San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Loss of Randy Van Kirk  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Al

Mana: 
Randy Van Kirk killed in a fatal ambush near Yecora yesterday. It's confirmed, I just talked to Luis the mgr of the CyberCo. 
He founded CyberCo, passed the shop to his son Kyler and retired to Yecora. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
marlin master

Mana: 
A Really Terrible Tragedy just happened to a Good Man ! My thoughts go out Meg and the rest of the family, in this painful time ! RIP Randy !

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
We knew Randy as a well meaning and hard working individua; may he R.I.P.l. Our heartfelt condolences to the van Kirk family in Sonora and Chihuahua!

Last edited on Wed Apr 5th, 2017 10:19 pm by Richard Baca

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
it is my understanding the ambush occurred sunday the 2nd rest in peace randy!

Last edited on Wed Apr 5th, 2017 10:34 pm by frankiej

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 11:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
JZ

Mana: 
Ambush? Pls elaborate.

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 04:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
IronMan

Mana: 

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 06:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
He was driving down the mountain from Yecora, when he was ambushed on the road, robbed and murdered.

Posted: Fri Apr 7th, 2017 12:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
About a year ago, Randy invited me to drive my camper up to his Yecora property to do some camping. He warned me of the danger being close to the Chihuahua border where cartels sometimes cross into Sonora. That was enough to discourage me. I am so sad because the entire family are marvelous people !!!! RIP Randy !!!!! Big and loving hugs to Meg and the family.

Posted: Sun Apr 9th, 2017 01:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
"Cartel killing?" C'mon! There's NOTHING "cartel" about this most tragic event! It was car theft, which he resisted, by armed perps plain and simple! Should this happen to anyone IMO, give 'em the car and/or whatever they ask for and accept a long hike!

Posted: Sun Apr 9th, 2017 03:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Okay DSD, where are your witnesses to your claimed assertion that this was a cartel hit? NONE I'm sure because there are none! Please don't try to taint the good name of a fine, honest, hard working, God fearing individual!

Posted: Sun Apr 9th, 2017 08:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i just got back into town saturday 11:00 pm. i have now heard 3 stories on this tragic event! 

randy wouldn't sell his ranch to the cartel
he was buying cattle and had 80,000. he was robbed of
now a car jacking
we will probably never know the truth! 
what everyone can agree on is it was a tragic loss of a fine member of our community!

Posted: Sun Apr 9th, 2017 03:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I dont know what happened up there, but I will say that the one time I went to Yecora, we were going to go exploring some back roads out behind where Mark Mulligan has his place. We were stopped by a municipal policeman with an automatic weapon (??? that was a first) who said you cant go back there because marijuana is being harvested and it is too dangerous. We got the distinct impression that this guy was not warning us as much as protecting the interests of the growers;  the way he brandished the weapon in menacing fashion towards us. We decided to try and push on to Basaseachi after that but were told that the highway was also closed, due to the harvest and that we would have to spend the night in Yecora. WOW! This was about seven years ago.

Irrespective of that story, there are direct and indirect cartel killings. The newspapers are full of the direct type, complete with beheadings and mutilations and such. But there are also the crimes of opportunity like kidnappings, robberies, carjackings, etc., by persons on the fringe of the cartels;  the street pushers, the addicts, the persons high on meth, persons who incur debt to cartel members, who pay their debt by strong-arming people. Sometimes those "lesser" crimes take a turn for the worse, and people die during them.

Little comfort to the victims, whether it is the direct or indirect type. 

The drug trade, directly or indirectly, is probably responsible for well north of 90% of all killings that are NOT domestic killings in Mexico. It may not be much different in the States, either. 

All this is, of course, my opinion.

Mr. Baca, I fail to see how ".....the good name of a fine, honest, hard working, God fearing individual" is besmirched by POSSIBLY becoming a victim. If a member of the Mexican media or clergy are killed by a cartel, does that detract from their "good name"? Quite the opposite, IMO.

Posted: Sun Apr 9th, 2017 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
as an observer there seems to be a lot of speculation here and very little compassion. i didn't know him and i don't know the family so i will just add may he RIP and may his family and friends find solace in their memories

Posted: Sun Apr 9th, 2017 08:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Thank you Visitor, for a most thoughtful, sensible and compassionate post.

Posted: Sun Apr 9th, 2017 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Ranee

Mana: 
To the community and the family of Randy Van Kirk.
I am honored and blessed to have known Randy Van Kirk.
He was a great entrepreneur to say the least! A true
perfectionist of business. Randy knew the ART OF THE DEAL!
Randy will be truly missed by all!

Blessings!
Ranee

Posted: Mon Apr 10th, 2017 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
All my deepest condolences to his family , witch i know some and unfortunately his own family thinks it was done by the cartel . I got the following from a family member . The car following him shot him in his neck with an automatic weapon and with military bullets in it. He had no chance to escape and it was on instant dead for him. Since he had several thefts on his ranch before of animals , he put up security cameras around and most likely they did not like that. This is so sad since he was a very generous person con everyone.

Last edited on Mon Apr 10th, 2017 01:10 am by happy camper

Posted: Mon Apr 10th, 2017 01:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i have a question? was randy alone? if he was, then everything is speculation!
military ammo? what does that mean? most automatic and semi automatic weapons use solid ball ammo, is that what you mean?
the reason i ask is stating "military ammo" is a serious implication! with no sound verification, other than he said she said!
you are starting irresponsible and serious concerns in many minds!

Last edited on Mon Apr 10th, 2017 02:02 am by frankiej

Posted: Mon Apr 10th, 2017 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Hi Frankie, it was good to see you this morning! Yes, Randy was alone and therefore, it's ALL speculation! As for military caliber ammo or not, it's six rounds that killed him. "When firearms are outlawed, only outlaws will possess them", so the caliber matters not, it was outlaws plain and simple, but "cartel"(?), that's a stretch and pure speculation!

Posted: Mon Apr 10th, 2017 10:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
sylviagrewe

Mana: 
deepseadiver

you are wrong. she is my neighbor and friend. you are posting bad words.

Posted: Tue Apr 11th, 2017 02:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
posts #'s 21 & 23 you are posting innuendos, speculation and sarcasm! 
your information is coming 2nd/3rd party and the first party speaking spanish, assuming it was the authiorities!

Current time is 07:03 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Loss of Randy Van Kirk Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems