San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
Just what we needed  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 05:32 am

41st Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
HEY ALL YOU FEAR MONGERS! STOP and think for a second or two... Were any innocent bystanders hurt in all of this? NO, and not likely that there would be in a targeted hit! For cryin out loud(!), if you're not involved in the illicit drug trade, just chill out!! Ain't nuthin gonna happen to your silly worried arse!!

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 01:30 pm

42nd Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
All is so true, I'm just going to tough it out here in paradise.

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 02:10 pm

43rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote;

I think that YOU should use whatever coping rationalization method that makes you feel safe and secure and stop trying to convince others that their fears are not justified. Just let others make up their own minds about what is an acceptable risk to them and their loved ones.

It 's a dangerous world to live in now days.
my post #35 and jimmy's post # 37 are 2 very different and both valid opinions!

the video shows 3 vehicles of armed battling factions! one the armed victims in the grey van and one the assassins in the white car, one a dark vehicle shows 3 armed individuals.
if you watch carefully you'll see the the puff of dust when the white vehicle is leaving this is a round hitting the asphalt, coming from the dark car, it also appears at least several other rounds where shot from the dark car!

collateral damage IS a real possibility!!! that is why i wrote post #31 !!!!!

"JIMMY IS CORRECT" 
IT IS A DANGEROUS WORLD TO LIVE IN NOW DAYS!!!

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 03:02 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 05:18 pm

44th Post
maryt

Mana: 
¨HEY ALL YOU FEAR MONGERS! STOP and think for a second or two... Were any innocent bystanders hurt in all of this? NO, and not likely that there would be in a targeted hit! For cryin out loud(!), if you're not involved in the illicit drug trade, just chill out!! Ain't nuthin gonna happen to your silly worried arse!!¨  Richard Baca post 41.

Let´s not be stupid. The fact that innocent bystanders were not killed or injured in this incident when there was a high speed chase with bullets flying is merely good luck. I love San Carlos and will be back in a couple of months but this particular incident was significantly more serious than we have seen in the past. Unfortunately, I saw no more than cursory coverage in the local press so who knows what is really going on.

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 05:21 pm by maryt

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 05:48 pm

45th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
mary, you are correct!!! pure luck there was no collateral injuries!

the HIT on the grey van appears targeted, as richard comments, they probably used a pistol!!

but i count at least 5 indiscriminate shots from long guns fired from the dark vehicle!
these long gun rounds have a trajectory of over a mile!!!!!!

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 05:51 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 06:10 pm

46th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
We all agree, a horrible event. I believe the authorities are as curious as we all are, to what really transpired. In the video, the second car, going eastbound, with long guns, who were they? Why did the van stop where it did and allow the shooters to get them like fish in a barrel? How did the van end up where it did much further west? If they do not know, I am sure the authorities want to know....

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:12 pm

47th Post
stanbnv

Mana: 
Hook, I don't doubt your numbers but wonder where you got the. I'd like to use the source as a reference if it's reputable.
The average of about 75 Americans being kidnapped each year in Mexico, continues. Approximately 100 Americans are murdered in Mexico each year. Those numbers are actually pretty low, when you consider the number of American tourists and ex-pats who are in Mexico each year. 

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:13 pm by stanbnv

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:13 pm

48th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
MARIGOT @ No. 38 REALLY gets it! RIGHT ON MARIGOT!

johnmoore, the sequence of events according to the employees at the OXXO is as follows: A pick-up truck stopped and blocked the van, (both headed East, not West); then a car pulled up beside the van and a perp got out and openned fire (probably with a pistol) at the driver and one in the passenger seat; then openned the van's slider and shot the one in the back seat. As they pulled away we see in the video, a black car stop on the West bound frontage and an obviously inexperienced shooter emerges with a semi-automatic rifle, and because he didn't have it "safed", he accidentally let a round go into the pavement (that's the puff of dust we see on the road), and then shoots a couple of semi-auto rounds at the fleeing car.

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:15 pm by

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:31 pm

49th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote:As they pulled away we see in the video, a black car stop on the West bound frontage and an obviously inexperienced shooter emerges with a semi-automatic rifle, and because he didn't have it "safed", he accidentally let a round go into the pavement (that's the puff of dust we see on the road), and then shoots a couple of semi-auto rounds at the fleeing car.

not exactly, the driver of the dark car, fires while still in the car!! you can clearly see the muzzle blast "door closed" prior to  exiting the car and shouldering the weapon! there where 2 other shooters in the dark car, one on the passenger side and one in the back seat. it appears they both fired!!!
these are the indiscriminate rounds that where fired!

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:35 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:37 pm

50th Post
390pony

Mana: 
This is interesting, I just came back from getting my scuba tanks refilled at El Mar, and I was passing Blackies on the frontage road, seven state police vehicles came down Beltrones--six pickup trucks and a sedan. I thought they were going to the police station, but the turned right and up the hill to the Bahia.

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 07:39 pm

51st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
pony, just now?

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 08:01 pm

52nd Post
390pony

Mana: 
About 30 minutes ago.

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 08:12 pm

53rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
stanbnv wrote: Hook, I don't doubt your numbers but wonder where you got the. I'd like to use the source as a reference if it's reputable.
The average of about 75 Americans being kidnapped each year in Mexico, continues. Approximately 100 Americans are murdered in Mexico each year. Those numbers are actually pretty low, when you consider the number of American tourists and ex-pats who are in Mexico each year. 

Here is the article I used. It was on Fox News web site, but the murder and kidnapping figures are from the US State Department. Fox News ran this at the time the US State Dept issued it's last warning before the most recent one of a few days ago. It cover the years 2013-15, which was actually a comparative lull in violent crime in Mexico, compared to 2009-2012 and 2016-2017. So, I believe one can extrapolate that the murder/kidnapping figures from that lull have remained the same OR PROBABLY INCREASED.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/20/us-renews-travel-warning-to-mexico-as-killings-americans-climb.html

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 08:35 pm

54th Post
hans

Mana: 
I think Sancarlos has no Problems with the violence going on. Sancarlos is protectet by al the Indiana Jones living there.

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 09:02 pm

55th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
A FACT in all this is that has escaped many of us is that apparently ALL of the victims as well as the perps WERE NOT, and are ARE NOT San Carlos Residents. It seems that these events were executed by visitors that came here to do their dirty work! I may be wrong, but none lived here and are not likely to be back anytime soon. Someone posted that, "they live among us". That may in fact be true, but these recent incidents appear to be have been executed by outsiders (to Carlos).

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 09:05 pm

56th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i concur with richard, these guys where outsiders!

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 09:15 pm

57th Post
Guido

Mana: 
The dead ones won't be back anytime soon!

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 09:30 pm

58th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I think you have to consider that a great majority of 'Americans' killed in Mexico (100/yr), might be just citizens by documentation , involved with bad things, in the cartels, and are not tourists or 'American residents'. Just bad businessmen, or maybe some family affairs.
It seems that this is the time. Hey, it's hot, buggy, and humid anyhow. You should be somewhere cooler for a few more weeks! Maybe it's a prep for the harvest season, the bad guys are on vacation ( or think they are safe on vacation), or a summer of bad drug use just has the hit men at a boiling point this far into the summer. You shouldn't be outside anyhow right now. Your chances of dying to the elements and from skin cancer should be your main concerns.
If I have to fish any longer for juvenile dorado I'm going to put panties on and join Miss Jenner. Heard a good report from 30 out that might loosen my sack. I know I don't have to watch out for bullets there. 

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 09:36 pm

59th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
good one brian!

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 09:48 pm

60th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I think most of us are too poor and a burden to kidnap anyhow. 

Current time is 08:38 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Just what we needed Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems