San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
For Paradise Air Customers  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 1st, 2017 01:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Gabriela Rico at the AZ Daily Star newspaper would like to hear from people who bought Paradise Air ticket vouchers and have not received a refund on those purchases.  Please do not offer comments unless you actually participated in this deal.  She wrote the original article on Paradise Air for the paper and is doing a followup story for Sundays paper so time is of the essence.
Email her at grico (at) tucson.com
Bart

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Mar 1st, 2017 01:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Bart could you also post the article here when it comes out?
Thanks

Posted: Wed Mar 1st, 2017 03:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Frank sent me an email this morning saying I would have my money today-this has been said before-I replied telling him that I will be commenting to the Arizona Daily Star at 3:00 this afternoon and hoped to be able to report a positive outcome-we shall see what happens!

Is the email address grico@tucson.com   
Thanks

Last edited on Wed Mar 1st, 2017 03:13 pm by Cheryl

Posted: Wed Mar 1st, 2017 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Well-once again we received an email from Frank saying the money transfer he sent did not go through and he is sending with a different money transfer service that will take some time.
The lies are getting more and more frequent.
How very disappointing!
We will be going to the Profeco office in Guaymas tomorrow morning-welcome any others to do the same. I am told that the Manager in the office speaks English and is there early in the morning-8:00ish.

Posted: Thu Mar 2nd, 2017 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Just received news from reporter from the Arizona Daily Star-she spoke to Frank and he said that ALL refunds will be paid next week-she has promised to print another story after that so maybe we are getting somewhere!!:)

Posted: Sat Mar 4th, 2017 11:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Gabriela Rico's article has been published.  She was most appreciative of the response from those who purchased vouchers and sent her thanks to me via email.  Here is the link:

http://tinyurl.com/hohx8qr

Bart

Last edited on Sat Mar 4th, 2017 12:38 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Sat Mar 4th, 2017 12:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
marlin master

Mana: 
Thanks Bart, he still owes our family 1250.00. I will be suprised if we ever see it, but still hopefull !

Posted: Sat Mar 4th, 2017 12:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Thanks for posting Bart.

Posted: Sat Mar 4th, 2017 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
khalbrook

Mana: 
We were planning a trip to Mexico this last New Years and were planning on flying out of Phoenix using a new company based out of where my mom and sister live in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico called Paradise Air operated by Frank Jackson. Turns out he could not get the company up and running by the time we were supposed to fly out so Frank was said he got us a private charter. A few days before the trip he told informed my mom he got us tickets on American Airlines with a flight to Hermosillo and would email us the confirmations when he relieved them. That should have been our first clue that Frank Jackson was a liar and a crook. We never received any confirmations and the day we were supposed to leave to drive to Phoenix (we are from California - an 8 hour drive), Frank is trying to find us tickets through his travel agent. This was going to be a family reunion of sorts. My mom has 5 children and we were all finally going to be in one spot at one time in over 4-5 years. About 4pm Frank told us he would refund the tickets and the cost of the down payment we had already put down on the rental. He said I would get the refund by January 3th. After many back and forth's and MANY promises that the payment would be "by the end of the week" we have STILL not received anything from him. I am posting this in hopes that anybody thinking of flying to beautiful San Carlos (which I highly recommend because its a paradise there) NOT use any airline associated with Frank Jackson and Paradise Air. He is an absolute liar and thief!! I plan on following up with other sources to try to get a refund but please be warned to find another company than that associated with Frank Jackson and Paradise Air.
I was going to post this on every San Carlos site I can find! I have every email and text he sent me! He's been promising me a refund forever. I can forward every conversation with Frank to whoever needs to see it.Kim Halbrook

Posted: Sat Mar 4th, 2017 04:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
bartmanaz wrote: Gabriela Rico's article has been published.  She was most appreciative of the response from those who purchased vouchers and sent her thanks to me via email.  Here is the link:

http://tinyurl.com/hohx8qr

Bart

I think her article exposes very well the issues at hand and hope all the purchasers of advance vouchers get either refunds or an actual plane trip...soon!

Maybe this public exposure of the fiasco and poor decisions/management at Paradise Air will get things rolling...

but in the meantime, between drug cartel media hysterics north of the border and this badly handled attempt at an airline startup, visitors are still being dissuaded from venturing to San Carlos.  

Last edited on Sat Mar 4th, 2017 04:20 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Mon Mar 6th, 2017 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
We are hoping others get their refunds as well-please keep us posted as to whether or not you do-we firmly believe the notices on here, the newspaper article and the contact we had with Profeco led to our refund and support anyone else going through this!Enjoying our last week in Paradise-for this season-see you all again in December!:D

Posted: Sat Mar 11th, 2017 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
What I don't get from the article is a clear indication as to why the flights never materialized. Simply because of the inability to establish a code-sharing arrangement with other airlines? That wouldnt seem like a big obstacle, but I dont know much about how airlines operate.

In any event, buying the vouchers was very much like rolling a Pair-a-Dice!!!! :cool: You lays yo' money, and you takes yo' chances. We almost did it because 200.00 RT seemed like a good price.

Last edited on Sat Mar 11th, 2017 09:56 pm by Hook

Posted: Sun Mar 12th, 2017 12:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Leslie's airline, Aeromar, does not have code sharing. Code sharing is not required to operate.

Posted: Sun Mar 12th, 2017 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Hey Hook-you are right-we gambled-it was $250 each thou not $200.We too do not know the ins and outs of the issues with the airline-but are very leary to believe that Frank will be getting it done!
BTW Break A Leg!!!  :P

Posted: Sun Mar 12th, 2017 03:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I believe we were offered 200.00 ones, very early on.

Hey, I'm not on stage. Just a lowly bartender, one night, if you're referring to the melodrama.

Posted: Sun Mar 12th, 2017 03:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Typecast :)

Posted: Sun Mar 12th, 2017 03:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
OOPS sorry-thought you were someone else!! He got us for $250 each return ticket-we only bought 2 but have heard of others he owes much more AND they cannot get him to reply to messages! Very Sad!

Posted: Fri Mar 17th, 2017 04:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Cheryl wrote:Received word from the Arizona Daily Star reporter-below is what Frank from Paradise Air has sent her regarding his flights-you can decide yourselves but I am very skeptical that moving forward he will have direct flights to Guaymas!On 3/10/17, 2:44 PM, "Frank Hunt Jackson" wrote:Gabriela,Not sure when the follow up article is but wanted to provide an update. The Canadian investors are signed for $250,000 usd investment. The initial amount of $35,000 is in and in the process of being released. Documents required for the release were one week late in being received but were submitted on Wednesday and have been processed. This has put refunds one week behind. Not a good start to the payment process but a reality. Once the funds are released I am committed to complete all refunds within 48-72 hours. I will update you on who and when is paid. I am in communication with those owed to reconfirm the commitment to pay them. Balance of investment funds will be completed in stages by the end March.Once this is complete I will provide more detail on the forward movement of the air service.Thank you,Frank

This was posted in the DirectFlights thread... It indicates Paradise Air received a $35k cash infusion from Canadian investors on Wednesday, 3/8/2017, processed for release,  to start the refund process this week. 
Have all of the voucher holders that requested a refund received their refunds this week? Has the level of communication improved?

Last edited on Fri Mar 17th, 2017 04:10 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Fri Mar 17th, 2017 06:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Frank told me last week that he would contact me early this week and I should have my return. Ron

Posted: Fri Mar 17th, 2017 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Ask him about your interest he promised also.

Current time is 04:31 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > For Paradise Air Customers Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems