore, yours seems to be the general attitude and the reality of San Carlenses. Be that as it may, the community has some minor infrastructure needs, and our Comisario has asked for Resident contributions since he cannot get any money out of the Guaymas treasury. I think it's up to us to contribute whatever we can and it's up to him as to how and where it is applied.first sentence : False, second sentence : Unacceptable , third sentence : He has not looked at other options Fourth sentence : totally wrong. 
If you want to see a real change involve the community, be transparent and LOOK or being less arrogant LEARN where the money can be obtained. I will not support nor give a cent to somebody that is looking for an easy way to raise funds and apply where He wishes. Richard B. you normally self nominate to be the expert voice on SC, IT IS NOT the case.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 08:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
116th Post
Richard Baca
Guest
 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So true johnmoore, but the alternative here in the case of needed topes and Calle "0" repair is wallow in our own mire or move to get something done. It's unfortunately true that it will be a few with civic responsibility in mind that will contribute while the leeches enjoy. Like you, I wish it were otherwise, but it is what it is.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 10:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
117th Post
Wy Ynot
Member
 

Joined: Thu Oct 27th, 2005
Location: Gillette, Wyoming USA
Posts: 461
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
And I a third. I certainly am not qualified. I am a great Monday morning quarterback although I will stand for National anthems, LOL. Frankie and Richard have opposing views and ideas on some things but could be very helpful in a committee of three or five or maybe even 7 with Ruben as the chair and tiebreaker. The community could contribute honest and helpful suggestions and the junta could hash it out and go from there. Again, we have in my opinion never had a comisario who would even try. We should use Ruben to at least attempt improvements. Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 26th, 2017 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
118th Post
Hook
Member
 

Joined: Wed Oct 26th, 2005
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3519
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Xicotencatl wrote: All this discussion reminds me the tale of giving a man a fish or teach him to fish...I am totally against this type of fund raising from our old "rich" gringos (and some Mexicans as well) as they should stop being seen as the big bucks guys in the town, and sometimes this is not longer true.

There are federal funds, at SEDESOL or even Hacienda ( FAIP for instance) were a good documented project for pavement to SC can download really big money from the Mexican Feds, were although funding is applied via Guaymas Mayor, it will be a federal crime if he attempts to use them for other purpose other than funding the specific project the funds are paying

My vote against the easy solution of squeezing the residents as in the old times, if the Comisario has NO idea of his role and available resources I prefer to contribute, through a residents committee, to pay a consultant that can help him make a real, professional project, to apply for federal funds and really change the town. The mayor will never oppose to this and will not be able to touch a cent of the big bucks that can be obtained like that, overseen by a residents committee in a trust ,the story will be different. Richard, stop soliciting for money like that, get the comisario to work or at least motivate him to learn which really good options he actually have to bring solutions to SC.

Amid all the disasters and Federal dollars going to those causes, I'd say that applying for Federal funds should probably get something done in San Carlos  by late 2030.

I read an article just recently that stated that the Federal govt plans on spending about 20% less, across the board, in Mexico in 2018. Pretty sure it was on Mexico Daily News, which is really only a consolidator of news stories from within and outside of Mexico.

Last edited on Tue Sep 26th, 2017 11:41 pm by Hook

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 12:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
119th Post
Bullshipper
Member
 

Joined: Thu Aug 23rd, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1947
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hook wrote: Xicotencatl wrote: All this discussion reminds me the tale of giving a man a fish or teach him to fish...I am totally against this type of fund raising from our old "rich" gringos (and some Mexicans as well) as they should stop being seen as the big bucks guys in the town, and sometimes this is not longer true.

There are federal funds, at SEDESOL or even Hacienda ( FAIP for instance) were a good documented project for pavement to SC can download really big money from the Mexican Feds, were although funding is applied via Guaymas Mayor, it will be a federal crime if he attempts to use them for other purpose other than funding the specific project the funds are paying

My vote against the easy solution of squeezing the residents as in the old times, if the Comisario has NO idea of his role and available resources I prefer to contribute, through a residents committee, to pay a consultant that can help him make a real, professional project, to apply for federal funds and really change the town. The mayor will never oppose to this and will not be able to touch a cent of the big bucks that can be obtained like that, overseen by a residents committee in a trust ,the story will be different. Richard, stop soliciting for money like that, get the comisario to work or at least motivate him to learn which really good options he actually have to bring solutions to SC.

Amid all the disasters and Federal dollars going to those causes, I'd say that applying for Federal funds should probably get something done in San Carlos  by late 2030.

I read an article just recently that stated that the Federal govt plans on spending about 20% less, across the board, in Mexico in 2018. Pretty sure it was on Mexico Daily News, which is really only a consolidator of news stories from within and outside of Mexico.


I really think that SC needs to be its own municipality to get its fair share of the funds its generates .
Guaymas has degenerated into a shadow of itself and will need more and more resources as its population continues to grow while its industry continues its downward spiral.So while I am simpatico to their problems, I think that Mayor of Guaymas would cut our resources even more in the future to ensure that the larger contingent of voters kept the PRI or Pan in power there if funds were raised from the tourists here.
More topes, or pot holes are not responsible for most of the accidents and fast driving here, its the lack of enforcement that is already being funded.
It takes a lot of money to run a town, and donations from some of the tourists is never going to add up to enough funding to meet SC needs.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 27th, 2017 02:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
120th Post
Jimmy
Member


Joined: Fri Jan 20th, 2006
Location: Safford AZ
Posts: 1438
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Why would someone ask the deadbeats on this board for anything to improve their community? These are folks who couldn't make it on the beach in Cal. And, they are a opinionated, argumentative, self centered, egotistical, small group of folks who's contribution wouldn't make a hill of beans anyway.(If they contributed).  They are here because of the $100 a year property tax instead of $8,000 a year. Asking them for a $1,000 for community improvements is like asking them for their shriveled-up left nut. They are "SO" predictable. If you count them out, it is just a handful of blow-hards who don't count for much anyway.


I SAY, FORGET ANY IMPROVEMENTS! The problems are just part of the "Mexico Experience" and lets all live with them.


It's every man for himself. Don't you know.

Last edited on Wed Sep 27th, 2017 02:59 am by Jimmy

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 03:57 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Comisaro, Ruben Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems