San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Newton  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 09:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
141st Post
Tappan Zee

Mana: 
Just received a short email from the man watching our boat.  Tappan Zee is fine.  No info on other boats but he said there is no electricity or internet at his office and he is replying to people from his home so he was delayed.  Good luck to others.
Annie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 10:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
142nd Post
jengordon

Mana: 
Where is Tappan Zee?  My boat is in Marina SC Seca work yard, and haven't seen any pics yet of that area.  Haven't received email or call from Marina so I suppose that's "no news is good news?"  I hope....

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
143rd Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Does anyone here have one of the other "Gitana"s at Marina SC Seca?  Omar sent me pics of the wrong boat - name is printed midships - PM me and I'll forward

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 10:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
144th Post
joncyn

Mana: 
We sent and email to SC Marina Seca just received a very prompt reply from them with pics our boat was damaged but not as much as some power must be back on and they seem on top of the situation

Good luck to everyone else if we hear more we'll post

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
145th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
I just tried to post pics and I lost my post and pic because it said my file is too big. What should I do to post multiple pics and diminish the file size.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
146th Post
JZ

Mana: 
jengordon wrote: JZ - IMHO, That comment is just rude and mean hearted.  It has been very difficult to reach anyone.
Why?  I've been talking to people for two days.  Sounds like ppl just left their boats without people looking after them and/or don't have local friends.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
147th Post
JZ

Mana: 
palmadita wrote: I just tried to post pics and I lost my post and pic because it said my file is too big. What should I do to post multiple pics and diminish the file size.
Upload to photobucket.  Link here.

Alternatively, you can open it with Paint (all Window computers have it), then on the top left there is a "Resize" button.  Photobucket is better, but this may be easier for you.

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:36 pm by JZ

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
148th Post
jengordon

Mana: 
JZ - Do you really want to get into this?  My closest friend there and the person who is on hand to check on the boat happens to be traveling out of the country this week.  Another friend is in the States and worried about his own home in SC.  Both of them are willing to help but are not physically in SC at the moment.
I have had a difficult time reaching anyone at Marina Seca for months - with many phone messages and emails left unanswered.  I "know" dozens of employees and contractors there but have yet to reach anyone.  Especially the past few days.

Overall, I have not spent any time living for an extended amount of time in San Carlos so no, I do not have an established set of local friends.  We had hoped to move our boat back home (to Alaska) last year but ended up with some repair issues that precluded that plan. We are working and raising a family, not retired so doing the best that we can under the circumstances.
So that's the whole story.  I am not begging for help, just hoping that if someone local happens to have a photo of the work yard could they please post.  I really do not appreciate your judging those of us who are not able to live there full time.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
149th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
Jengordon, I understand your frustration! I have been to Marina Real seca this morning, but not Marina San Carlos. Much of the town is without power. It sounds like marina San Carlos does now have power. In this case, you are right, no news is good news. Hang in there. This is a great place to visit and live. If you like, I will go find your boat tomorrow and take a pic and send you news. What is your boat's name, where is it in seca, and is it a sailboat?

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
150th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
JZ, I will try photobucket. I am on an ipad

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
151st Post
390pony

Mana: 
Finally got hold of my husband, he's seen our boat, and all is well.

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
152nd Post
palmadita

Mana: 
I am really not able to post pics on here. If anyone wants to see my pics of some boats in Marina Real seca, like Orca, and red bottom boat, contigo, please see my post on Facebook. My name is Patricia Adams

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 12:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
153rd Post
JZ

Mana: 
palmadita wrote: JZ, I will try photobucket. I am on an ipad
After you get it uploaded there, copy the link.  Then come back here and type:

[ img]link[ /img]

But remove the 4 spaces and replace "link" with your file link.

Last edited on Fri Sep 9th, 2016 12:29 am by JZ

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 01:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
154th Post
jengordon

Mana: 
palmadita, thank you for your offer - I just this moment received word from Marina Seca SC that the boat is fine and they sent photos.  
I am posting one here - because some other boats are also visible, if anyone else was curious about seeing the work yard.  I'll post a few more after this

Attached Image (viewed 347 times):

image012.jpg

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 01:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
155th Post
jengordon

Mana: 
another of work yard at MSC Seca

Attached Image (viewed 344 times):

image010.jpg

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
156th Post
jengordon

Mana: 
and one more....if anyone would like the originals please PM me and send and email, I'm not sure the quality is very good to begin with but might be more zoomable that way.

Attached Image (viewed 353 times):

image008.jpg

Last edited on Fri Sep 9th, 2016 01:08 am by jengordon

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 02:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
157th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
So happy for you, jengordon! Jz photobucket isn't supported on iPad.

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 03:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
158th Post
Tappan Zee

Mana: 
Jengordon, I'm so glad your boat came through o.k.  Our boat is in the Marna Seca San Carlos storage yard, not the work yard.  Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm itraveling in Switzerland right now and we are 9 hours ahead of the western Pacific Coast and so I went to bed after my last post.  Maybe we'll see you out there next season.  Cheers, Tappan Zee.

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 09:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
159th Post
Flamenco

Mana: 
Any news or pics from Marina Real?  Thank you

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2016 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
160th Post
Orca John

Mana: 
Hello Palmadita - There are too many Patricia Adams' on FB - I can't find you.  You mentioned Orca - there must be a couple of Orcas?  My Orca is a white, Tayana 42 sloop in the Marina Real storage yard.  I assume you weren't referring to her?  I'm still searching for info on my boat and cannot get through to the marina or any of my contacts (despite the oblivious posts form snarky JZ - he needs to go away).  Thanks for any help

Current time is 09:55 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Newton Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems