San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Class action lawsuit ?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jan 23rd, 2017 02:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
marlin master

Mana: 
I heard a rumor that somebody was trying to put together a class action lawsuit against Paradise Air for not refunding monies that is owed to all the folks that purchased pre- flight coupons. He still owes my wife and I 500.00 ,and our son in Denver 750.00. I know thats a small amount compared to what he owes some folks, but it is still a lot to us. Any info out there ?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jan 23rd, 2017 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
lawyers cost money!  trust me the courts here take years before a law suit reaches them!  the only winners would be the lawyers!

Posted: Mon Jan 23rd, 2017 07:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bombero

Mana: 
frankiej, Paradise Air is not a Mexican Corp. The law suit will be filed in the States...and yes, the lawyers will be the winners, paid by the loser of the suit "paradise air".

Posted: Mon Jan 23rd, 2017 09:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
A laps of judgement? Put out for a promise? I would never put out unless I get a Kiss and a promise!!! JaJaJa "There is a sucker born every minute." Hey, I am lookin' to sell some Swamp land in Arizona! LMAO jajajaja  Id$^ts

Last edited on Mon Jan 23rd, 2017 09:34 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Wed Jan 25th, 2017 02:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
It is my understanding that attorneys are in the stage of reviewing the "class action complaint", and will make recommendations on it's veracity.

Posted: Wed Jan 25th, 2017 06:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
If the monies were paid here it would be easy to file and take liens on local property.

Posted: Thu Jan 26th, 2017 08:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
goldin

Mana: 
I'm still hoping to get paid by Frank. Instead of a lawsuit in the US, I would suggest an official complain to Profeco. If there's enough people Profeco should react.

Posted: Fri Jan 27th, 2017 12:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
From my experience, Profeco is an excellent option. My partner, a Mexican national, was getting screwed over badly by a car repair place. Profeco met with the car place, set a deadline for satisfying my partner's claim, and threatening to shut down the business and sell the assets if the business didn't perform by the deadline. It was amazing how quickly the problem got solved.

Posted: Fri Jan 27th, 2017 01:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
hans

Mana: 
Profeco is the Way to go. They will react if they even have only one Person that complains.
Now that will be easy, they will be happy to go against a Trump member.

Posted: Fri Jan 27th, 2017 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Hans already mentioned going to  [size=Profeco in another Thread about this airline thing. I find humor in that the Gringos will wring their hands and look for recourse when their 1st step should have been listing to Hans and going to Profeco. What will we do Chicken Little? The Sky is Falling.  JaJaJa ]

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 04:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
We have been attempting to get Frank to refund our money-when I mention Profeco he promises cash delivery the next day-but NEVER delivers-today we go to Guaymas to try and file a complaint-hope our limited Spanish will be able to get the complaint filed and hopeful for a positive action-has ANYONE seen a refund?
Forever Hopefully and YES feeling DUMB but also very disappointed in this business-trying to NOT let it ruin our Mexican Paradise! Hard also to support Mimi's restaurant and feel very bad for her and the girls that worked in the office!
Would love to add our complaints to any action being taken-Canadian citizens here and regret being taken by this con man!:X

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I really think that Frank told me to resend bank info. and he would send the refund to my account. I did not follow up. Have I missed something or just my money, LOL??? Please keep me included and up to date?! Ron

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Yes Frank told us the same thing last December but each time he said it would be transferred it did not happen-many tails of account issues and transfer problems but NO money has been returned-check your records and let us know if you received ANYTHING please! I am hoping SOMEONE got their promised refund and can help us do the same!

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 05:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
goldin

Mana: 
I just sent an email to Frank regarding getting the waiting-for-refund group of people together to file a claim with Profeco. Anybody interested, please provide contact information. Currently traveling, but ready to go by next Monday, 3/6/17. Thanks.

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Ok. I promptly got an email back by Frank. He says his Dad has had two strokes and moved to three different hospitals. He says he'll start refunding this week. Let's hope he can.

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Frank has told us all the stories about his father's health while promising dates for transfer of funds-I just received another email with anticipated cash this afternoon-if I do not receive today then I am definitely with you on filing a group claim!
While we have empathy for one dealing with family health issues we too have our own personal stories of grief-he has made promises and not delivered-bottom line-we need to be paid.

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 08:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
NICKKURNS

Mana: 
I've been trying to contact Frank or anyone at paradise air via email and facebook but have never gotten a reply from anyone. How are all these people getting a response from Frank even if his response is a lie at least you know he is still alive. How can I get a response from him? Anybody?

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
Just finished an interview with Tucson Arizona Daily Star newspaper. Copying here in hopes it will answer local questions.

Never thought I would find myself in the tourism arena. The music business is crazy enough! After much thought I have come to the conclusion I simply love San Carlos, the people (and music) of Sonora, Mexico in general and feel deeply compelled to share.

Attached are clippings from El Imparcial when Chris Montez was here for the February music festival. Unlike the "Hollywood Celebrities" mentioned in the articles (LOL) most friends and family do not have private planes, so when Paradise Air announced their intentions to fly into Guaymas Airport a lot of folks here in San Carlos were doing the Happy Dance!

• Q. Have you received any information on why the flights have not begun?

The last official word from Paradise Air is that he expects to be in the air April 2017. There are a lot of us here in San Carlos rooting for that to happen. It was heartbreaking when he did not get airborne in November. Frank Jackson's best intentions got thwarted by one bureaucratic roadblock after another. Agencies on both sides of the border. The Paradise Air office staff, Karina and Maricruz, got laid off in December. With Frank's blessing they started working with me on "Plan B" air and hotel packages. The music festival artists were already booked and the shows must go on!

The blessing in the poop pile was discovering Aeromar Airlines. Karina and Maricruz re-booked Paradise Air passengers out of Hermosillo on the new Tucson to Hermosillo flight. My husband and I have flown four Aeromar round trips since they started last October. Simply put . . . Aeromar rocks. Terrific flights. The downside is they don't fly into Guaymas Airport. The times I have flown almost all the passengers were San Carlos bound. "You Deserve A Weekend in Paradise" one-woman campaign is a not too subtle enticement to encourage commercial air travel to GYM (Guaymas San Carlos Airport.) With the music festival packages we make the bus ride from Hermosillo Airport to San Carlos fun, but a 15 minute drive from Guaymas Airport to San Carlos is better, even without the free margaritas. My burning desire/goal is flights to Guaymas Airport.

• Q. Your recent festival saw a lot of folks coming from Tucson. What was their reaction to San Carlos?

There were noticeably more people in town walking around. The plane was almost full and a lot of folks drove down. It's safe to say a good time was had by all. Thank you notes have contained a lot of "wonderful," "love," "professional" and "not enough time to do everything we wanted to do." Oh yes, the FOOD. San Carlos has become a foodie nirvana. The big draws are the tranquil laid back atmosphere, and mind blowing natural beauty. Like I need to tell you! (LOL)

• Q. What would air service between Tucson and Guaymas mean for your music events?

It would mean being able to bring world class entertainers to San Carlos, and share Sonoran artists with Tucson. Music is the universal language. Even after 45 years in the entertainment industry, I never cease to be amazed by the level of talent here. I believe San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas is a music vortex, like Austin and Nashville. American stars come to Mexico, do benefits for the Esperanza Azteca youth orchestra, Rescate or Castaway Kids charities, write songs on the beach, have dental or medical work done for a fraction of the cost for a procedure north of the border. The natural beauty of San Carlos is artistically inspiring. There were nine first ballot Grammy nominations for San Carlos artists this year alone. Another 2017 first ballot nominee (Best Contemporary Blues Artist) Deb Ryder is coming to San Carlos April 7 & 8. March 4 & 5 is 6.5 Mexicans (Mark Mulligan and Los Forasteros) The best American country music I've heard in years is a Mexican band! (LOL)

• Q. Anything else you would like readers to know?

Sonora is beautiful. Sonora is a one hour and 15 minute plane ride away. Everyone deserves time in paradise.

Posted: Mon Feb 27th, 2017 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Cheryl

Mana: 
Did the people that flew with Aeromar get their refund from Frank? We have met people that had to repay for flights that Frank got them on and they are still out the original money AND the flights they paid for since Paradise-or whatever the airline was called that Frank was working with-California based airline-did not fly when they needed to!Once again I have been told TOMORROW-now the carnaval is to blame! If I wasn't so upset this might be funny!!

Last edited on Mon Feb 27th, 2017 11:45 pm by Cheryl

Posted: Tue Feb 28th, 2017 02:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
NICKKURNS

Mana: 
First off, the "PERK" for buying these pre-flight tickets early for a silly small amount off the alleged final price was not the draw for me. The draw for me was to support an effort to deliver air service to Guaymas which gave easy access to San Carlos. I wanted to support such an effort and Frank, in the early days, seemed like a nice enough guy to take a chance on, so I did. Now Frank won't even respond to my many communications. 
I agree with Cheryl about being upset with not only the lack of promises but more importantly to me is Frank Jackson's'  total lack of respect regarding communication. He was "Johnny on the spot" when it came time to collect his money, claiming pal pal would not accept his request for my payment. He called me repeatedly for the $$, almost as if he was in a financial bind. I, should have acted on the writing on the wall from Pay Pal and said no thanks. And now, after several emails, several reply's to their email to me, and Facebook communication, oh, and dont forget the several international phone calls I made to the phone number Paradise Air provided on Facebook that didn't go thru I am furious. More at the total lack of response than the money. And now I find this Forum with most everyone getting some sort of response from Frank albeit lies. 
It's one thing to TRY and FAIL and a completely different story to TRY, LIE, HIDE and FAIL which is despicable. Just give us our money back please, we don't trust this operation anymore. This fiasco is very bad for the San Carlos MOVEMENT.

Current time is 05:42 pm Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Class action lawsuit ? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems