San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Semana Santa  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 12th, 2017 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
The annual influx has begun.  Some people like it, some don't.  It is what it is.  Water is usually diverted to hotels, expect shortages.  Internet is overloaded, expect slow downloads.   If you live within a few blocks of Beltrones, people are going to use your street as a toilet.  I am wishing for a Semana Santa where noone gets hurt, things get cleaned up in short order and looking forward to things getting back to normal next week.  Happy Easter everyone. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Apr 13th, 2017 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
maryt

Mana: 
My sentiments exactly Rich except that we skipped town and are enjoying the sites of Mexico City which is relatively calm and with less traffic during Semana Santa.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
one semana santa we went to Hermosillo. visited friends, shopped, ate, enjoyed a few sites. you could be anywhere in the city in about 15 minutes. no traffic whatsoever.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
maryt

Mana: 
We should make this thread good places to visit during Semana Santa. Mexico City is definitely one of them. We will be trying Querétaro on Saturday.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
so far, traffic and crowds are much less than expected

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 05:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
And kudos to all who cleaned up after the first day. The best I've ever seen.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 08:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Righton

Mana: 
Regarding traffic I witnessed a terrible accident on 4-12-17 at the old gas station on the north side of Beltrones. An elderly lady from Colorado puller out and was trying to get on the road to go east on Beltrones. A large black pickup with Mexican plates was coming at least 45 mph or more and even didn't hit his brakes and t-bones her. She then drifted over the drop of and continued on the road next to Luis Taco place. Went probably and 30 feet on that road before stopping. We rushed over and both air bags had popped out. She was barely conscious. We called rescate and they were there in 3 or 4 minutes and did an excellent job of helping her. Thank God for rescate. The driver of the truck and wife and kids were not seriously hurt. I assume since he didn't hit his brakes he was on his phone. What we need are topes in certain areas to slow down the speeders. I don't like them, but since the put them in by Delfins no accident or people hurt. Our cominsiro needs to meet with the mayor of Guaymas and try to get something done to slow cars down.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
there probably isn't a camp space or beach town anywhere in the USA, Canada or any where in the americas that is vacant this week!it is easter week! "spring break"!!

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Actually Memorial Day is the big start of camping in the US. Many places are still too cold. That is why so many come down to Mexico.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 08:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
We have not missed a San Carlos Semana Santa since we first came here. It's a fun time for everyone to witness and a fun time to participate. If you've never been on Beltrones Friday or Saturday night on your quad watching everybody laugh and smile, drink beer and laugh and smile, then want their picture taken.? The kind of rough crowd this senior can handle. Memorable and enjoyable. Although you are able to walk faster than you can motor, LOL. Ynot

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
My last Semana Santa it took me 4 1/2 hours to drive from the Marina San Carlos to the North turn off by Santa Rosa and on to my place.

Semana Santa is pretty tame now a days compared to several years ago and beyond. On Monday large company trucks would hit the beaches with prefabbed structures, and assemble them. Then Tuesday and Wednesday  the employees of that company would start arriving and set-up camp around the structure.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 09:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
we have a nice group in Alamos this year. lots of families.

Las Bocas (playas south of Navojoa) was already packed well ahead of time on Sunday.

Posted: Fri Apr 14th, 2017 11:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
wy ynot, that was a good post! some of us have not forgot what is was like being young! 
it is fun to drive down the blvd. to see all people having fun!

Last edited on Fri Apr 14th, 2017 11:57 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Apr 15th, 2017 06:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Limey

Mana: 
https://youtu.be/M9g1tPFwndo I have to agree with a couple of posts...I for one remember hearing songs like this one....got me thinking.What a great place for all the reasons stated in the song....and now we have Mark Mulligan to keep out spirits alive. YES, go out and see/enjoy the party,but go early and leave early...

Posted: Sat Apr 15th, 2017 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
RichD

Mana: 
This is the first year I have not walked Beltrones at night. I don't mind the kids having fun, it is just not fun for me. One more night to go and I hope there are no injuries. Police seem to be doing a good job of keeping things calm but maybe there are incidents I am not aware of.

Posted: Sat Apr 15th, 2017 10:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
I enjoyed just walking in the evening , being close to the action for a bit . They are a lots of police around to keep everyone safe . :):):)

Posted: Sat Apr 15th, 2017 10:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I think the young people here in San Carlos during Semana Santa are more affluent.  The real party moved to Cochorit several years ago when they stopped allowing bands here.  Cochorit is the beach south of Empalme.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 178 times)

Posted: Sat Apr 15th, 2017 10:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
aligato

Mana: 
Our dog jumped the fence and went on a walk about...as we drove around the country club asking in broken Spanish if anyone had seen her, almost 100% of the young people replied in perfect English, No, we have not seen a white dog....luckily she was found safe thanks to the fact she has a collar with a name tag and phone number and lovely Ms Kroll keeping her safe and giving us a call!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 16th, 2017 04:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Limey

Mana: 
Great posts... Semana Santa, ( A Mexican Tradition ) has been very well executed this year...I enjoyed some of the Festivities, noise has been down, spending has been up, and the event will retire in a few more hours...
I must give cudos to Rene and all his crew, who in just a few days transformed the Parking lot at Hotel Fiesta into a real first class Beach Bar...Rene ...you and your staff rocked good service, excellent food and it was full of great customers...spending mucho dinero on the Beach... Coralito Beach Bar is a fantastic place to witness Semana Santa on the beach...

Last edited on Sun Apr 16th, 2017 04:49 am by Limey

Posted: Sun Apr 16th, 2017 06:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Have to say it's way down in traffic - in my 12 years here.

Current time is 10:01 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Semana Santa Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems