San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Todos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete!

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Todos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri May 26th, 2017 05:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
GracielaC

Mana: 
Buenos dias Senores, el movimiento ha empezado, tal vez ustedes pueden ayudar nos conseguir firmas para esa documento de gente que viven en su colonia?
Abajo es un link al senor Juan Carlos quien explica todo el tiempo, mas que dos anos, que hemos gastado para llegar aqui.
Gracias por cual quier ayuda en este asunto.
Muchos saludosTodos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLBzttzJo7c
---------------------
Good morning, gentlemen, the movement has started, maybe you can help us get signatures for that document from people living in your colony?
Below is a link to Mr. Juan Carlos who explains all the time, more than two years, we have spent to get here.
Thank you for any help in this matter.
Many greetingsTodos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLBzttzJo7c

Attachment: SanCarlos-firms.pdf (Downloaded 69 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri May 26th, 2017 08:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Interesting. Basically the initial steps to pursue designating San Carlos as the 73rd independent municipality of Sonora. It's a public notice that the citizens in support of this movement wish to secede from the municipality of Guaymas.

Posted: Fri May 26th, 2017 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Yes San Carlos full fills all the requirements needed to be in''s own municipio. The local residents, Mexicans that is, need to exercise their constitutional rights under article 39. It's the only way forward. Juan Carlos explains quite well in the video what he has done over the last two years and how he has legally documented how city officials have violated the rights of San Carlos residents.

Juan Carlos also explains nicely why the last comisario quit and how the current Comisario of San Carlos is illegal.

Posted: Fri May 26th, 2017 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
GracielaC

Mana: 
And here's a good reason to consider this:
http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/guaymas-money-woes-put-local-services-at-risk/

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 05:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
maryt

Mana: 
What I don´t understand is how non-Mexican citizens would have any more legal status than they do now should SC be a separate city.

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 01:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
San Carlos becoming a Municipality would have not enhance. nor detract from our status. The goal is to retain taxes raised here in San Carlos, and have final say over how they are used. Perhaps a secondary goal is to make Vince's wife the Comisaria.....???? who knows.....ain't gonna happen

Last edited on Sat May 27th, 2017 01:26 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
why is the comisario ilegal ?

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
what is the comisarios job

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 05:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Visitor San Carlos. Watch the video, it explains very clearly why the comisario is not legal. The presentation was excellent. Juan Carlos seems to be very well informed, and has done his research. His explanations were very well presented. The problems that San Carlos is dealing with , are quite serious. It has hampered development, and it has driven many to other parts of Mexico. It is time for Guaymas to address the lack of public service, and give back the money to San Carlos for the services and projects that are so lacking in everyday life.

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Yes it would be to San Carlos' advantage to be its own municipio in control of its own property tax revenue. BUT, we foreigners cannot sign a petition to that effect because that would constitute participation by a foreigner in a Mexican political process.

It's one thing to petition for better services i.e. water, sewer, electric and phone/internet vs. petitioning to secede from the Municipio de Guaymas.

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 09:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
As for the current Comisario being "illegal", that's just simply not so. The reason is that even though there is a protocol for bringing names up for the Mayor's consideration, it is still the Mayor's prerogative. He can name anyone he wants to be his Comisario in each of the various communities in the municipio (like a county in the U.S.). The City Council can though, by a simple majority, override the Mayor's appointment but this is seldom done. So if the City Council doesn't like the fact that Ruben Pinto owns a restaurant in San Carlos, they can vote him out. Until then, he is our LEGALLY appointed Comisario.  

Posted: Sat May 27th, 2017 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
susanr

Mana: 
Bravo! I will help you get those signatures from my friends who are Mexican and can legally sign.

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 12:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
it looks like rubin is getting some action on the water and sewer problem. i don't see a problem with that. it looks like the water and sewer mess has been going on for a while. is he just pulling wool ?

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 01:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Visitor, Ruben Pinto, Comisario de San Carlos, delivered the petition and photos of the sewer problem to the Governor. Two days later there was action on some of the sewer problems but it is still up to us, the affected residents to keep up the pressure. I've posted the Governor's email address earlier. Keep pounding away San Carlos!

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I would assume that the people of Guaymas would vote against this if we are actually helping to provide more money to their infrastructure. I would also assume that 90K full Mexican residents in Guaymas will probably cast more no votes than the 4k part time Mexican residents here, or am I missing something?

Last edited on Sun May 28th, 2017 05:12 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
City of San Carlos

It would be a great Coup. All in San Carlos would benefit. The faint of heart can not believe it can happen.

PS. Every great event that I made happen in my life started with "NO or It Can't Be Done".    Go Figure.

We got the Movers and the Shakers and then we have the Nay Sayers.

Question; which one of those two groups would you want to run your your Company or your future?

Last edited on Sun May 28th, 2017 08:45 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 09:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Bullshipper raises an interesting issue: can part-time Mexican owners vote in a Guaymas election or only in their regular residence city.

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
contacto@sonora.gob.mx

Above is the email address for the Governor in Hermosillo. Let's all make noise! Be sure to put "Attention: Governor Pavlovich Re: CEA in San Carlos, Sonora". It doesn't matter that the email is in English. If enough people write to her, it will get her attention.

Last edited on Sun May 28th, 2017 10:41 pm by

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Bullshipper & MaryT, This would be a local referendum and the qualifications of an eligible voter are:

1. Credencial de votante, voter registration card;
2. Property in San Carlos recorded in his/her name;
3. Utility bills in his/her name, (prior six months).

The legal boundaries of San Carlos are those of the three ranches that make up San Carlos: Rancho El Baviso (the biggest one with all of the Ranchitos and Creston); Rancho Bahia San Carlos (the smallest) and Rancho Algodones (West side). I don't know if Pilar, Delphin, Arecifes or any of the Ejido Buenos Aires could join in the referendum but I suspect not because they are outside of the "Nuevo Guaymas" designation, (still within the 85506 zip code though, hmmmm...?).

Last edited on Sun May 28th, 2017 11:05 pm by

Posted: Sun May 28th, 2017 11:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: Bullshipper & MaryT, This would be a local referendum and the qualifications of an eligible voter are:

1. Credencial de votante, voter registration card;
2. Property in San Carlos recorded in his/her name;
3. Utility bills in his/her name, (prior six months).

The legal boundaries of San Carlos are those of the three ranches that make up San Carlos: Rancho El Baviso (the biggest one with all of the Ranchitos and Creston); Rancho Bahia San Carlos (the smallest) and Rancho Algodones (West side). I don't know if Pilar, Delphin, Arecifes or any of the Ejido Buenos Aires could join in the referendum but I suspect not because they are outside of the "Nuevo Guaymas" designation, (still within the 85506 zip code though, hmmmm...?).

To be clear, I am for this, I just think its an uphill fight that's impossible to pull off if the voters in Guaymas have a vote. I have been asked on the street for money repeatedly after asking for directions, so I believe the residents also feel we are their cash cow. Their situation is really desperate.

Current time is 06:51 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Todos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems