San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
P paradise airlines  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2017 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
161st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Limey was "right on", but I feel sorry for all the "head in cloud" folks that purchased these coupons. If one has spent anytime in Mexico, you would vet a new restaurant with more vigor than was given to vetting this new start-up venture here in Guaymas/SC. That is not to say, the people involved in the start up are not culpable. I hope the purchasers of these coupons will have the opportunity for a refund, no matter what the circumstances of the Airline are......good luck.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2017 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
162nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: Limey was "right on"
john, what revelations changed your mind???????

Posted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2017 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
163rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Oh, did I ever goof, it was Fern and I with our head in the clouds.....never changed my mind, just using the limes parody...meaning, anyone that bought coupons, had their head in the clouds...still don't think it is/was a scam.

Posted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2017 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
164th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i have several questions for those who purchased prepaid tickets.
* where there ever DOT, FAA, documents displayed?
* where there mexican documents displayed?
* was a business plan offered for review?
* was a financial statement offered for review?
* was a copy of the agreement with maquiladoras shown?
CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Posted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2017 05:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
165th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Frank, I saw none of the documents. I guess I just used my old trust, belief, and "wanna see it happen" mechanisms. I probably bought right up there in the most category of coupons. Still have my fingers crossed, another olden time thought process?? Just thought our kids might get a chance to visit more. Ron

Posted: Wed Jan 4th, 2017 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
166th Post
Limey

Mana: 
Every one who has purchased ADVANCE tickets should go to the resturant , order everything on the menu, take all your friends too... and when the check is presented tell them you are ordering in advance and will pay later..JA JA

Posted: Wed Jan 4th, 2017 07:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
167th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
These folks own Playa Blanca? They are also attempting to simultaneously start an Airline and a Restaurant?

Posted: Wed Jan 4th, 2017 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
168th Post
goldin

Mana: 
I went to Paradises office today to inquire about my refund. They now have a form you fill out. The ladies are not there, but we'll be back tomorrow. The guy there had NO answers for any questions. The second line in the form is to choose if you want a reimbursement or refund. Besides it meaning the same thing, I think their intent is to define whether you want cash or credit. They ask for your credit card number or your routing number. The guy there said the refunds will be processed this week!!! Good luck to all.

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 12:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
169th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
To the best of my knowledge they do not own Playa Blanca but there may be a marketing/sales tie in.

Bart

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
170th Post
hans

Mana: 
Go to the Office of Profeco, they are also specialiced if a Foreign Customers  that have that Kind of Problems in Mexico.
You will get fast a Refund or those People are in realy deep S.....t.

Last edited on Thu Jan 5th, 2017 01:16 am by hans

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 01:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
171st Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Bart is correct. Playa Blanca is owned by the Llano family. 

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 01:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
172nd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
hans wrote: Go to the Office of Profeco, they are also specialiced if a Foreign Customers  that have that Kind of Problems in Mexico.
You will get fast a Refund or those People are in realy deep S.....t.

Profeco,,,,,, Mexico's Consumer Protection Agency. Hans has always had good information. 

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 02:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
173rd Post
IronMan

Mana: 
IronMan wrote: If I have to hold my tongue any longer, I'll burst! This is the most comical string I have seen since the "new marina" accepting pre-payment for slips in the bahia....really!Just looking back on my post #20 in October...I think the most entertaining part (from the outside, waiting to see if this ever became an option for me!) is the "pre-payment" plan. How many who did that had ever made a similar "investment" and what prompted them to do it this time?

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 03:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
174th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Best "Soap Opera" I've seen/read in years.

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
175th Post
quagmire

Mana: 
Was passing through the TUS airport this week. No gates or ticket counters for Paradise Air. Asked my airline friends and they said that they have never heard of it. On another note, Aeromar has a really nice ticket counter and actually saw one of their aircraft. Flights out of TUS start at about $143.

Posted: Thu Jan 5th, 2017 11:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
176th Post
IronMan

Mana: 

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 01:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
177th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Ballenamar, I thought the LLanos invested at the end in the Playa Blanca project. Did they end of owning it outright or are there other owners as well.

I believe the people at Mimi´s Restaurant had the restaurant or worked at the restaurant in Playa Blanca but had nothing to do with hotel ownership as Ballenamar said.

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 03:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
178th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
Aeromar is AMAZEBALLS from counter to baggage. Flown three times personally and all were terrific flights. However, their website and telephone reservations suck. Can be purchased on Expedia.com but the advertised cheap seat prices don't show up there (Expedia fees?) The demand for an airline coming here has already been demonstrated. Saw in the news that Southwest Airlines is expanding it's Mexican service . . . but in recent months had to cancel 40 flights because of paperwork delays.

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
179th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
I saw that article about Southwest problems and cancelled flights.
Generally it is NOT easy to negotiate some businesses in Mexico and when you are dealing with the FAA and the bureaucracy on both sides of the border I'm sure it is a challenge.
All I can say is, if Southwest a big and experienced airline is having problems with flights to and from Mexico how easy would it be as a startup to get it done.
No excuses for Paradise Air,  but I suspect it is so much more complicated than imagined toget it going.
With the major airlines interest in Mexico now, I also wonder how much negative pressure they are exerting against Paradise Air.

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
180th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
If you reserved tickets and the fuel for your airplane just went up, do you think it is profitable for them to to fly now at the old ticket prices?

Current time is 03:27 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > P paradise airlines Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems