San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > A recent news feature about Guaymas/San Carlos

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
A recent news feature about Guaymas/San Carlos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Apr 1st, 2017 09:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
A very positive news feature about our area...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRCBag_kN_k

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Apr 2nd, 2017 12:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
nice - thanks

Posted: Sun Apr 2nd, 2017 04:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
lasninas

Mana: 
That was such an interesting program!  There is some excellent information on the port of Guaymas and the expansion efforts are quite impressive.  This was aired yesterday on PBS in Arizona.  Thanks for posting.

Posted: Sun Apr 2nd, 2017 06:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
Great video from Arizona Week about our home.
https://youtu.be/DRCBag_kN_k

Posted: Sun Apr 2nd, 2017 10:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I really do not understand why we would laud more growth in our area. Industrial ports like Guaymas and Long Beach create a lot of pollution and the transportation industry does not bring near enough local employment to justify that. More traffic, crime, demand for fresh water and tourists are other factors that affect us. So while I understand the business community's desire to promote, I am pretty sure we as retired residents are better off as we are. Semana Santa traffic is a boon for business', but not for me and what I enjoy about San Carlos

Posted: Sun Apr 2nd, 2017 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I am with Bullshipper on this one, especially when I have spent many years in the two ports/Cities he mentions.

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
It seemed like a paid-for puff piece to me. 

Indeed, it was very positive. But it glossed over many of the ongoing issues in SC (water infrastructure, sewage, trash, speeding on streets, reduction of access to beaches).

A couple of those interviews were WAY too long, especially the ones with Cordero and the guy on the beach from AZ. That was clearly padding to get it to the half hour mark. I thought the program's pacing dragged. 

BTW, I am in the camp that we don't need much more development until some of those issues above are solved, especially water and sewage. But, like everywhere, it's the businesses that call the shots in SC.

It seems like, in most all cases, when someone is clamoring for more development/tourism in SC, it is someone with a large vested interest (not simply a homeowner). Follow the money.

Do we REALLY want SC to become like Bucerias or La Cruz? Once upon a time, they were a sleepy little area, too. Sometimes "progress" isn't actually a good thing.

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Have to agree with the last few posters . I like San Carlos the way it is, more tourists is not in my best interest for sure , for all of the above mentioned reason.

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 07:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I completely agree with the latests posts on the growth issue. As a person who lives on a fixed income, all that growth brings is higher prices.

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
cuttersc

Mana: 
Very informative and helpful.  Change can't be stopped but it can be shaped.

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
happy camper wrote: Have to agree with the last few posters . I like San Carlos the way it is, more tourists is not in my best interest for sure , for all of the above mentioned reason.
I said the same thing as you all 25 years ago.... But You all still showed up here didn't you!

Last edited on Tue Apr 4th, 2017 09:28 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 09:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I'm rather surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on either board about the new development plans that have become public from the Llano family. Those are some major developments.

My information is second hand (from someone who attended a meeting where Octavio Llano discussed his plans) but it includes a medical center/hospital, a new marina, a new shopping area and the complete renovation of the El Mirador RV park, complete with six new pickleball courts.

All of that development I first mentioned is supposed to take place between Triana and Seascape Plaza.

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 10:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Don

Mana: 
I was at that meeting and the location is out in the area of Bahia del Fin.  Also in that master plan is a golf course.

Posted: Tue Apr 4th, 2017 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Thanks for the clarification, Don. I didnt see how they could get a marina in there, too.

Interesting. A new marina in a designated turtle nesting area. And some folks go ape-chit, when we walk our dogs on the beach over there, while conference centers and marinas are being planned. Ah, Mexico.

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 02:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: happy camper wrote: Have to agree with the last few posters . I like San Carlos the way it is, more tourists is not in my best interest for sure , for all of the above mentioned reason.
I said the same thing as you all 25 years ago.... But You all still showed up here didn't you!
The most profound statement of all Jimmy! Everyone wants to be the "last to be admitted to Paradise". Suck it up, Buttercup, the Mexicans are coming.

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Agree with Jimmy on this one. I first came here in 1971. Lots of changes, most of which I did not want. Let's face it, the people that will make decisions about the future of San Carlos don't care what retired gringos want anymore since they stopped coming in large numbers. It is what it is. As far as Guaymas, the development might bring some good paying jobs which is needed.

My comment that the video was positive only referred to the lack of doom and gloom in the piece. It was on local public television, not national news. Yes production quality might not have been top notch but non-negative news about Mexico has been rare.

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 06:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
News flash. They are pulling the weeds up at the old Mirador RV park.

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
lasninas

Mana: 
Good response Jimmy. 

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 03:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
IronMan wrote: Jimmy wrote: happy camper wrote: Have to agree with the last few posters . I like San Carlos the way it is, more tourists is not in my best interest for sure , for all of the above mentioned reason.
The most profound statement of all Jimmy! Everyone wants to be the "last to be admitted to Paradise". Suck it up, Buttercup, the Mexicans are coming.
Ha, ha  you guys , have you ever had a second thought that many people where here already over 20 years ago , my self included. Did you think for a moment that all those passed away already or have moved on ??  Yes, i have seen many changes over those years , most where good , but lets call it progress ....

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 03:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Curious as to the changes "that were good"; changes that made something better for you than it was when you moved there?

Current time is 01:46 am Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > A recent news feature about Guaymas/San Carlos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems