San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Todos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete!

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Todos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 31st, 2017 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
Richard Baca wrote: Visitor, I don't know if the above quoted number is correct or not, but whatever the number is, it ain't gettin spent here! And therein lies the issue at hand!

i think that is my point.  is there an accurate accounting.  how would we know.  
it is easy to toss out our wild accusations and numbers.  true or not there should be some way to know where these numbers come from.  

Last edited on Wed May 31st, 2017 04:14 pm by

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed May 31st, 2017 06:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 

This is a map of all Municipios in the state of Sonora. Some are large like Hermosillo, Guaymas, Pitiquito and Caborca. Others are quite small like Aconchi, Atil, San Filipe de Jesus, Huepac and Divisaderos. 

I found it useful for knowing what ended where here in lower Sonora around Alamos. There are approx 90 distinct communities with populations above 50 persons in the municipio of Alamos (there are 317 registered communities, but only approx 90 with populations above 50, 21 of which are comisarias).

I would imagine the number is similar for Guaymas (again talking about areas with populations above 50, so that number won't be anywhere near the 1500 communities various websites report for Guaymas).  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a listing of communities for Guaymas. 

What can I say.. I like Geography.

Last edited on Wed May 31st, 2017 08:11 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Wed May 31st, 2017 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Vince, did you choreograph, video record and edit the Juan Carlos video? And we all know about the Gonzales Group, so once again I say, "consider the source..."

Through the smoke and haze though, methinks fundamentally that making San Carlos its own municipio is a good idea. It just has to be via a responsible Mexican registered voter initiative.

Posted: Thu Jun 1st, 2017 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
VisitorSanCarlos wrote: Richard Baca wrote: Visitor, I don't know if the above quoted number is correct or not, but whatever the number is, it ain't gettin spent here! And therein lies the issue at hand!

i think that is my point.  is there an accurate accounting.  how would we know.  
it is easy to toss out our wild accusations and numbers.  true or not there should be some way to know where these numbers come from.  

Guaymas has a long standing reputation for corruption so "getting to the bottom" of their accounting is a rather novel goals since the state controller has had no success with the same task for decades.
This town is large enough to support a municipal government, so the task at hand is to motivate enough local mexicans and out of towners to come to vote on it to get enough votes for quorum.

Posted: Thu Jun 1st, 2017 06:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
To be clear, on any referendum to force the issue of San Carlos as its own municipio, NO, GUAYMAS RESIDENTS WOULD NOT HAVE A VOTE! It would be a local (to San Carlos) issue. That the city government of Guaymas would oppose it, I have no doubt. As for the citizens of Guaymas, I don't think most would care because most are not aware of San Carlos' contribution to municipal revenue.

Posted: Thu Jun 1st, 2017 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
you can get signatures of hundreds of "fulanos and fulanas", but until you have the support of the resident nationals of prominence and stature, nothing is going to happen!
this is a "good ole boy state, and municipality"!!!!!!!!
it has always been and always will be!

Posted: Thu Jun 1st, 2017 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Oye Frankie, son los fulanos y fulanas de Guaymas Norte that are getting our water precisely because they vote! And they voted for the city government we have now! You don't think the city government doesn't want to keep them happy? If your "movers & shakers" here are so powerful, why don't they order more wells drilled in the Valle de San Jose to service Guaymas Norte and give us back our water? Certainly it would be to their advantage as developers and business owners, don't ya'll think? I don't think they are as all powerful as you imply. A grassroots movement could gain traction, but getting responsible leadership is the key.

Last edited on Thu Jun 1st, 2017 08:55 pm by

Posted: Thu Jun 1st, 2017 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
all the prominent, influential, "movers and shakers" that can vote in this region have their roots in guaymas!
compadres, comadres, tios, tias, primos and primas!

Last edited on Thu Jun 1st, 2017 09:13 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 12:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I agree and disagree with Frankie. It would be helpful and faster to have some rich people on the side of San Carlos being it's own municipio. But it not necessary according to the Mexican Constitution. In no place in Article 39 of the Mexican Constitution does it say that a pueblo needs rich people to be in favor of a governance change. Sooner or later if this went to lets say the supreme court of Mexico. No judge in his or her right mind could possible rule against the what the constitution says.

Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 02:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
The liberal judges on our courts do it quite often.

Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 03:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
If judges were to rule against the constitution a few hundred Mexicans in the streets would pretty much put an end to Guaymas' reign over San Carlos. The government is that weak here. The apathy by local residents though is very strong as well. Two wrongs that may inevitably never make a right.

Last edited on Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 03:37 pm by Vince Radice

Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Vince Radice The apathy by local residents though is very strong as well.

this is the biggest problem! why i have stated that only the influence of the voting residents of prominence and stature will make a difference!

Last edited on Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 03:12 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
No one has tried "full time" in earnest to organize the local mexicans here. The activists that have asked me to help them with their media do this part time. It really is a full time job, not a part time job.

We need some full time Mexicans with a vision to get on board with this. It really ain't so much about the money as it is about the community organizing end of it.

Any time I speak with a local in his own language and explain to him the simple math they are ready to sign up or at least sign a petition.

Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 03:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Vince Radice wrote: I agree and disagree with Frankie. It would be helpful and faster to have some rich people on the side of San Carlos being it's own municipio. 
there are voting residents of san carlos who are of prominence and stature who i wouldn't consider "rich", they own hardware stores, restaurants, hotels, stores, ect: middle class hard working individuals! that is the leadership needed!
they can influence and inspire the real "movers and shakers" who have political and the financial means to get the job done!

Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2017 04:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Ahh Frankie, you finally nailed it! Now what we need is for one of those "prominents" to come forward and lead. I'd say someone that can put a sign-up desk in their "changarro" for San Carlos' registered voters to make their collective voice heard.

Posted: Thu Jun 8th, 2017 06:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
http://www.elportaldelanoticia.mx/index.php/noticias/14-local/1935-residentes-de-san-carlos-buscaran-ser-el-municipio-73-de-sonora

Posted: Thu Jun 8th, 2017 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
And so-----here we go, the wheels of progress let's hope.

Posted: Sun Jul 2nd, 2017 09:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
amigo2

Mana: 
This situation has been a tremendous swindle to the tax paying residents of San Carlos for as long as I've been here...and, it only appears to be getting worse.
For this reason, I would be very happy to sign this petition...Please let me know where and when.
Interestingly, I note too that this appears to be the ONLY subject the local "Hatfields and McCoys" ( so to speak ) have ever basically agreed upon.
Steve Habkirk

Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2017 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Are you able to vote in the Mexican elections Steve?

Posted: Wed Jul 5th, 2017 04:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
What (how many) and where is the circulation of El Portal de la Noticia? I don't think it's hardly enough to start a groundswell in San Carlos.

Last edited on Wed Jul 5th, 2017 04:48 am by

Current time is 08:16 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Todos por un San Carlos Próspero, Unete! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems