San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
P paradise airlines  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Nov 21st, 2016 09:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
Hook

Mana: 
390pony wrote: I have a husband to fly to Tucson for medical treatment. It's too painful for him to make the long ride back with me in my truck, so I'm really hoping the flights start up.
Can he make it to Hermosillo? There are flights on Aeromar from HMO to Tucson.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Nov 21st, 2016 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
We went by as well and closed for holiday. We were also informed that no boats or boating from Marina Real the 23rd. Marines are everywhere over there. Top of hotel and a pretty large camp as well. Not to rob this thread but does anyone know if he or they will be speaking to the public? Where or when?? Ron

Posted: Mon Nov 21st, 2016 10:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
390pony

Mana: 
Hook wrote: 390pony wrote: I have a husband to fly to Tucson for medical treatment. It's too painful for him to make the long ride back with me in my truck, so I'm really hoping the flights start up.
Can he make it to Hermosillo? There are flights on Aeromar from HMO to Tucson.
That is an option we may have to take.  I'm headed down on Wednesday, and coming back to Tucson on December 6th.  Hopefully, Paradise will have its act together by then.

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 01:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
aligato

Mana: 
From these threads, I am assuming Sunday was another no go...

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 05:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
George Gadsby pulled some stuff with me one too many times. I am through with Viva San Carlos.

I too am keeping the faith, and losing sleep because I have San Carlos Music Festival coming up Dec 9 & 10! Have had to re-route some folks with Aeromar and they are pretty reasonable. Hermosillo is OK, but I am really praying for flights in/out of Guaymas Airport. I will keep everyone posted here when developments occur.

Last edited on Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 05:44 pm by LeslieS

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 07:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
cheaper and faster if they walk

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 07:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
Fern

Mana: 
I talked to the office people today.  They will Definitely be flying 3 days a week in Dec.  Not sure about the rest of Nov.  

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 10:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
hahahahahahaha that's a good one Fern

Hope it's true but so many lies from them.

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 10:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
So, did they fly on Sunday, or not?

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2016 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
Today after chatting with their office folks at Paradise Air it seems clear to me they have everything lined up for December 1st. My family made other arrangement for Thanksgiving day rather than risk no flights being available. I am willing to see what happens in December and really hope it all comes together because we do need reasonably priced flights into Guaymas. I for one am keeping the faith another few weeks.;)

Posted: Wed Nov 23rd, 2016 01:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
I gave them the benefit of the doubt the last three times, all with assurances from their "front office". The owner refuses to come forward with any concrete progress reports and now it's all up in the air again, so as for me, strike three and yer out!!

Posted: Wed Nov 23rd, 2016 01:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
StuAz

Mana: 
I agree with Richard. A quality company does not treat customers or potential customers in this manner. Given their track record so far, they are a Show Me story not a Tell me story and that applies to safety in the utmost.
Should they every begin flying, I would wait at least a month and see how they do safety wise first and on time a distant second.

Posted: Wed Nov 23rd, 2016 03:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
monty

Mana: 
FlyMex of Toluca Mexico.Mmmmmmm?

Posted: Wed Nov 23rd, 2016 10:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
If they are still flying the CRJ200 from CalJet, well good old fashion economics are a factor. It's always hard to come by hard data on Direct Operating Costs. Used to be able to find this info easily on https://www.transportation.gov/ , but it's harder to locate it now.

However, Atlantic Southwest published it's Direct Operating Costs in 2001 to the DOT for it's CRJ200 operations.. The figure was $1,170 usd an hour (block hour of flight) back in the day.

(DOT source document is now missing, my info is a summary from http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=103513) Block hour costs are broken down to crew costs, fuel/oil, rentals, depreciation, insurance, taxes, direct maintenance and maintenance burden (time lost to a plane going tech or loss of revenue to C&D checks).

Block Hour costs assume a depreciation schedule of 20 years on an airframe, though some began to grow that to 25 years. Not sure what a depreciation schedule would look like for a well used plane. Depreciation might be a smaller number nowadays for a CRJ200 if it receives allot of use.. if it's lightly used than that depreciation is spread across fewer hours, meaning higher block costs.

They are no doubt wet leasing (someone else's plane/crew/etc...) so those cost would be higher than a direct operator like Atlantic Southwest. And then take into account inflation from 2001. I hope they can pull it off.

Regardless of how their math works, they have real costs each time that guy flies... (here's an interesting document from 2015 on regional jet economics: https://www.aircraftcostcalculator.com/media/183553/crj200_embraer_145_operating_costs_aircraft_operating_costs.pdf .)

Last edited on Wed Nov 23rd, 2016 11:07 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Thu Nov 24th, 2016 03:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
buckster

Mana: 
The plane that flew over my house the other day just flew over my house and turned on final to the airport. I think they are in business. I is a pretty blue jet

Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2016 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Tomorrow will be the day.. Dec 1st. First flight.

Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2016 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
Fern

Mana: 
I have the tickets and confirmation!!!!!!   

Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2016 10:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
monty

Mana: 
 Fern, what time is the plane landing in San Carlos, we may come out and watch? Thanks.

Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2016 10:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
79th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
If it does, it will be Gym, not SC.

Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2016 11:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
80th Post
Fern

Mana: 
It is to arrive at 12:35 from Phoenix.  And at 2:30 from Tucson.  To Guaymas.

Current time is 11:37 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > P paradise airlines Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems