San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lidia  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 03:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
101st Post
guzzi

Mana: 
F-Troop reporting in only 4 inches of rain yesterday morning till now. A lot of wind no damage here.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
102nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
Glad you came through it OK Guzzi. Did you have to use the generator or did power stay on?

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 04:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
103rd Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I'm guessing that power is out in many areas. Of the 4 webcams in town that were functioning yesterday, 3 of them are currently down.  This might explain why there are relatively few posts from people in town.
Hotel Playa de Cortes is the only one up.  http://www.webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-guaymas

Last edited on Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 04:19 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 04:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
104th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Been trying to reach friends and neighbors in the Villa Hermosa sector, via telephone, no one answers, odd, as all go to the telmex answering device. Anyone got anything on this?

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
105th Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
Power has been out in Ranchitos for 7 hours now.

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 04:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
ttaz

Mana: 
I am AV F never lost power or phone.  I guess it just depends where you are at.   Now just wind and clouds.

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
frankie

Mana: 
power and phone here at puesta

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 05:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
The power is back on after being off multiple times since 3:30 am for extended periods on Caracol Peninsula.  Glad to have a/c so I can try to sleep now.

And I add, I think our CFE guys work really hard to restore power when it is out and do a great job after a storm like this.  I am grateful for having electricity.

Last edited on Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 05:17 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
We've been off since 1:35 a.m. On Calle H...Ranchitos

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 05:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
Whoops.....it just came back....A.C.....

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 07:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Thanks RD No power loss at all not even a hiccup. LOL

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 07:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
RichD

Mana: 
The wind was stronger than I expected and I really thought it would be calm by now. Still learning. This was an odd storm with half of it being over the Pacific and half over the SOC. The heavy swells from the South followed previous patterns of when strong winds occur at the mouth of the gulf. Hope life goes back to normal soon.

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 07:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
10-99

Mana: 
We are on Manglares just behind Megacable....a full 5" on rain in the gauge, almost all of it after 11:00 PM. House flooded, power out for a while after 3:30 AM, back on now. Pumping, cleaning, and griping! We just had to be close to the water....by the way, Manglares is blocked off, surf brought in at least two million football size rocks! Be careful...

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
We saw a power pole leaned way over but with CFE working on it. It's in front of Triana Condos.

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 10:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
It sounds like the storm is subsiding, the rain stopped, the surf laying down....Right?

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
116th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Lost power for about 15 minutes or about 6 am. Our leak through the a/c vent wasn't quite sealed up, so we had four buckets underneath it inside the house. And, a leak that comes in up above the corner of my bed. We had pulled everything in or taken stuff down, so no damage here across from Marina Terra.

Downsized a couple of my photos from La Posada and Charley's Rock yesterday. Let me see if they will post today.
Here's one from Charley's Rock.

Attached Image (viewed 260 times):

lidia3sm.jpg

Last edited on Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 10:10 pm by 390pony

Posted: Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 10:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
117th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Here's one of the wave action by La Posada.

Attached Image (viewed 262 times):

lidia2sm.jpg

Last edited on Sat Sep 2nd, 2017 10:11 pm by 390pony

Posted: Sun Sep 3rd, 2017 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
118th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I'd love to see some photos of ocean storm surge actually crossing Beltrones. Not wave spray, but actually tidal surge combined with waves. That I have never seen, IN TOWN.

Well, not "love to see", because of the damage that would have caused. Make that "be interested to see".

Last edited on Sun Sep 3rd, 2017 01:33 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Sep 3rd, 2017 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
119th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
That's never happened. The most impressive shots are usually taken on the West side of Charly's Rock and are of the large splash and spray from the waves hitting the wall with the wind driving the spray inland. It almost looks like the wave is crashing onto the street, but it's not. There can be debris flung up from the ocean and cars passing by could get nicked. Of course visibility would probably also be compromised in this situation.

Now, out East of SC where the road actually crosses the Estero del Soldado flood plain, it's conceivable that with a 9 foot or so storm surge at high tide, salt water could cross the road. The reason that I say "a 9 foot storm surge at high tide" is that back in 2003 when Hurricane Marty hit us with an 8 foot storm surge at high tide, it almost covered the road, but not quite by maybe a couple of inches!

Last edited on Sun Sep 3rd, 2017 02:03 am by

Posted: Sun Sep 3rd, 2017 01:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
120th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Hook, didn't witness what you describe but in my opinion the heaviest surf for some years and the roughest I have seen. I think sometime during early hours there was the actual surge in places. There were rocks and debris across Beltrones shortly after daylight this morning. Mostly from Charlie's Rock toward the old Champs, near Triana, couple places beside Triana on San Francisco Beach, near Coralitos, the old Fiesta. Again, I did not witness, but it's fully evident. I bet someone probably does have photos. Hope this helps. Ron

Current time is 03:15 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Lidia Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems