San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
RV Camping  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2017 12:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dbachand

Mana: 
My wife and I are driving down to San Carlos with a 30 foot bumper tow trailer. I see there are a couple RV parks. Question 1. What is the best RV park ? 2. Is there any awesome beach locations to camp ? We don't need the full RV hook ups, and would rather have great location over RV park.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2017 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
More or less only one "RV Park", Totonaka. The other large park, El Mirador has been closed for a few years. There are several "private spaces" in Ranchitos if you look a bit. You can pull into Totonaka Park and stay a day or so and look around. Also, many folks park near the beach down toward Pilar/Delphin Condos, again, drop your RV and drive down there and pick a spot, as you say, no services there, only great camping and surroundings. Enjoy, Ron

Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2017 07:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
long time resident

Mana: 
What about the trailer park behind the best Western?

Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2017 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
aligato

Mana: 
LTR, I believe that one is closed, have not seen anyone there this year...also, be very careful/alert when camping on the beach, you will be a prime candidate for theives out there with no one else around.

Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2017 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Hook

Mana: 
One other thing about the beach road near Pilar/Delfin. After a rain like we just had, that road turns into the muddiest quagmire you have ever seen. Just awful. It usually takes two weeks to dry out. So, proceed with caution. It might be better to enter from the Pilar side, rather than the San CArlos side.

Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2017 11:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Sometimes folks camp out by La Manga. 

Posted: Tue Feb 21st, 2017 03:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
The last time I was out at La Manga, the bluff between Puesta and La Manga 1 seemed to be fenced off. Is that the case? That was the best camping area out there.

Posted: Tue Feb 21st, 2017 12:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
I agree, stay in Totanaka RV park and you can walk across the street and be on the longest beach here. It's not worth the hassle boondocking. If the cops see you camping and have a fire going, they're going to hassle you as well, because they know you're going to have issues and it would save them from having to deal with things if it goes bad for you. Also tons of rain lately, all the beach parking lots are muddy.
    There's been a rash of break ins in the remote areas and Mexicans won't think twice about parking right by you and blaring music all night long while they drink beer. Not that they're trying to be rude, it's just the way it works down here. Also you'll be constantly bombarded with people asking for money or looking for work.
   I had the same idea when I came down but never did it. It's not like Baja where there are totally remote beaches where you can drive up to and camp without seeing anyone all week.
    Stay in the park if it's your first time here, you'll also get a chance to meet people and and learn where the best restaurants/activities are.

Last edited on Tue Feb 21st, 2017 01:13 pm by azbandit66

Posted: Tue Feb 21st, 2017 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I have rented an RV spot behind Best Western. It is smaller park but I liked it just fine.

Posted: Tue Feb 21st, 2017 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I would also recommend Totonaka. Carnival and Semana Santa are coming up. It would be a zoo to camp on the beach during those times.

Posted: Thu Mar 16th, 2017 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
unbob

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: I have rented an RV spot behind Best Western. It is smaller park but I liked it just fine.Thx for the info! What's the daily/weekly/monthly rate at that spot? Is there baño & showers? I don't need any hookups.

Posted: Thu Mar 16th, 2017 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I don't know what the fees are about the same as next door would suggest calling the Best Western and asking them you can also arrange your reservation that way

Posted: Thu Mar 16th, 2017 10:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
unbob

Mana: 
aligato wrote: ... be very careful/alert when camping on the beach, you will be a prime candidate for thieves out there with no one else around.Really??? Not according to this ...
"Camping with your RV – All beaches in Mexico are federal territory and open to public use without restrictions. In San Carlos pulling up to camp on the beach is legal and safe. At times when the established trailer parks are hurting for income, the police have been known to come around and hand out flyers that encourage people not to camp on the beach but first it is illegal for them to force you off and secondly it is NOT dangerous to stay on the beach—-but it is always good advice to lock your car or trailer when you are not in it. The beach area to the right of Condominios Pilar, San Francisco beach and La Manga are all pleasant nice areas to camp in."
http://www.sancarlosmexico.com/RV.html

Posted: Thu Mar 16th, 2017 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
aligato

Mana: 
Unbob, We know people who were robbed when they camped on the beach near Pilar, and we also know of people who had their cars broken into while enjoying the beach near Pilar,,,remember Lucky, the dog who was stolen out of a car by the Pilar beach???? And since we currently appear to have a woman breaking into homes in well lit and occupied sub-divisions here in town, sitting on the beach with no one around would make you a prime target, IMO.

Posted: Thu Mar 16th, 2017 10:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
unbob

Mana: 
aligato wrote: Unbob, We know people who were robbed when they camped on the beach near Pilar, and we also know of people who had their cars broken into while enjoying the beach near Pilar,,,remember Lucky, the dog who was stolen out of a car by the Pilar beach???? And since we currently appear to have a woman breaking into homes in well lit and occupied sub-divisions here in town, sitting on the beach with no one around would make you a prime target, IMO.Thanks!! I'm guessing the info I quoted in my earlier post is at least several years old - so things may have changed (for the worse) since that time.:(

Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2017 09:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
PNW_Steve

Mana: 
We stayed 3 weeks at Totonaka on our last trip down. Great place to stay. Very nice folks. I would highly recommend it.

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 02:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
PNW_Steve wrote: We stayed 3 weeks at Totonaka on our last trip down. Great place to stay. Very nice folks. I would highly recommend it.
They have a gate guard  which will minimize the chance of having your possessions walk off.Centrally located with restaurants within walking distance.  

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
PNW_Steve

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: PNW_Steve wrote: We stayed 3 weeks at Totonaka on our last trip down. Great place to stay. Very nice folks. I would highly recommend it.
They have a gate guard  which will minimize the chance of having your possessions walk off.Centrally located with restaurants within walking distance.  

The gate guard along with the owner are very effective at keeping non-guests out of the park. Good or bad, I have seen the owner run off the local police when he didn't think that they had good reason to come in. 

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 08:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
PNW_Steve wrote: Jimmy wrote: PNW_Steve wrote: We stayed 3 weeks at Totonaka on our last trip down. Great place to stay. Very nice folks. I would highly recommend it.

The gate guard along with the owner are very effective at keeping non-guests out of the park. Good or bad, I have seen the owner run off the local police when he didn't think that they had good reason to come in. 

The local police have been known to be thieves.

Posted: Mon May 1st, 2017 11:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
motomech

Mana: 
What about El Cortez in Miramar?
Looks kind of bleak, but one would probably have the place to themselves. And the price is right.

Current time is 01:57 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > RV Camping Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems