San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Topes  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 07:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Look everyone, the topes are necessary, period. Responsible residents are either in, or not. Donate to the project at the hardware store, or not. It will either happen, or not. It's entirely up to us, period! Fortunately we have a Comisario that gives a care, finally!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 03:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
I like topes , better solution to control the flow of traffic safely, stop signs and traffic signals have their limitations, well placed topes are very effective, keep the traffic flowing, I would like to see them installed at the Ranchitos Road and Beltrones intersection.

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
topes, topes, has anyone given any thought to what type of construction material to be used? there are well engineered topes such as the ones around the glorita at the intersection of the country clubs, and there are teeth and suspension shattering types!
typical BS arm chair solutions with no plans or estimated cost estimates!!! yet we are to feel intimidated if we tax payers don't donate at the hardware store for this venture!!!
"show me the beef", in this case SHOW US the plans for the topes and several bids for the construction!!!!
other wise don't expect contributions from us tax payers!!!

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 03:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Richard, to continually use the phrase "responsible resident", could prove to be counter productive to what the Comisario is trying to pull off. Conversely if one does not donate to said project, he/she, is now an "irresponsible resident"? One could make this distinction on any issue dear to their heart, that's a high and mighty position.........don't you think?? How about, all donations will be appreciated and the results will be beneficial to all residents?

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 03:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
plan and goal, these are basic business considerations.

plan new topes;location/locations cost estimates for construction, time line 

goal;to achieve the desired amount for construction, cut off time for donations

where exactly are these topes planned for?? how many topes are we talking about?

richard, have you ever heard of cart before the horse??? with out a plan and goal you are doomed to fail!!
our comisario should have full access to URBANO, there should be tope plans and costs at URBANO!!

Last edited on Sat Aug 19th, 2017 04:46 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 04:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I vote for More Potholes. The more potholes the slower the traffic. 

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Makes sense to me.....lol, 24/7 coverage, equal opportunity destruction of all cars, no overhead or upkeep, and eventually will be back down to dirt and rock. At that time we call in gg and his crack paving crew (LDM road) and start the process all over again.

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 05:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Frankie, the engineering ain't none of our business. The Comisario has asked us to contribute to the City's tope project in SC and supervised by the Comisario. If too many of you armchair engineers stick your/our noses into this, it will just simply get tube locked and not done. Let the Comisario do his thing with HIS engineers and construction people.

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 05:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
a few years ago i was asked by some our police officers if i could get them some radar guns. i did some research and the real ones used for law enforcement where cost prohibitive for my personal donation.

not to be discouraged i found bushnell radar guns used for sporting events at around $90/120. i purchased one and it worked fine !!!!

i would rather donate monies for radar guns, three things would be accomplished; 
1)seeing our local law enforcement out using their new toys.
2)the police will be out doing their jobs and MONIES will be collected from the offenders!
3) no teeth / suspension jarring topes!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited on Sat Aug 19th, 2017 05:43 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Frankie, talk to the Comisario about his police. You'll find the discussion enlightening, at the very least!

As for me and my pesos, I'll go for the topes because they are effective and WORK 24/7/365, NEVER sleep and NEVER, EVER ask for mordida!

Last edited on Sat Aug 19th, 2017 05:55 pm by

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 05:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: Frankie, the engineering ain't none of our business.richard, this is your typical response! you are probably correct regarding the engineering being none of our business! what is our business and concern is the money coming out of our pockets!!!
your caviler cart before the horse approach shows no prudence! i have seen no postings from the comisario requesting funding for these topes, my only source for this information is you!
i do not appreciate your references;
responsible residents
armchair engineers
stop being the forum bully and no it all, you are an intelligent guy whose worst enemy is you!

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, I just went and looked in the mirror, and what I saw? that's right, "a know it all", you should try it, then there would be three of us..lol..jajajajajajaja!!!!!!
Anyone else, want to look?

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: Frankie, talk to the Comisario about his police. You'll find the discussion enlightening, at the very least!

richard, you know very well the comisario is a personal friend of mine!
our comisario is their " the police" boss!! i have seen our comisario in action!! 
cut the us and them crap, our comisario can "get r done"!!!

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Por favor Frankie, cálmate! I'm sorry if you or anyone feels bullied by me. It's certainly NOT my intent. I am contributing to this project simply because I see it as the best solution, in the current political environment, to a problem that is causing personal and property injury.

Last edited on Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:31 pm by

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
john, you are probably correct, but i have seen the 2 us admit when we are wrong and we are both open minded to other options!

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
know it all vs. foresight and hindsight.
i have foresight, there is more to a tope then the idea!! foresight is the ability to obtain estimated costs, locations,ect.
hindsight; is oops i should have thought of that!
so the idea is contemplated for topes, but are the warning signs for these topes contemplated?  if they haven't asked about the warning signs, what is the liability if there are none?
oops, i should have thought about that! "hindsight"
for me there is a difference from being a know it and foresight!

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Frankie, this is a municipality approved project. Yes, the signs and painted stripes are in the approved plan. I suggest you go a speak with Ruben, the Comisario to put your mind at ease with all of your concerns, and he will listen to your suggestions. He too, is open minded.

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
richard, since you know of these approved plans and it is you who is requesting our private funds! my simple and basic question is how much???????

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
No Frankie, it is not me requesting resident contributions to this project. It is our illustrious Comisario that is requesting resident contributions because though he has Municipal approval, he does not have funding. He, therefore, has asked SC Residents to fund the approved project. I think it's a worthwhile initiative on his part and so, I support it. As for "how much to contribute?" I think it's up to each and what he/she is/are able to contribute.

Last edited on Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:38 pm by

Posted: Sat Aug 19th, 2017 06:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: No Frankie, it is not me requesting resident contributions to this project. It is our illustrious Comisario that is requesting resident contributions because though he has Municipal approval, he does not have funding. He, therefore, has asked SC Residents to fund the approved project.richard, excuse me, but it is you!
ok, busted!! here you write a sarcastic and demeaning reference "it is our "illustrious comisario"

ruben has posted on this forum! ruben also has a good command of the english language and is quite capable of making his formal request!  

Current time is 12:54 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Topes Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems