San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lidia  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Aug 31st, 2017 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
That is really a cool wind map......I just had to bookmark it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Aug 31st, 2017 10:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
That was actually the wave map on windy.com. If you want the wind map, look at the clickable icons along the right margin. One of them is for wind.

Posted: Thu Aug 31st, 2017 10:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
I was actually commenting on this link posted by RichD
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-104.20,24.62,1696

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Tough conditions in Cabo right now. They took it on the nose again. Some wind sites are predicting 40mph wind in SC tomorrow. I would suggest preparing for that but my opinion is that sustained winds tomorrow will be more like 25mph, still not pleasant. I think the worst wind will be Saturday. I remain cautiously optimistic that wind will not be of the destructive kind. It will not be a pleasant weekend, well some exciting kite boarding but not pleasant for sun worshipers. Take the patio umbrellas down but I don't see extensive damage in SC unless you live on the water. Tomorrow should be the key as it is uncertain how much the storm will weaken when the eye gets into the mountains along the spine of Baja.

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 01:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Winds are still very strong at 65mph as Lidia moves up the spine of Baja. The good news is that steering conditions should keep it out of the gulf. She should continue up the Baja and eventually move back over the Pacific around Mag Bay. SC will start seeing the outer bands today. Right now, strong winds extend way East of the center, we will see if that holds as Lidia moves North. I still hold the opinion that Lidia will be more of a picnic spoiler than a destructive force in SC but would advise to prepare for some strong wind on Saturday just in case.

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 01:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
The latest satellite loops seem to show the center of the storm moving into the Sea Of Cortex and not staying over the Baja land mass or turning west out to sea...

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/dml/west/nhem/weus/rb.html

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 01:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
6.30 am location

Attached Image (viewed 214 times):

IMG_0245.PNG

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 01:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Alert level raised to Orange yesterday evening - all schools closed today.

Expected wind arrival around 11am according to 6.30 am forecast on one site

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 01:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Post #26, is a very interesting display by noaa, as it contradicts all of it's other visuals....any thought RichD?

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 01:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
RichD

Mana: 
It does look that way but I think it is because the storm is 'lopsided' in the sense that the half that is over cold Pacific water is not generating the amount of rain as the half that is over the SOC.  That will continue but as the day progresses, the cool air from the Pacific will circulate counter clockwise into the gulf.  Will still produce plenty of rain but anything under 3 inches is about what a normal monsoon storm would produce.  I believe that the path of the center will follow predictions based on the influence of a mid level high area in Arizona keeping it from going East into the SOC.  If it does come into the SOC, all bets are off.  Always good to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.  

Attached Image (viewed 212 times):

Capture.JPG

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
frankie

Mana: 
the satellite pictures look a lot scarier than the tracking charts! 

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
I agree. The infra red images are precipitation and in this case do not really show the center of the storm. By the way, I am not there. Would like to hear first hand accounts of surf conditions.

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 02:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
I am not sure how accurate these wind predictions are but this site allows you to look ahead at wind patterns. It is indicating that the worst winds will be late tonight and into early Saturday.

https://www.windy.com/?24.507,-111.819,5

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Latest update shows no change to the path... good news. Still strong winds of 60mph but predicted to weaken throughout the day. I had thought that peak winds would be on Saturday but now I think the worst will be tonight. Center of the storm is on the West edge of Baja even though the IR images don't look like it. Hope the power stays on, stay safe.

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 04:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
RichD

Mana: 
By the way, peak winds will be ESE which is lucky for some, not so good for San Francisco beach.

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 04:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Here is the webcam page on sonrisanet. Many are down, even before the storm. I cant get the La Posada webcam to work, either. But the one at Playa de Cortes, over in Miramar, is working and shows the general weather conditions. It is a bit protected from the swell over there.

http://sonrisanet.org/Webcams/WebcamGuaymas.html

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 04:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Oh, yeah.  That camera view is very tame compared to the HUGE rollers coming in to La Posada beach.

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 04:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Geary at sonrisa.net is a real weatherman. Unfortunately they found a spot on his lung and he is undergoing treatment. Hope he does well. Looks a little gloomy in San Carlos.

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
RichD

Mana: 
For those that follow Rada on Facebook, he is showing live videos of the surf. Big waves!

Posted: Fri Sep 1st, 2017 05:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the waves are hitting hard and entering charlies rock. here at puesta the tide is up but not the craziness in san carlos "weird"!!!

Current time is 11:52 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Lidia Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems