San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
Just what we needed  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 05:58 pm

21st Post
Hook

Mana: 
I was wrong about the Ranchitos murder location, with respect to the old Biffle house. If the news accounts are true, it is farther south on A. There are many residences on that section. It is the road with the ladies making tortillas out of a stand and the road with the horrible eyesore of trash and mechanized parts at the dump truck driver's house. It is one block west of the street where Abarrotes Alamos Super Tienda is located.

I'm beginning to wonder if these events weren't related. No time listed on the Ranchitos murders.

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 06:20 pm

22nd Post
Flaco

Mana: 
Well put, Richard.

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 06:28 pm

23rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: In all the noise about this, one has to bear in mind that this is all revenge among themselves; among drug dealers and maybe up to the cartel level. The murders on the Boulevard look like a fight among drug dealers and the one in the Ranchitos appears more coordinated with "uniformed" men in a 1 ton truck. Nevertheless, other than the scare, no foreigners were in any way singled out. But just wait now; our Illustrious Consulate in Hermosillo will put out an alert to Americans Re: Violence in San Carlos! Watch out!! Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. In any event, as long as anyone is not involved, I don't thing there's anything to worry about.
You dont have to be singled out, if there are firearms exchanges between vehicles on a street like F, in the Ranchitos, which is what King George reported. Or along Beltrones. These werent shootouts at late-night, early-morning hours when cartels are supposedly at work. However, the odds are very great that this might happen. 

I dont know what you would have the consulate do, Richard. They are damned if they do, and damned if they dont keep their citizen appraised of the dangers. More information is good. It is incredible how the murders have increased in the Los Cabos area, as well as a new surge in Tijuana/Ensenada/Rosarito. People need to know about that. The stats bear it out. 

Actually, I dont worry much about being shot by a fringe cartel guy. Kidnapping is a scarier threat to me;  especially if one appears to have the means to pay a large ransom. Almost every gringo in San Carlos qualifies, in that respect. Kidnappings are on the rise, again, in Mexico. The average of about 75 Americans being kidnapped each year in Mexico, continues. Approximately 100 Americans are murdered in Mexico each year. Those numbers are actually pretty low, when you consider the number of American tourists and ex-pats who are in Mexico each year. So, our odds are pretty good. Certainly some of the murdered were probably involved in the drug trade.

But I am not aware of any kidnappings having occurred in San Carlos, involving gringos. We really have been a very safe town. I dont know why that wouldnt continue, even with these incidents. 

Last edited on Fri Aug 25th, 2017 06:29 pm by Hook

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 07:06 pm

24th Post
Reeltime

Mana: 
I drove by the van last night minutes after the incident. No police or ambulance had arrived. The driver side door was open with the bodies inside. It's just a matter of time before innocent bystanders get caught in the cross fire.

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 08:06 pm

25th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
There is NO where on this earth, that one is not subject to being collateral damage.

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 08:51 pm

26th Post
Reeltime

Mana: 
I agree with you that we're all subject to collateral damage anywhere, anytime. The fact that these incidents (4 that I recall) happen on a well traveled road during daylight hours certainly increases the probability that some one innocent is going to be involved.

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 09:10 pm

27th Post
Hook

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: There is NO where on this earth, that one is not subject to being collateral damage.
True, but there are better odds in some places than others. I'd feel safer from collateral damage in the Pitcairn Islands than I would in San Carlos. Safer in San Carlos than in Damascus.

I go through life making decisions based on probabilities. It is not probable that, as an individual, I might become collateral damage to a shootout in San Carlos. Possible, yes, but not probable.

Just as it is not probable that I will catch a dorado over 30 lbs in the Sea of Cortez again. 

Especially when I'm not there.................;)

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 09:40 pm

28th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Friday morning man found bound and wounded in Ranchitos.
http://189.198.239.242/index.php/portada/item/3247-encuentran-a-hombre-herido-y-esposado-en-san-carlos

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 09:53 pm

29th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Above Article: handcuffed behind his back was found Friday morning in the Ranchito sector of San Carlos, a few hours after they found two people executed in the same sector.

This is Alonso NM, nicknamed "El Alonso", domiciled in the Gulf of California colony, who was found in Lot 125, Third Street and Third Avenue, Ranchito Sector San Carlos.

It was at 7:30 this Friday when elements of the Municipal Police aboard unit 148, had knowledge about a person injured and tied.

When they went to the abovementioned house, they found the Alonso with wounds on various parts of the body and handcuffed hands to the back.

Immediately he was taken to a city hospital on the edge of Unit 203 of San Carlos Rescue.

As reported, previously in the same Ranchito sector, at dawn this Friday they found two people executed in a house located on the street A, between Second and Third avenues.

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 10:05 pm

30th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Hook, I totally agree with your post #27.

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 10:08 pm

31st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i was an innocent bystander, send lawyers, guns and money, dad get me out of this!

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 10:21 pm

32nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, the noun describes you, the adjective, does not..lol,jajajajajajaj

Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 10:27 pm

33rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
it was meant as a metaphor, they are lyrics from a warren zevon song! 

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 02:28 am

34th Post
Ron & Karen

Mana: 
Things sure aren't like they use to be - isn't that right all you old timer expats?  I understand that you all have a stake in San Carlos - but your arguments of rationalization about the security risks in San Carlos still amaze me.  Quartersplash wanted risk estimates a while ago and you boys down played the threats because you had been there for years and still felt safe.  Better check you southern pacific coast neighbor Acapulco (Mexico's murder capitol) - the big cartels are being replaced by smaller ones and gangs.  Plus the Cancun area is now pin pointed as extremely dangerous.  So, I don't blame you for talking a safe game since you are already there - but geez - at least be a little realistic about what really happens in the nation that you have chosen in which to live.  All you can really say is that SC is not yet a bulls eye.  Read up on Acapulco - they are not "just killing themselves".

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 02:39 am

35th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
post #34 shear ignorance on your part! look at all the major cities in the USA with a population of over 500,000. all have high murder rates multiply those homicides times that number of cities and it will be horrifying to you!
if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch!

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 02:48 am

36th Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
     About post 34... Yes, I'm not too worried about life in S.C. I live in Tucson, I can show you areas you shouldn't be at night. Phoenix is worse and so is every big metropolis in the states.
   I leave my keys in my car when parked at a business, and walk anywhere I want at night without a fear. Try that in Detroit, Chicago, La, Atlanta, ect.
   If you look for trouble you will find it. Don't go looking for drugs or showing off your wealth and you will just fine down here.

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 03:25 am

37th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
HAHAHAHAHA

It never fails. The Village Idiots immediately lash out at anyone who, (after multiple murders and Kidnappings and Lord knows what else) Might mention that there is Violence here in River City.

As always The #1 Response is the good ole Smoke and Mirrors----"But look at Detroit-Chicago-__________ Fill in the Blank. Asking folks to Look elsewhere and away from the Violence! 

Face the Facts and get on with your lives and stop showing yourselves to be the Deniers you seem to be. For goodness sake This little place only has about 3,000 people living here 4 murders for that many people in one day is a Lot.  (I think they figure by murders per 100,000).

I think that YOU should use whatever coping rationalization method that makes you feel safe and secure and stop trying to convince others that their fears are not justified. Just let others make up their own minds about what is an acceptable risk to them and their loved ones.

It 's a dangerous world to live in now days.

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 03:43 am by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 03:46 am

38th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
As a single woman, I moved to San Carlos 8 years ago and live here full time.  Had never been south of the border from the USA before!

Felt VERY safe then, and even after the 9 or 10 or so murders here in town since then, still feel SOOOO much safer here than anywhere in the USA.  I love my life here!

If you are afraid to be in MX, stay in the USA with the random mass shootings at movie theaters, shopping malls, churches, schools, etc, by the psychos.  I would rather be collateral damage here than a victim of the mentally ill up north.

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 04:06 am

39th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Here is a Comforting Video of the shootings---You will not believe this! Watch to the end. Its amazing no innocent bystanders were hit.

https://www.facebook.com/FM105Guaymas/videos/1564748146925902/

Last edited on Sat Aug 26th, 2017 04:21 am by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Aug 26th, 2017 04:27 am

40th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Someone on the other bd said that they don't just come here to do their killing. They Live Here Among Us!

Current time is 12:23 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Just what we needed Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems