San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
P paradise airlines  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
261st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
using a charter can be expensive! if it was offered for group sales 2/3 times a week for flights round trip.  it might be an affordable option for air service in an out of guaymas!
bullshipper and ian maybe you guys might want to do some home work regarding group charters 2/3 times a week.

good luck guys and hope to hear something from you soon!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
262nd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
At the moment the McClellan-Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, California has no commercial flights, only private flights.

California Pacific Airlines is a re-startup based in Carlasbad, California. Their plans in 2016 were to operate 3 Embraer ERJ-135 planes (a 37 pax plane, probably good to start the Tucson/Guaymas route) and later add an Embraer 170. Check out FlyCPAir.com for scheduled commercial airline service. Maybe this is the one.

Now the letter mentioned a CRJ700.. It it's a typo and they meant to say Embraer-170, well that could refer to the bird that was leased by Version1 of California Pacific Air that had to be returned back to it's lessor (it still bears the livery, so it's a possibity). So maybe CPAir v2 is getting it back and that's what is being referred to. If Frank is certain on the CRJ700 and it's not a typo.. well that destroys that theory and we can dispose of the two paragraphs I just typed. LOL. ;) 

United was the last commercial airline operating out of Carlsbad, pulling out in April 2015.

Found this article interesting about McCleelan-Palomar Airport (the Carlsbad, California airport).

http://www.seasidecourier.com/business/runway-length-remains-biggest-challenge-for-mcclellan-palomar-airport/article_df406fd2-f49a-11e4-8445-537fb4a14e63.html

Basically states when Skywest (the affiliate who operated the UA flights) upgraded it's fleet from props to jets, it could not continue in Carlsbad as they would be removing the EMB120 (prop)  from service and the regional jets could not operate out of the 4700 ft runway.

The next two other articles are again about CPAir, the airline trying to restart in Carlsbad. 

http://www.thecoastnews.com/2016/03/...ine-expects-to-begin-flights-soon/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...0/california-pacific-airlines-faa/

The 95 year old owner has been trying for years. They are having to reapply to the DOT for their airworthiness certificate as well as other obstacles.

Frank wrote the letter about an airline out of Carlsbad... these are the only facts I could dig up so far..

Last edited on Thu Jan 26th, 2017 12:31 am by odwyerpw

Posted: Thu Jan 26th, 2017 12:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
263rd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
More news on Carlsbad's McCleelan-Palomar Airport (cite of Frank's referenced airline that will provide service to Mexico).

In May they applied for funding under the Department of Transportation's 2016 Small Community Air Service Development Program. Specifically:
Carlsbad, California
Seeks $100,000 for marketing program funds in support of any new commercial airline service entrants at the airport.

There are currently two charter/airtaxi type operators out of CRD (Carlsbad).
Surf Air (operates Pilatus PC-12 -8pax)
JetSuiteX (operates Embraer Phenom100-7pax and ERJ-135-30pax)

Maybe CRD was awarded the DOT grant and they used that money to lure Frank's airline.

A commercial airline that will operate out of Carlsbad in April would have all of it's paperwork in order by now or at least filed... Especially one that flew a Bombardier CRJ700 or Embraer 170. (unless that plane is only for the Tucson/Phoenix/Guaymas legs, then it wouldn't be scheduled out of CBD)

Anyway, Frank wrote about an airline out of Carlsbad... so just doing a little bit of due diligence..
*edited for misspellings

Last edited on Thu Jan 26th, 2017 12:23 am by odwyerpw

Posted: Fri Jan 27th, 2017 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
264th Post
hans

Mana: 
And i still think Paradise Air should be reported to Profeco.What Frank did is against the Mexican Law.The People that got the Tickets , got a legal Mexican Invoice showing also the Tax they paid?I think they also will have a Problem with Hacienda.

Last edited on Fri Jan 27th, 2017 02:02 am by hans

Posted: Mon Jan 30th, 2017 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
265th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Any "new, substantiated, news"??

Posted: Mon Jan 30th, 2017 11:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
266th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
I've been in contact with a guy who knows what's scheduled at the gates in PHX (Sky Harbour) and another who knows what's happening in TUS (Tucson) and both of them tell me they haven't seen any new developments for intl air service to to/from Guaymas. This has been their response for each of the advertised Oct, then Nov, then Dec Paradise-Air inaugural flights.

I would guess with his latest communication, he's bought another 3+ months (end of April / start of May) before his ticket holders start to pressure him again if they put any stock in the promise of the new un-named air service.

It's the mention of the 70pax Bombardier CRJ700 that has me puzzled. That's a big plane to fill for the route. A route that's had no service for years doesn't just start with a 70pax plane, especially when it was a grossly failed route that couldn't fill planes. It starts with something like a Part 135 service operator ( who's planes can make a max of 5 round trip charter flights a week w/ less than 30 pax.. but those round trips can be multi-stop) or a 19 pax prop.

Somewhat like JetSuiteX is trying to do w/ their newly acquired used ERJ-135s w/ a reduced pax count of 30 instead of 37 might be appropriate. Interesting concept.

Not a bad looking barbie-jet.

JetSuiteX Part135 Public Shuttle Service w/ Embraer ERJ-135 regional jets

JetSuiteX Website

Last edited on Mon Jan 30th, 2017 11:35 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 02:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
267th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
 I fret over you folks who are unable to fetch your loved ones from and to Hermosillo. Are you so busy you can not drive 1 1/2 hours each way? It seems you have the money and want a FedEx style (to your door) delivery, why don't you hire them a Taxi to deliver them from the Hermosillo Airport to your door? Find a local Taxista to go get them for your lazy a$$. 

This post was edited to not offend the folks who have more dollars than cents [sp]. Viva Rojas!!! 

Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
268th Post
bachrachj

Mana: 
On our trip down we saw 6, count 'em 6 ambulances haulin' butt for Hermosillo. Maybe some were deadheads, but I'm guessing that some had customers. That's an awfully lot of ambulii (plural for ambulance?) for a 1.5 hour stretch of road. I understand peoples reticence to drive that stretch of highway if there might be an option.

Then there is the tourist angle, in which the service would facilitate easier access to San Carlos as a destination and thus increase the local's business. I don't think it's a matter laziness as you suggest, but a viable option for visitors and locals alike. I for one would like to see an airline at least make a go at it. Probably wouldn't use it, but I'd still like to see them try it out.

Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 04:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
269th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
In the Old days, when there was an airline servicing Guaymas I used it and found that it was very convenient.

But, When it comes to SC as a Tourist Destination I don't get it. For about the same price one can fly from the US to Mazatlan or another "True Tourist location". San Carlos is too cold in the Winter and too hot in the Summer. SC is not a Swingin' Place to visit. It is full of full-time or part-time, Gray Panthers who's lives, pretty much, revolve around "Whats for Supper".  

Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
270th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
jimmy , i agree with you, except for " to cold in the winter to hot in the summer. the same thing was said of phoenix and tucson in the ole days! now phoenix has a population of over 4,000,000 tucson over a 1,000,000  when i was younger there wasn't 1,000,000 in the whole state.

there are also many nationals who would be using an air service.

Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 08:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
271st Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Well, 90 degrees with 90% humidity =s Death. I have seen 125 degree heat index in SC.

Most prudent folks Flee in June till Oct. 

And, you don't see too many NorteƱos out and about in the Winter till about 10-11 am unless they are Bundled up. Not much swimming in the Winter either. 

When I was at ASU in the early 70's I was amazed with folks vacationing from the Northern states swimming in feb and march. There are always exceptions to any rule.

As for the Nationals using air service, I don't know any wealthy Nationals. All of my National family and friends are Poor Folks who wish for a car.

Last edited on Tue Jan 31st, 2017 08:46 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 02:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
272nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Gotta agree with Jimmy. There is a reason San Carlos hasn't grown up like Maz or PV. There is a reason that HoJos and Club Med have sold out.

It's the winter weather. Who wants to fly to San Carlos from the snowbelt states/provinces, with 60 degree water and strong, cold winds in the winter?

Back in "the day" when those resorts were operated by big companies, they subsidized the airfare. That made it cheap to get here. But word got out that it really isnt that warm in San Carlos in the winter. Especially NW of the Tetas, where HoJos and Club Med were. I doubt there were many repeat customers, after experiencing a week of wind and cold water here.

It's a bit ironic that people are hoping for service from the States when the real influx of new visitors is from Mexico. And most of those are within driving distance (HMO, Obregon).

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 03:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
273rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
August and September,  i agree are miserably humid!  but 42 degrees is better than -42 in the winter  than northern usa states and canada!
jimmy you are right there are exceptions to the rule,  we who have acclimated to this climate are in long sleeve shirts, long pants light jacket.  the northern staters and canadians are in shorts         t-shirts sandals!

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 03:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
274th Post
Hook

Mana: 
But 42 is still not 80+ with 70 degree water. And it is often 80+ from Maz, south. And most of those destinations have true international airports.

It will be the maquila factories that make or break the Guaymas airport for international flights. Too many other warmer, cheaper, direct flight destinations than Guaymas, for tourists.

Last edited on Wed Feb 1st, 2017 03:55 am by Hook

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 03:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
275th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
hook have you been here this season? the weather is all over the place! hot and cool!

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 04:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
276th Post
Hook

Mana: 
frankiej wrote: hook have you been here this season? the weather is all over the place! hot and cool!
LOL! Yeah, I have taken notice of the weather.

It's been a rather cool winter, Frankie. It's gotten warm recently, for sure. And the week ahead looks good. 

But it's also been one of the wettest winters we've had in the last 3-4 winters. 

The northerners/Canadiese are fine with this weather. But there is no replacing water that is swimmable. Maz appears to have water around 74. That's swimmable. 62 is not.

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 04:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
277th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the weekend of the 14th i was hunting in 92 degree weather!92 is hot to me and 42 is cool!
thank god we have enjoyed a little more rain!
this post is about the defunct airline, we have drifted from the post!

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 12:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
278th Post
edale99

Mana: 
I think you would be surprised at the increase in tourism if you had flights to Guaymas at a reasonable price. My dad lived in San Carlos for years and I would visit yearly. After he died I continued visiting as I had made friends with a few people. My last trip was the first time I had to fly to Hermosillo. Not a bad drive to San Carlos but the timing and price are prohibitive when you add in all expenses. As an example I can fly Bermuda/Hermosillo, $1200usd and takes a day and a half. Bermuda/Costa Rica, $650usd and 7 hours.

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 01:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
279th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Our discussion is still relevant to the thread. It explores how much demand there really is for Guaymas flights and what creates demand. We are winter-weather-challenged in the eyes of many tourists, I suspect. People want warm, bathing suit weather, if they are escaping snow and cold. Heck, most of the resorts dont even heat their pools, do they?

Where were you hunting in 92 degree weather? You must have been at least five miles from the coast. Probably more. Out by Ortiz?

Day before yesterday, we had our first day above 80 in San Carlos since probably early December. And only my weather station got that warm. All the others in SC were in the mid 70s.

Last edited on Wed Feb 1st, 2017 01:23 pm by Hook

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2017 01:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
280th Post
Hook

Mana: 
edale99 wrote: I think you would be surprised at the increase in tourism if you had flights to Guaymas at a reasonable price. My dad lived in San Carlos for years and I would visit yearly. After he died I continued visiting as I had made friends with a few people. My last trip was the first time I had to fly to Hermosillo. Not a bad drive to San Carlos but the timing and price are prohibitive when you add in all expenses. As an example I can fly Bermuda/Hermosillo, $1200usd and takes a day and a half. Bermuda/Costa Rica, $650usd and 7 hours.
Yeah, unless you LIVE near an airline hub that flies directly here,  it becomes a day and a half to actually get to San Carlos. And 1.5 hours of that is still a drive.

Current time is 12:36 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > P paradise airlines Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems