San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
P paradise airlines  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 02:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
241st Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I had a new email from Frank today, very encouraging. I do not know how to copy and paste and it is lengthy. Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
242nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
Just to be clear, is he saying that the plans for the airline have been abandoned?

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
243rd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
If you can't cut an paste what are the "highlights" of the email.  Hopefully people will be getting their money back at some point.  That 50 cents on the dollar and leave the coupons and money at Santa Rosa sounds like another 'soap opera' to me. 

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
244th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
kiwi, you are correct!!! why all the secrecy with SCV?  

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
245th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Here is the entire email for all of you ..

Although the Paradise Air program has incurred many issues and delay, we have continued to support and promote air service for Guaymas/San Carlos.

We have received confirmation from the US Air Carrier that their domestic program is very close to reality with multiple flights to western US locations from the Carlsbad, CA airport. The Mexico program will start soon after under the US air carrier brand. Reservations will be available directly in their reservation system.

It is confirmed that the Mexico Air Service program has been expanded to other locations in Mexico with additional routes being added from three origination points in the US. The air carrier with corporate headquarters in Carlsbad, CA will begin operation of multiple flights daily from Carlsbad Airport to designated locations in the western US. The flights will use Bombardier CRJ-700 64-seat jets for the service.

The Mexico program originally was service from two US locations, Phoenix AZ and Tucson AZ to Guaymas Sonora using a Bombardier CRJ-200 50 seat jet. The program was expanded in December to add flights between Phoenix to San Felipe Baja California, Puerto Penasco Sonora and Cuidad Obregon Sonora. A further program expansion was recently approved to add Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas as Mexico destinations.

Aircraft for the Mexico program has been upgraded from the Bombardier CRJ-200 (50-seats) to using the Bombardier CRJ-700 (64-seats). The cost per seat for the flights will be the same using the larger aircraft due to a nominal increase in operation cost basically in extra fuel cost.

The flight routes will be direct from Carlsbad to all Mexico locations to access the western US market that will feed into the Carlsbad airport on domestic flights and through Carlsbad CA - Phoenix AZ to all Mexico destinations for the connecting market from the central, Midwest and eastern cities. This provides complete flexibility in scheduling using the Mexico destinations as the inside turn points for the southbound routes.

The program will start in late April 2017 with launch of the reservation system in February 2017. The Mexico program will follow the domestic program by two weeks. All domestic and international flights will be available on the GDS (Global Distribution System-Expedia, Kayak, etc.) and included on screen in 80%+ of travel agency and travel promotion agencies. The budget for promotion of the domestic and international flights is $100,000 usd per month with multiple platforms to book flights, air/hotel packages and all-inclusive packages.

The Guaymas flights are the heart of this program and will receive priority by the air carrier. Our office will reopen when the formal announcement is ready to be made. Coupons will be valid for these flights indefinately.

Thank you

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
246th Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
kiwi and frankie my offer to buy your coupons is still good. bart has requested you pm me if you have coupons to sell. who i am is not very important. what is important is the color of my money,
frankie has already sent me a very rude pm. i guess that's why real names are not important.  

Last edited on Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:56 am by

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
247th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Thank you Happy Camper, that's the exact email I have. Ron

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
248th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
You welcome Ron . If you need any help on how to learn on copy and paste , let me know . Its a few minutes learning course. :)

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 04:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
249th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
If I read between the lines there will no monies refunded for the coupons......,you will hold them until this new venture gets reorgainized. . Remember back in the beginning this was also the story of which plane etc. and it never happened.   For some reason I just don't think that Frank wrote that email ( and if not then we now have others involved...yikes) and it sounds like they are lacking in putting their "ducks" in a row again.  

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 01:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
250th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the first sentence in post 245 says it all!  he continues,  referring to the us air service and the mexican air service as a second party,  not paradise air!
SCV,  i find it curious i have no PM log for you?  please feel free to post the communication you say i sent you!!

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
251st Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Thanks again Happy Camper. I should add that Frank also told me in an email a day or two before that he would refund the money if that's what I wanted. Has anyone actually gone down and visited with his wife here in San Carlos? Does anyone know the countless hours and meetings and miles and money it must require to attempt a startup such as this?? What would it mean for tourism, hotels, eateries, real estate and builders and local labor to support the same? It's been some years that my kids/grandkids have flown in here, from about 400. US to near 1400.US just before they shut down Guaymas service some years back. Gillette, Wyoming to San Carlos is near a 3 day drive one way. For working folks that have a couple weeks vacation, it's prohibitive time wise and cost wise. Gillette isn't as far from San Carlos as many US or Canadian homes. Would it not be a good thing to go over and fight the lines at the Guaymas airport to board or have your passport checked? For now, I gotta keep the faith. Ynot

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
252nd Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Personally i have no intention in giving up my coupon yet. If we have to wait a bit longer, so be it . I will give them a change , to see if it works , but until then i can wait.
Driving to Hermosillo for a flight or picking up guests is just not that convenient anymore .

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
253rd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Whynot: What you said about having air service into Guaymas is the reason people like you were so optimistic about this "deal". Everyone wants airline service here but this person Frank saw something and took advantage of it........big time. Notice he is not giving the name of the US air carrier nor the Mexican air carrier and it's just next month that he's saying it will be running.  Meantime where is the money? Which side of the border and Frank jumps back and forth across like a jumping bean and we know why. 

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
254th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
kiwi, a correction. he says the program will start up late april , 2017. not next month!

Last edited on Tue Jan 24th, 2017 03:51 pm by frankiej

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
255th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
You are so right Kiwi. It will not be this year that I invest in the bridge over to "Honeymoon Island" or the marina where Nacapule Canyon empties North of town. BUT I did this with my eyes open and still think it would be the biggest thing to help San Carlos in many years. I'll be the optimist and hang on for a while. Guess I'll enjoy today's sun and maybe later on a Tecate. Being here helps me appreciate how many days and years I worked in sub zero temps in the oil patch in Wyoming. Enjoy the day. I'll post my outcome when it happens. Ron

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
256th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Yes, Frankie I got it wrong  as to the dates but still no name for the carriers he talks about and I think that's odd.  Ron, Yes you are like me an eternal optimist and we will hope.

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 05:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
257th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Anyone have an idea what it costs to charter a Cessna from Tucson or Phoenix for 4-5 passengers to Guaymas?

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 05:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
258th Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
There is a flight special leaving Tucson on Thursday Feb 9 to Hermsosillo, and returns Sunday Feb 12. Part of the San Carlos Music Festival and only available for a couple more days from Leslie Sahlen 226-1741. It is Aeromar Airlines.

Frank and Paradise I believe are working with Cal Jet and starting in late April?

I for one am crossing my fingers for Gauymas Airport service, In the meantime, Aeromar is guaranteed and usually on time.

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 05:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
259th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Attached

Attached Image (viewed 128 times):

Screenshot 2017-01-24 10.41.00.png

Posted: Tue Jan 24th, 2017 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
260th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Monarch Air Group - sorry should have added.
http://monarchairgroup.com/tucson-private-jet-and-air-charter-flights/

Current time is 06:04 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > P paradise airlines Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems