San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
Just what we needed  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 10:04 pm

61st Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Jimmie in your post number 39 that shows the video do you see the three people standing just on the other side of the van while the guys in the small car are shooting the 2 occupant in the van.  Now, those three people never move and stand there until after the black car starts shooting at the get away car then they run after it's all over.  They must have been tramatized or something.

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 11:43 pm

62nd Post
ezmony

Mana: 
Or not to bright.....

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 12:53 am

63rd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
KIWI, It looked to me like they were waiting at the bus stop for a bus. Or, maybe like other posters here...They were in a State of Denial. jajaja

Last edited on Sun Aug 27th, 2017 01:12 am by Jimmy

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 01:10 am

64th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Do you know the victims of the kidnappings, Mr. Baca, and where they live? Tell us who they were. Where is this source of yours?

How can you use a capitalized "FACT" about their residences and the word "apparently" in the same sentence?

"...FACT....."

"....apparently...."

"....it seems....."

"I may be wrong, but......."

And we're supposed to take some comfort in this specious argument of yours? I'm supposed to feel good that "apparently" none of them lived here, because you started it all with the word FACT? LOL!

It may turn out that none of them lived in San Carlos. But FACTS are FACTS, and I'm not seeing the FACTS you are claiming. Unless you are, for some reason, hiding the source of your FACTS. I see pure speculation. I see an "argument" that would be ripped to shreds by a junior high debate team member.

I really dont see much significance with where they lived, anyway. When outside cartels take over towns like Chihuahua or Acapulco or Tecoman or Juarez, it matters little that the perps weren't from the immediate area. The results are the same. 

I'm not equating San Carlos with these towns, of course. But the residences of these thugs, matters very little. OK, maybe you wont get shot by your neighbor, while going out to the mailbox. But, is it a comfort to victims of crimes in San Diego that the perps were from El Cajon or Chula Vista? I doubt it. Perps go where they want. They came here with their guns. And San Carlos has a certain attraction, like San Diego does. Thugs like beaches and bars, too, I would imagine.  They're probably not hanging out in Ortiz........

Besides, one of the dead was from SJ de Guaymas. That's close enough for me. Maybe 10-15 minutes away from SC? There is clearly nothing stopping him or his element from coming here, whenever they choose. Same goes for the guy from HMO. Steal a car and go wherever you want. "Hey, man, let's cruise San Carlos in our stolen car with our guns, man".

I still think the odds of a gringo becoming a victim are extremely small. But this type of ill-conceived argument needs to be exposed for what it is. Speculation with "spin".......... but NOT FACTS.

I hope that business interests in San Carlos don't start "circling the wagons" and begin feeding us "alternative FACTS" on all this;  to protect their business interests. 

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 01:37 am

65th Post
Hook

Mana: 
There is a video on Facebook of another car that came by the OXXO shooting, just after it occurred. Two people from that vehicle began shooting at the car that shot the guys in the Sienna van, as they were driving away. Looks like an automatic or semi-automatic rifle was used. Those bullets probably impacted a building that had people in it; given the location. Not too many empty lots along Beltrones in that area. Somebody should look for bullet holes in the outside of Iguanas, if my orientation is correct.

https://www.facebook.com/FM105Guaymas/videos/1564748146925902/

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 02:53 am

66th Post
lasninas

Mana: 
I just returned from Hermosillo and there is a massive presence by the Federal Police and all lanes are blocked entering and exiting San Carlos.  That's the kind of security I'm talking about.  I am very proud of the swift response to the acts of outsiders a few days ago.  

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:05 am

67th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: A FACT in all this is that has escaped many of us is that apparently ALL of the victims as well as the perps WERE NOT, and are ARE NOT San Carlos Residents. It seems that these events were executed by visitors that came here to do their dirty work! I may be wrong, but none lived here and are not likely to be back anytime soon. Someone posted that, "they live among us". That may in fact be true, but these recent incidents appear to be have been executed by outsiders (to Carlos).
Yes Hook, I wrote "A FACT in all this that has escaped many of us the that apparently ALL of the victims as well as the perps WERE NOT, and ARE NOT San Carlos Residents". Well yes I'll grant you that there is an element of hyperbole in my use of "FACT" at the start of my post, however, the victims have all been identified in the news as being from elsewhere. The perps, as far as we know, remain at large but there is nothing to indicate that they are local. So please forgive my hyperbole, but I stand by it until proven otherwise.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:12 am

68th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Please post the source containing the victims names and their domiciles.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:30 am

69th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Other board, reporting that SC is now closed with police, feds, blocking all lanes in and out. Also stating the possibility of the perps being at large yet in SC. Anyone got anything on this or can substantiate?

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:48 am

70th Post
Hook

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: Other board, reporting that SC is now closed with police, feds, blocking all lanes in and out. Also stating the possibility of the perps being at large yet in SC. Anyone got anything on this or can substantiate?
That's nothing but pure speculation by you-know-who. Though, I do find it interesting that he appears to HOPE that there are perps still in town and that it might get "interesting."  

If there are perps, it could get really dangerous.  Interesting is not an adjective I would use. A major shoot out or a hostage situation could ensue. Collateral damage would be a greater possibility.

I guess that would be a means to his statement that "fewer Americans [in San Carlos] would not be a bad thing." 

Attached Image (viewed 243 times):

Screenshot (1).png

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:55 am

71st Post
lasninas

Mana: 
I made the post on the other board, and probably was not clear.  There is a road block, they are checking all cars entering or existing San Carlos, but you can get through.  I just did about an hour ago.  I assume the government is making a statement that trouble makers are not welcome in San Carlos. It is a great response, and it was swift.  Applaud it.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 04:01 am

72nd Post
maryt

Mana: 
Here is an article that I found in El Vigía. It is a Google translation:

xecute to six In just 15 hours ...
Font size Reduce font size Increase font size To print E-mail Be the first to comment!
The wave of violence that affects the municipality increased yesterday when the execution of 6 people and gunshot injuries were recorded in another three, in three isolated events

As never before in the history of Guaymas, violence occurred in the municipality and in three different events there were armed attacks, in which 6 people were executed and 3 more were injured with a firearm projectile.

Although people are involved in organized crime, the violent events recorded in the afternoon, night and morning of Thursday and Friday are a serious predicament for residents and seriously affect the image of the municipality, in terms of tourism.

While in other triennies Guaymas was considered one of the safest municipalities, not only the state, but the country, these bloody events place it as not recommended for vacation.

The efforts made by entrepreneurs are overshadowed by insecurity and the Mayor does not act to take any action to try to improve the security of Guaymen for him it is more important to attend the Fifth Forum of the National Association of Mayors.

Find more bodies

In an uncontrollable wave of violent events the dawn of Friday was found two people executed in an address of the Ranchito sector of San Carlos, reason why in only eight hours were four deaths registered in that tourist pole.

During the first minutes of Friday, a woman appeared at the Public Prosecutor's Office to say that she had been "raised" and taken to the house located on A street, between Second and Third avenues of the Ranchito Campestre sector, from where she was able to leave And noted that two men had been executed.

She said that, along with other people, she was deprived of her freedom and then some men dressed in military and murdered those who guarded the place, so she could escape.

Upon arriving at the site, about two hours later, elements of the Ministerial Investigation Agency and the State Public Security Police found two bodies on the porch of the house.

One was wearing an orange t-shirt and another was without clothes, both of which showed signs of torture and several gunshot wounds.

Outside the home was a ton-type vehicle in white and inside were drums used to store fuel.

One block from where the events occurred was a vehicle in gray with blood stains inside and outside.

Five escape

According to the information, five people managed to escape from the home of Ranchito San Carlos.

After a group of hired assassins, dressed as military men, arrived at Calle A, between Second and Third avenues, opened fire and killed two subjects who guarded the place; Five people, four men and one woman managed to escape.

All had been "raised" during the last days in several sectors of Guaymas, being the woman who went to the Public Prosecutor's Office to report what happened.

Four dead in San Carlos

In only eight hours were four deaths from violent incidents in San Carlos Guaymas.

As reported, prior to the executions discovered at dawn, at 6:00 pm on Thursday two individuals were killed, while one was injured, in the middle of the boulevard Manlio Fabio Beltrones Rivera, adjudicated to settle accounts between criminal groups.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 04:13 am

73rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
You were clear, lasninas. You made it through. Your post was misinterpreted.

However, two days later is not very swift in my opinion. A response within a few minutes at the time of these acts would be considered swift to me.

But that never happens.

When the guy got popped at the marina, I got it on good authority that it took the police 45 minutes to get to the scene, after they were called. He was shot on a friend of mine's boat. He just happened to be hanging out on the swimstep. The owner was not there, but there were deckhands on the dock.

I think it's all for show, too, out on the highway. The bad guys will stay away until it's taken down. If we know about the roadblock thousands of miles away, you can be sure the bad guys in HMO or SJ de G or Empalme, know.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 04:23 am

74th Post
Hook

Mana: 
WOW, MaryT, that is a lot of new information!
So, it looks like the newspaper has concluded that the paramilitary guys were bad guys, too.

Last edited on Sun Aug 27th, 2017 04:25 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 05:20 am

75th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
As of 10:00 PM tonight, Saturday 8/26/2017 there are no roadblocks into or out of San Carlos. Traffic is moving normally. Rain is probable.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 06:15 am

76th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I wonder if it's possible that these paramilitary guys are for hire to do this kind of stuff. Maybe a friend of the victims knew about this organization. This is a really strange scenario.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive........

Organization or gang, what's the difference, really?

A rose by any other name?

Just caught me some Bill Shakespeare at the outdoor theatre last night......can you tell?

Last edited on Sun Aug 27th, 2017 06:16 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 07:28 am

77th Post
maryt

Mana: 
I believe it is much easier in Mexico to get your hands on police uniforms so we don´t know if they were real military people or just wearing the uniforms. I don´t think the article did anything but quote what people reported as military uniforms being seen.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:36 pm

78th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Yeah, I guess the uniforms dont really matter much. It's been proven many times that gangs can be hired to commit hits........in all countries, not just Mexico. But it is not uncommon here. Like kidnapping.

I still find it amusing that people find the US more dangerous than Mexico. Statistically, it isnt even close. Mexico is 22 on the most recent list. But many of the countries above them are in a state of war against a neighboring country or an insurgency. The US is 50th. Canada is really safe, somewhere down around 160.

Kidnappings, not involving family members, are extremely rare in the US. Why? Because police forces are an effective deterrent in the US. It's not easy to get away with a crime like that. Not so in Mexico.

Appears some of the bad guys had an operation out of Solimar, according to a post on the other board. That person claims that all of this was connected.

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:43 pm

79th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Big news: Federal troops are coming to San Carlos today. No word on how long it will last. Sounds like we will have "strategic points" manned throughout the city, starting at 4pm.

http://elportaldelanoticia.mx/policiaca/2131-corporaciones-policiacas-de-todos-los-niveles-blindaran-guaymas-y-san-carlos-a-partir-de-hoy

Last edited on Sun Aug 27th, 2017 03:44 pm by Hook

Posted: Sun Aug 27th, 2017 04:13 pm

80th Post
RichD

Mana: 
The gas theft issue is not a joke. It is a huge criminal enterprise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/world/americas/mexico-fuel-theft-crisis.html

Current time is 11:40 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Just what we needed Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems