San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Comisario???  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Oct 31st, 2016 02:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Do we have a comisario in San Carlos??? I heard that someone got appointed with the new administration, but then I heard that he quit or got fired. And, with not good things. Is there someone else now? If so, who might he be?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Oct 31st, 2016 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
happy camper

Mana: 
If you are on FB you can see who is trying to get supported for this new job.
She could be a good candidate ..
https://www.facebook.com/maria.i.ontiveros.9?fref=ts

Posted: Mon Oct 31st, 2016 08:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Vince Radice's wife? Since I keep myself out of the loop,  I am interested in you opinion as to why she might be a good Comisario . We lost a great comisario (Efrain Soto) because of poor  pay and no support . How will this be different ? ? 

Posted: Mon Oct 31st, 2016 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I have personally known Ines for many years, and she is well educated, cares about the future of San Carlos, and has spent many hours helping to better the community that she lives in. It gets old seeing people in the office of Comisario that are only serving self interests. A lot of talk and no action. Ines is a doer. She works hard, and her family is a good example as to how she is as a person. She has raised two exceptional children, who have values, morals, and respect for others. Very refreshing in todays society. She would be a valuable asset to the community.

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Thank you for your good explanation LTR. While I do not doubt that she has all of these fine qualities, I'm curious about whether she has or will have the full support of the City of Guaymas government. This has been a problem in the past. 

I do have a deep concern. Will she be able to totally separate her job activities from her personal life when she leaves the office at the end of the day? I raise this issue because I would be hesitant to seek her help, possibly on personal stuff, to find that my matter would be discussed with her spouse who has a proclivity towards writing "National Enquirer" style articles about people in our community. Will his ideas become the "decisions" of the comisario? And will I find myself publicly named in one of his scandal sheets?

Last edited on Tue Nov 1st, 2016 12:26 am by ballenamar

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Ballanamar:  If you haven't done anything you shouldn't then what is the problem. My opinion is that Vince has only exposed those that needed it so if you don't need it don't worry.  He's been around a long time and Inez is one of the best people you will ever meet and I doubt very seriously if they would let personal feelings come between the betterment of San Carlos.Politics with Guaymas will always be a big issue since they want all our money out here. 

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 03:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Kiwi. Thanks for your comment. I respectfully submit that doing good or doing bad is a very naiive criteria for deciding the outcome of an interface with the comisario's office. I  have had an excellent relationship with Efrain Soto who helped solve a problem that affected all of our local sector (El Creston). Had Vince been involved, there would have been a big mess rather than a solution. He was always accusing Mexican people of corruption. It is not a constructive way of advancing new community ideas or solving problems . 

I have been involved with various conservation issues with Mexican colleagues where we purposely kept Vince out of the loop to prevent a bad result.  The issues regarding the removal of the estuary towers were kept secret partly to avoid the possibility of Vince accusing corruption while we were trying to get the job done. I speak from experience. I accept the positive recommendations of those who support Ina. But, based on my experiences over the last couple of years,  Vince fitting into the equation would be a potential  disaster. 
Of course, all of my bantering is moot because the appointment of a San Carlos Comisario is a Mexican decision. 

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 04:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Vince wrote a piece and interviewed the renter, Mr. John Poppell, of one of our clients houses. The issue was that Mr. Poppell moved out of the house without notice owing three months rent and stole my client's TV, dish and DTV box claiming that since he paid for them, they were his. Well yes, the perp did in fact pay up front for the items BUT was reimbursed 100% through rent reductions! The items belonged to the house but Vince believed Mr. Poppell and NEVER once called my office or came to my door to ask me about it. After giving Mr. Poppell the opportunity to pay for the items and his refusal, the issue was turned over to the Ministerio Publico and I was made the bad guy because he was arrested. It was a one sided story reported by Vince as fact and ignored my client's side and the 3 months rent owed. The MP did force Mr. Poppell to pay for the stolen items in lieu of jail time but he skipped out on the three months rent which was a civil matter as opposed to the theft which was criminal. I don't think this IMO biased kind of "reporting" should be anywhere near the Comisario's office which is an appointed position (by the Mayor of Guaymas).

Last edited on Tue Nov 1st, 2016 04:43 am by

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 04:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
 I agree that Efrain Soto was a good Commasario.  We have had some good ones but they have been few and far between.  I disagree with you on the fact that Vince picks on "mexicans" only......yes, probably more than others but then again you will have to give credit where credit is due....it's not all one sided and I would think that if you spoke to him personally on a project you would get better understanding between the two of you.  Just my two cents worth.

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Vince means well, and tries to get things done. No one is 100% right about everything, and its not fair to sit back and take pot shots.

Ines is very good people. I would give her a chance at this job in a heartbeat, as I believe she can decide what's best to get the job done for the community, and still manage her marriage, which is none of our business. If she is like the typical Mx wife, she is probably the boss, so its Vinny who will have to toe the line. LOL.

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I think that she can very well separate her personal life with her job. She has in the past. As far as the other statements made, there are two sides to every story, and I have heard both sides to a few of them. This is not the place to comment on them, because it has nothing to do with the topic. Yes, Efrain Soto was a good comisario and there were others, and then there were ALOT of bad ones that did ILLEGAL things against me and others. We all know where that goes....
So ....Ines is an honest person, and that is what I go for. Honesty, Integrity, and Transparency, three things that are lacking in our town.

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 06:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
As a Mexican Kim, you at liberty to comment on political issues in Mexico; as a foreigner, I am not. In fact, as a Mexican, you could run for Comisario! Now wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events?!

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 09:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I am not interested in being involved in politics. Anywhere. Why would you even bring it up. That is not what this thread is about. Leave me out of your future posts Richard.

Last edited on Tue Nov 1st, 2016 09:28 pm by long time resident

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 09:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
ballenamar wrote: Do we have a comisario in San Carlos??? I heard that someone got appointed with the new administration, but then I heard that he quit or got fired. And, with not good things. Is there someone else now? If so, who might he be?
This is the point of the thread, three questions. The answers are "no, no and no one yet. San Carlos needs a proactive Comisario that will lobby for our community and try to keep our property taxes applied locally.

Posted: Tue Nov 1st, 2016 10:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I agree!

Posted: Wed Nov 2nd, 2016 02:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
I have known Ines for many years and she has all my respect.
Without repeating what was said already by LTR , bullshiper and Kiwi , all i can say i second every word about her.
Giving her a chance in proofing her self. We need someone here who cares about San Carlos and nothing else.

Posted: Wed Nov 2nd, 2016 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
I was just told that the new comasario is : Meleton Martinez Tovar.  Is he there for good or just temporary?

Posted: Wed Nov 2nd, 2016 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Who is he? Does he live in San Carlos? I never heard of him.

Posted: Wed Nov 2nd, 2016 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Evidently he is in the Comasarios office and has been for several weeks.  I know nothing about him except was told he has a Facebook page and I don't.

Posted: Wed Nov 2nd, 2016 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Oh, the facebook page is : http://www.facebook.com/comisaria.sancarlos.1

Current time is 11:44 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Comisario??? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems