San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Direct flights from Tucson to Guaymas

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Direct flights from Tucson to Guaymas  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Sep 20th, 2016 05:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
390pony

Mana: 
Actually, P.T Barnum.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Sep 20th, 2016 06:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
No, not P.T. Barnum, but not Lincoln either.
"You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time."
This was thought to be part of a speech Lincoln gave in September 1858 in Clinton, Illinois, but the line is not included in the text that was printed in the local newspaper. It was attributed to Lincoln in 1910 when two people remembered hearing him say it in 1856--54 years later.

Last edited on Tue Sep 20th, 2016 06:14 pm by kiteboarder

Posted: Tue Sep 20th, 2016 06:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
thanks posts #'s 41 & 42!!! 
who ever made the quote is of no real importance!
the quote speaks volumes,  and that is what is important!!!

Posted: Tue Sep 20th, 2016 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
several years back,  i had some temporary tattoos made up,  i did to help promote san carlos! 

Posted: Tue Sep 20th, 2016 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Adages, tattoos, now this thread has really morphed.......

Posted: Tue Sep 20th, 2016 10:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the post started as a positive post for the new airline coming!
how it will promote tourism!
it did morph into the same negative comments of the real estate market seen and duplicated on other threads,  including the newest post regarding the peso/dollar exchange!!
(some) need to widen their spheres of influence!!  to obtain a more rounded view of the RE market! 
 we live in "San Carlos, Nuevo, Guaymas!! Guaymas!!!

apples with apples,  oranges with oranges!!

1)upper end houses in the miramar area are more expensive than some of the houses here!  

2) there is an upper end,  middle end,  lower end market there as here!  the upper end availability is shrinking,  thus making san carlos's upper end market more attractive!

3) positive promotion is good!

Last edited on Wed Sep 21st, 2016 12:08 am by frankiej

Posted: Wed Sep 21st, 2016 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
this was my promotion !!  simple!!!

Attachment: Scan0012.pdf (Downloaded 95 times)

Posted: Wed Sep 21st, 2016 03:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Good promotion! How true. A property is worth what someone will pay for it.

Posted: Wed Sep 21st, 2016 06:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
San Carlos is spread out and doesn't have convenient village transportation like other tourists destinations (thinking Pulmonias in Mazatlán for instance) so a car is a necessity once you get here. Complimentary offers with local car rental outfits might make the air travel even more attractive. Unless you've got a car parked in the garage of the San Carlos home you already own, you're going to need a way to get around.

Without getting into allot of details, I'll cite two scenarios using the most basic of autos available from Sixt.
Chevy Aveo, four door stick shift, power steering and AC. I'm including Top Coverage Loss Damage Waiver Insurance because the other options expose the renters to too much risks and large holds on their credit cards. I'm including unlimited mileage to reduce variable costs and airport pickup/dropoff for convenience.

Two Weeks: all-inclusive costs $600usd
7 days: all-inclusive costs $325usd

If you are a tourists or real-estate buyer, 1 to 2 weeks is probably your stay. Obviously, the dollar to peso exchange rate has lowered these prices in relation to previous years. An easy means to book these cars at the airport through one of the Paradise-Sands, Paradise-Tours, Paradise-Air, etc.. entities might be nice?

Latest news from their blog, today Sept 21, 2016:
"Thank you for your comment, we do not have a specific flight start date due to changes in a new US-Mexico Air Transportation agreement that went into effect the end of August of this year. We have added you to our information email list for future updates. Thank you."

Last edited on Wed Sep 21st, 2016 06:07 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Wed Sep 21st, 2016 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I would love to have Pulmonias here!

Posted: Wed Sep 21st, 2016 06:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Or even a fleet of 2 row (1+3pax) electric golf carts. But that's another thread. lol

Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2016 12:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
"AIR/UBER" ;  i have personally hitched private plane rides out of san carlos to tucson,  tucson to san carlos!
there are many private planes arriving and departing here daily and weekly.  many times all the seats are not full!
i never paid but always offered $100/150!! 
if this could become an acceptable way to fly to tucson,  many private pilots would be glad to accept the $100/150 to help off set fuel costs!
the air/taxi concept is used world wide with success, ie; alaska, canada, south africa, austrialia,ect!!
just an idea!!

Last edited on Thu Sep 22nd, 2016 01:01 pm by frankiej

Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2016 10:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Frankie , where do you find those rides ??

Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2016 10:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
from friends!  if you speak spanish you can call the airport director and ask him to be on the look out for you!

Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2016 10:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Ok, Thanks frankie. I guess my Spanish is still limited , especially at the phone .
I am more looking coming back from Phoenix at Oct. 7 .

Last edited on Fri Sep 23rd, 2016 10:49 am by happy camper

Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2016 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
It's against FAA regulations for a private pilot to accept payment.

Posted: Sun Sep 25th, 2016 01:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
That's a real grey area. You could argue that you are simply splitting fuel cost, it is different than "aircraft for hire", where the pilot is out for a profit.

Posted: Sun Sep 25th, 2016 02:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
a couple of my hitched fights where on corporate planes with commercial pilots!

Posted: Mon Sep 26th, 2016 06:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
regardless of the legal issues involved...
hitching GA plane rides is not a sustainable means for bringing the number of people you folks wish to attract to return to the Hay Days of the Real Estate Boom and all it's associated hubris to San Carlos.
you're going to need a bigger plane...
(funny, we actually have commercial air service for hire here in Alamos again... a little 4 or 6 seat plane.  takes off from the runway every day or so (I'm staying at a hacienda right off the runway, I'll have to go over and check it out)... of course it's not international)

Posted: Fri Sep 30th, 2016 04:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
falcon20pilot

Mana: 
I'm a bit late to the party, and we have thread drift, but I wanted to put in my 20 pesos on the ride sharing. 
Flying is what I do and the regulations under 14CFR 61.113(c) are not grey and are backed up by General Counsel opinion of 2011. These actually only apply to private pilots, or commercial pilots who are acting as private pilots for their own purposes. 
The sharing of expenses is allowed provided the passengers and pilot have a common purpose. Everyone on the aircraft coming down and fishing together and returning would apply. 
Sharing expenses when the purpose of the trip is nothing more than traveling from point a to b is totally and completely illegal. 
It's all good until you you get caught. Trust me there is no grey area this has been litigated many times. 
Mike

Current time is 01:14 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Direct flights from Tucson to Guaymas Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems