San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ATTENTION ALL SC RESIDENTS!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 01:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Hook

Mana: 
Well, the lack of prominent families and Mexican nationals probably indicates their suspicion that officials talk the talk but rarely walk the walk in Mexico. So, why waste the time? Not saying that the meeting was a waste of time; just speculating on why they were a no-show.

Really, it is rather surprising that there was no representative from the Llanos. I suspect there was; maybe just not a Llano family member.

Or maybe they get their water needs taken care of and have no reason to attend a meeting like this. That's the way it is in Mexico; the wealthy are taken care of and the rest are on their own. Really, I almost never hear water complaints from persons living in the Vista Marina area. They keep those valves turned on all the time.

BTW, there is a pretty good summary of the meeting, complete with video link, in this week's WUSC newsletter.

Final thought: gee, I wonder where all that copper piping went????

Last edited on Wed Apr 26th, 2017 01:31 pm by Hook

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 01:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
How long will the petition penned by Ruben be available to sign, before it is sent off? Hook, they took my copper piping, and left the bronze meter.

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 02:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i personally know many influential voting nationals here in san carlos, to my knowledge they had know idea this meeting was being held!
the word of the meeting was mostly transmitted through the 2 english audiences forums here in town! 
the cynicism held by many posting here is also held by ruben and efrin! that's why i write "their hands are tied" !!

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I am sorry but what I witnessed was an incredible display of ignorance and absurdity. Smoke and Mirros and plenty of it. The new Comisario just tried to get the rich gringos in town to buy into the idea that they should do the job of the water company and fix the leaks and sewage.

Just like beach clean ups!! Lets get the locals to do the job of the city so we don't have to.

Yep that's right and then maybe Ruben will be able to use his Trump like deal making and negotiating skills to be able to get a deal with Lorenzo the mayor to get reimbursed. You can't make this stuff up.

Perhaps residents of San Carlos should not forget that the current government in Guaymas will be gone in a year and a half. So guess what, new comisario and new water people!! Good luck holding them accountable!! Not to mention that the current mayor and his illustrious secretary, Jaramillo, that showed up to the meeting at the end are perhaps even more corrupt and certainly more inept that the last administration.

Efraim's refusal to speak English to the crowd speaks volumes of his attitude towards American residents. Ruben's refusal to invite Mexicans to this meeting speaks volumes to what his main objective was.

For those who did not go I will post the videos I shot and the article I am writing shortly but there was a guy who video taped the whole meeting. I sure hope that gets posted on YouTube or some other site.

What I witnessed was good old fashioned Guaymas politics!!

Lets try to get the gringos to pay the bill for the corruption and incompetence of local governance. Anybody remember the road paving incident sponsored by the other forum? How did that work out for the people?

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
some of you can keep your fingers crossed to wait for CEA to fix your leaky meter plumbing! i have already changed the meter plumbing fittings at my house and office, with copper!! i would have used galvanized pipe, but that is not readily available here!
if you want it done correct do it yourself!

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
I noticed that Soto spoke only Spanish suggesting he didn't speak English but I also noticed when Vince and others made statements in English Soto shook his head no, no. 
A rouse all the way around.
Folks, we (Gringos) are such a small part of Mexico we will never change anything. 
The millions of Mexican citizen that have lived in this country their entire  lives will need to demand change but unless they organize, meet, protest and vote differently  things will continue as is.  Same as in the US,  protesting doesn't accomplish too much but might make you feel better.
"Me thinks you protest too much", we should get it we have NO POWER HERE.

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Read the summary on WhatsUp... hmmm, a national program... no one here in Alamos is swapping out our meters, nor swiping our copper pipes.

Efraim Soto, he was the Comisario in charge of receiving all of the Expatriate contributions to build "The Road" a few years back. Now he runs CEA in Guaymas?

Started to watch the video of the meeting, but checked out after about 7 minutes. 

Last edited on Wed Apr 26th, 2017 04:21 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i was in aguas calientes last week! this is how they correctly install water meters! using galvanized water pipe!

Attachment: pipefittings2.jpg (Downloaded 202 times)

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 04:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Frankiej, do you have any photos of how they are doing them in San Carlos? (Our installations in Alamos, well my place anyway, look like the one you are showing from Aguas Calientes).

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Not being a real handyman, what makes copper so desirable? How does the copper-to-PVC/ABS connection go? I have PVC coming in from the street.

Hey, if commodities come roaring back, that copper piping will be a magnet for thieves the way all the copper wiring was when copper was much higher.

Maybe it's true that these meters weren't mandated by the Feds, as was stated at the meeting. In any event, meters SHOULD be installed at all locations. It discourages waste.........and I am a Ranchitos resident who still hasn't had CEA install a meter. But I'm drip all the way, no lawn, no pool, low water trees, one bedrooom, one bath and one trailer.

Now, theoretically, if all paying customers had meters workings and CEA measured the amount of water coming IN to San Carlos, one could easily figure how much water is lost to  leakage. Water coming in - water passing through all the meters = water wasted.

I dont suppose CEA would want that figure to be publicized. :shock:

So, these new meters they are installing, are they "smart" meters than can be read with electronics or are they analog meters that must be read by "hand"? If the latter, I just don't see CEA coming around and reading them. 

Last edited on Wed Apr 26th, 2017 05:40 pm by Hook

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 07:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
The red plastic is very cheap. The zip tie repair was by a plaumber I hired. The original install was copper pipe cut out, and plastic stuck in the hole. No glue, no fastener. When water was turned on it became a fountain that flooded my street until the Plumbet arrived.

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 11:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Ah yes, well I urge everyone to go and sign our Comisario's petition both foreigners and Mexicans. It's a good pro-active step. The Vince creature was his usual negative self above; IMO, just consider the source, and Hook, I don't know Efrain Soto other than by name and the occasional sighting. I think that the almost two hour meeting went well and it, along with the petition are good positive steps in the right direction. BTW, ALL SC Residents were invited. It was posted all over town and yes several Mexicans attended and spoke. Carmelita Ordaz was particularly vocal and articulate.

Last edited on Thu Apr 27th, 2017 12:16 am by

Posted: Thu Apr 27th, 2017 12:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Caroline is right on the money. The man who was illegitimately chosen as comisario and the CEA absolutely tried to take the gringo's here for a ride.

Just imagine the kick backs paid to the local government by the private company that was given the contract to change all these meters. Does everyone understand that this is a complete and total scam. Politics as usual in Guaymas. Skim as much off the top as possible and then when you are out of office take a nice long vacation!

This letter Ruben is gonna supposedly write and have Americans sign and then send to the governor is a joke. Americans can't vote and the few registered voters that exist in San Carlos don't mean a hill of beans to the mayor of Guaymas or the Governor of Sonora.

There are two ways out, an Amparo is one way and the other is that San Carlos forms it's own Municipio. Problem is San Carlos residents are not willing to put in the effort to do it.

Why do you think Mexicans were not invited to this meeting? Can you imagine if Ruben got up in front of a bunch of Mexicans and tried to sell them on the idea that they the local residents should do the job of CEA and then CEA will pay them back.

He would have been lynched on the spot!

Is it clear to everyone now why they would not allow Maria Ines Orozco or any other person chosen by the people to be comisario?

Last edited on Thu Apr 27th, 2017 12:10 am by Vince Radice

Posted: Thu Apr 27th, 2017 03:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Panhead

Mana: 
Vince, I just took a view of your website and saw that Dec. 22 was your last comment,,,, WTF? If you're gonna be a mover and a shaker, you might want to participate at a higher level! Get Real.

Posted: Thu Apr 27th, 2017 05:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
i appreciate the information. i am something of a trusting soul but i see a lot of mistrust here. seem to be an old fashioned idea but don't you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?

Posted: Thu Apr 27th, 2017 05:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
is this picture of a recent installation under the new rules or possibly one that hasnt been replaced yet.

Posted: Thu Apr 27th, 2017 01:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Pan Head you clearly have no idea what I have been doing since December and no idea what I have done over the last three years here in regards to the water issue and the conservation issues here.  So let me give some info.

First off my life is mine and I can tell you that my life is as real as it gets here. The fact that I have not been posting lately some how equates for you that I need to get real?
To fill you in I will briefly tell you that at the end of May myself and local activists will not be writing a letter to the Governor. We will be delivering to her and the state legislature a folder about two inches thick of every fraud perpetuated by the water company CEA from the last three years. 
The documents have been legally drafted and signed and dated by the Municipio. Within this folder of documents there will also be a copy of a denuncia regarding the current Mayor. There will also be copies of documents regarding  information about the Estero el Soldado. By the way we helped lobby the government, successfully I might add, to create an Estero El Soldado Day which will be celebrated every 18 of May. There were be an event at the Cautemoc Elementary school this 18th of May. As a matter of fact it was our denuncia that helped prevent the construction of the convention center next to the estuary and we also participated in having the zip lines removed.

In the folder that is going to the State Legislature and Governor at the end of May there will also be another document. That document outlines a the legal framework on why San Carlos should be it's own municipio. 
It is absolutely true I have not been blogging much lately but that doesn't mean I have been sitting on my butt doing nothing. 
By the way we are working on starting this program for the Northern Sea of Cortes , http://worldsaquarium.com/blog/sea-lion-disentanglement-the-definition-of-a-good-day/ and this program for the Bahia San Franciscito, http://worldsaquarium.com/blog/our-proposal-for-a-marine-protected-area-in-san-carlos/ 

Is that real enough for ya?
Saludos
:)

Last edited on Thu Apr 27th, 2017 01:36 pm by Vince Radice

Posted: Fri Apr 28th, 2017 04:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
was that folder presented at the meeting.  what did they think when faced with evidence  of every fraud perpetuated by the water company CEA from the last three years. 

Posted: Fri Apr 28th, 2017 06:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
What folder are you referring to Visitor? And I think you meant "perpetrated", but be that as it may, "every fraud by the water company"? I think "scandal" would be a better word because accusation of "fraud" carries legal connotations. If you are only a visitor, what do you know that we the residents don't know?

Posted: Fri Apr 28th, 2017 01:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Richard,  Vince wrote: "The documents have been legally drafted and signed and dated by the Municipio. Within this folder of documents there will also be a copy of a denuncia regarding the current Mayor. There will also be copies of documents regarding  information about the Estero el Soldado. By the way we helped lobby the government, successfully I might add, to create an Estero El Soldado Day which will be celebrated every 18 of May. There were be an event at the Cautemoc Elementary school this 18th of May. As a matter of fact it was our denuncia that helped prevent the construction of the convention center next to the estuary and we also participated in having the zip lines removed".

Current time is 10:03 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > ATTENTION ALL SC RESIDENTS! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems