San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
For Paradise Air Customers  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 18th, 2017 01:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Fern

Mana: 
Frank owes me over $3500. for the flight my family had to use to come down at xmas and for the 4 coupons I purchased.  If I don't get the money next week, I will go to perfeco.  BTW, where is their office in Guaymas?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Mar 18th, 2017 03:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Hi Fern-the office for Profeco is next door to the Tourist and Visitors Information office-if you stop in the Info office in San Carlos she will draw you a map on how to get there. It is to the East of the main Church downtown on Serdan-we parked and walked BEHIND the church-or to the East of it-very little signage-but it is in the large building where they have a kindergarten school.The people in there were very helpful-take your correspondence re what Frank has said re refund and they will either go with you to get the money or contact the police on your behalf.Good luck!

Posted: Sat Mar 18th, 2017 03:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Fern wrote: Frank owes me over $3500. for the flight my family had to use to come down at xmas and for the 4 coupons I purchased.  If I don't get the money next week, I will go to perfeco.  BTW, where is their office in Guaymas?
Not sure I understand.......

You are saying that He owes you for the regular airfare that your family would have used anyway if there was no Paradise discount tickets Plus for your discount tickets?

Posted: Sat Mar 18th, 2017 06:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Fern

Mana: 
My family was scheduled to come down on Dec. 23rd on Paradise airlines.  They canceled the flight.  So, with the helpof Marycruz at Paradise airlines, they had to be rebooked on aeromexico, going from Tucson to Phoenix and then down to Hermosillo the next day.  Cost was over $2500. for 3 people and Framk assured me he would pick up the cost.  I'm waiting.  Plus I purchased $1000. of the coupons.  I'm hoping he reimburses me next week which he has promised he would do.

Posted: Sat Mar 18th, 2017 10:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
There will be a "Meet & Greet" cocktail gathering for reporter Gabriela, Ad VP, and Publisher of the Arizona Daily Star newspaper and Tucson.com here in San Carlos. Shots at the marina 4:00 Sunday April 2nd.

Posted: Sun Mar 19th, 2017 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Will Frank be at the "meet and greet"?

Posted: Sun Mar 19th, 2017 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
No word yet about Frank being in town.

However, I will know shortly if the corporate representative from Aeromar Airlines will be joining us. I am lobbying very hard for them to bring two flights a week (Thursday and Sunday) into Guaymas Airport. Fingers crossed!

Sincerely hope that by the time the press people arrive that Frank Jackson has reimbursed everyone.

Posted: Sun Mar 19th, 2017 08:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Two things:
Frank has stated that not EVERYONE has requested a refund-some holding out for his flights to actually fly!Plus he definitely has promised anyone that requested a refund prior to April 1st! There is the problem that he does not reply to some of the emailed requests!I did receive the following telephone number thou  [url=tel:(623)%20240-9819]623-240-9819[/url]… Hope that helps!
Aeromar-been thinking if they will commit to something small-like Guaymas flights every two weeks-or monthly-whatever-start small and let the demand add more flights-not sure if that works but getting them to fly and having us all commit to the dates they advertise might go a long way in proving the need! We initially bought the coupons to show our support for an airline - whichever one it is- to provide Guaymas flights. Perhaps the argument could also be presented to AeroMar via survey etc. as to how many people would access the flights, how often, etc. I think the Tourism and Residents Information center is doing this survey with businesses in Guaymas but we visitors need to add our requests as well as local community members.
Keep up the good flow of information!Thanks 

Posted: Mon Mar 27th, 2017 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
This Friday will be March 31st. Therefore, EVERYONE who REQUESTED a REFUND for their Travel Vouchers should RECEIVE it by the end of this week; if the cited payout plan is to be believed.

The possibility of direct flights into Guaymas from Paradise-Air held my interest for more than a year. I enjoyed the sleuthing and speculation, even though I never did piece together the who and how of it all correctly.

However, in the end, I just hope that all of you who contributed money for the travel vouchers in good faith receive compensation.

Last edited on Mon Mar 27th, 2017 11:22 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Tue Mar 28th, 2017 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Does anyone know who the Canadian investors are?  That's a relatively new spin that appeared lately........may just be another excuse.

Posted: Sat Apr 1st, 2017 03:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Hope you folks were able to keep the pressure on and receive your refunds!

Posted: Sat Apr 1st, 2017 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Limey

Mana: 
:dude:   APRIL FOOL's  we are.

Posted: Sat Apr 1st, 2017 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I was April Fooled last April if I have a guesstimate timeline. Wasn't until May that I wrote the check and hand delivered for the 8 vouchers. So maybe that still makes me an April fool? I would still prefer the air service. So to me, Happy Dumb Day, I deserve it, LOL. Ynot

Posted: Sat Apr 1st, 2017 07:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Thats too bad. I had hopes for the airline. I also had hopes that the San Carlos resident behind the effort was prepared to take his neighbors on a flight and not a ride.

Posted: Sat Apr 1st, 2017 11:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
ksmith1955

Mana: 
Why are you all living in a dream. Aeromar is not going to fly into Guaymas until Nationals need this.

I fly Aeromar all the time and take a taxi to San Carlos to my front door.

Leslie has the best chance of getting this going. I hope you all get your refund back and I hope Frank gets what is coming to him...

Posted: Mon Apr 3rd, 2017 10:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
Thank you for the vote of confidence :)
:)

Posted: Fri Apr 7th, 2017 05:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
How did the Arizona Star / AeroMar meet and greet go last weekend? Will the press people be running a follow-up story?

Posted: Fri Apr 7th, 2017 05:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
There will be a follow-up story. The meet and greets were positive and plans to move forward from the black eye San Carlos got from Paradise Air. Thank you to everyone who took time to come and share.

Current time is 02:39 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > For Paradise Air Customers Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems