San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ATTENTION ALL SC RESIDENTS!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 21st, 2017 05:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
To any and all interested in some action on San Carlos issues, there will be a town hall type of meeting with the Comisario and a CEA official at 11:00 AM on Tuesday April 25th at the street level meeting room at Charley's Rock. It's time to quit the banter here and show up at the meeting on Tuesday! Bring photos of specific problems, such as busted water meters, sewer leaks and whatever else the Comisario can address with CEA and the Mayor. He wants to see BACKING from residents! He'll do what he can, but he needs our support, so please attend the meeting!

Last edited on Fri Apr 21st, 2017 05:36 pm by Richard Baca

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 02:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
The TOWN MEETING set for next Tuesday morning at 11:00 AM at Charley's Rock is getting more interesting; Comisario Ruben Pinto has also invited a representative from CFE (Electric Commission) and the Department of Tourism! So please bring pictures and a written description of specific issues at specific San Carlos addresses and locations (if no address is applicable). Remember, we all pay property taxes! And we'd like to see at least 50% of that revenue applied HERE! 
I don't know if it's true or not, but it has been said that in SC 90% of the property owners, both trust and fee simple, pay their assessed property taxes, whereas in Guaymas 90% of the property owners DO NOT pay their property taxes! If so, then San Carlos is "the little engine pulling the big long train"!! Is that fair?

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Someone please ask CEA why they never reveal the results of the CONAGUA well tests in December. Surely they must know. Is the level going down? Is the salinity increasing?

So, who is chairing the discussion? Surely someone must lead it or it will become an unorganized free-for-all. How is translation going to be handled?

I think it disappointing that CFE will be there. It will just take time away from getting answers from CEA. Besides,  does anyone really have any problem with the way DFE maintains their system?

Last edited on Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:25 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Chairing the meeting will be our new Comisario, Ruben Pinto. The fact that CFE and Tourism officials will be there is IMO a good thing because they need to hear that SC residents care about utilities and the Dept. of Tourism needs to hear about the various issues so that they can bring pressure to bear. As for translation, Ruben Pinto speaks good English and also I may be called on for other translation.

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 01:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
CFE being at the meeting? we pay our electric bills every 2 months and guaymas pays monthly! no real problem this time of year, but wait an other month when we have to start using our AC's! we would pay a lot less if we where charged monthly. paying every 2 months pushes most of us into the higher tier pricing! the way CFE's pricing tiers are structured, guarantee that! 

Last edited on Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:30 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Good point Frankie! Please bring it up at the meeting.

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Richard, hopefully you can bring forward your views that water from wells designated for San Carlos are going to agriculture and/or Guaymas Norte.

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Off the subject, a tad. What is the process that a new home builder and his contractor goes through to tap into the City grid in SC?

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
john, if there is a water line on your road , go ask CEA to hook you up! if there is no line you will have to plumb it to the closest line,at you expense!!

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, my question was to ascertain if there was a standard, and if that standard was ALWAYS followed. I have no pending situations that would require that process. Further more, I was wondering if contractors would circumvent the standard, do it there way, that may result in some of the problems we face today......sewage disposal and the lack of a consistent water supply.

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 04:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
CEA only originally supplied the main line! everything from that main line was placed by outside CEA control. so tapping to existing lines may not have been placed by CEA. the standard? is there one? all my hookups used copper had filters and antisipon devices! i am extremely disappointed of what they have replaced my quality plumbing to place the new meters!!

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Hook, I think that even more than the CEA problems, the burning issue in and for San Carlos is the fact that our property taxes feed Guaymas with little benefit for SC. I have been told by a knowledgeable source in the Municipal government that 90% of SC residents pay their assessed property taxes while 90% of Guaymas property owners do not. Just look at Guaymas Norte; there are thousands of INFONAVIT financed houses there that each owe property taxes. Do you think they pay it? Yet our water is being diverted for their use. San Carlos is being taken advantage of and I don't think it's fair! Yes, I have brought it up, and I will again.

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 05:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
does anyone have locations and pictures of the wells that are designated for san carlos? 
what is the evidence that the water is being diverted for agriculture and or guaymas norte? the infrastructure to do so would be evident and costly!!!! 

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 08:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
no problems with water at solimar again this semana santa

Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 11:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Frankie, there are three wells that feed water to San Carlos. The water main comes from North along the highway on the West side then West into SC along the North side of the SC access. It's not visible but it's there and the evidence is that you have water (sometimes). The evidence of the water being used elsewhere is the fact that our water is now rationed to the various neighborhoods whereas is used to be steady. You want to know where it's going? I suggest you ask CEA at the Town Meeting on Tuesday. As for pictures of the wellheads with their pumps, the two Guaymas newspapers have shown them from time to time. That's La Voz del Puerto and El Vigia.

When Guaymas Norte was planned, it was initially much smaller than what it has evolved into. The initial Guaymas water main was just for the first few hundred or so houses. As it grew (through INFONAVIT subsidies) water shortages reared their ugly head and the "derechohabientes", (new subsidized homeowners) complained loudly and, of course, threatened "to vote the bums out" and therin lies the political key to all of this: Those people VOTE and so, (1) must be kept happy so that (2) they vote PRI. So as Guaymas Norte grew, and water was needed, there came to pass a switch from the old COAPAES to the new (to us) CEA. A water main was put in from the highway junction to Guaymas Norte and a diversionary valve put in to divert a good part of water from "our" wells to Guaymas Norte. I have not verified this, but I consider my source to be extremely reliable, and it makes sense. The SC wells were engineered to supply a community of approximately 30,000, and between Guaymas Norte and SC, the system must now be right at or close to its designed capacity; ergo, our water shortages. IMO a solution to all of this is for CEA to drill a couple more wells into the Santa Clara aquifer to supply Guaymas Norte.

Last edited on Mon Apr 24th, 2017 04:37 am by Richard Baca

Posted: Mon Apr 24th, 2017 04:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Richard, we're going on 4 days with no water coming in. It's almost the norm, we sometimes get water a few hours at night, sometimes not. My point is actually to say that Ranchitos does have several leaks between the little kids school to the North in only that one long block. I think you have some very good information on water diversion as 4 or 5 years ago when they started building all the casitas on the corner going from Santa Clara to San Jose de Guaymas, then all the casitas in Guaymas Norte. There are a fantastic bunch of tinacos to fill daily maybe before we get water. During that period up to today, the water from the street has become less and less. Yes, we plan to be there. Ron

Posted: Mon Apr 24th, 2017 05:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the water situation is complicated! it is my understanding that the original subdivisions of guaymas norte's, water supply comes from from the same aqueduct from the obregon area that supplies guaymas! the newer subdivisions are using the san jose wells and water reservoirs from yaqui land! you may all remember the road blocks a few years back on yaqui land going to obregon! apparently what we are seeing now is the result of the negotiations!

Last edited on Mon Apr 24th, 2017 05:25 am by frankiej

Posted: Mon Apr 24th, 2017 05:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
jublee

Mana: 
I certainly hope someone brings up the situation with the arroyo between Tecalai & Totonoka as it is in dire need of cleaning out...there is great concern that if there would be another hurricane and flooding, the bridge would surely be lost again as there is no place for the water to drain because of the sand buildup & debris in the arroyo. Several of us have been desperately trying to get something done but have hit dead ends & now we are gone until next season. A representative from Tecalai did tell Rubin Pinto about this situation so would appreciate it being brought up at the meeting to see if cleaning of the arroyo is planned. I do believe there is also a raw sewage issue there, as well. 

Posted: Mon Apr 24th, 2017 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Just remember as you complain that most Guaymas residents receive water no more than two times a week.

Thank you to the people who arranged for this meeting.

Posted: Mon Apr 24th, 2017 03:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Jublee, that issue and others around SC require that the Comisario have a funded budget from Guaymas. Without that, there's not much he can do; so this illustrates how important it is that at least 50% of our property taxes be returned to SC in the form of a budget for the Comisario to look after SC issues.

Current time is 11:57 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > ATTENTION ALL SC RESIDENTS! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems