San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Newton  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
121st Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
Thank you SV Indigo...  I really appreciate the photo....  Here's the thing.  SV Shannon's Spirit didn't go into row D until Feb of 2016 (we left early due to repairs and weather).  The 'after' photo shows one dark hull on the right (perhaps Indigo?) but I can't really tell if SSpirit is in there....
In Oct 2015 Shannon's Spirit was in the works-yard from Oct 7th until Nov 4th., when she was launched at the Marina. She was returned to the works yard and then to storage (in the hurricane pole section) on Feb 8, 2016.

Thanks so much for the photos....  wishing you all good luck at finding out info re each of your boats...  

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
122nd Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Received a quick note from our contact, she says that MReal-Seca fared better than MSC-Seca (she went by both) - but MSC-Seca had staff on sight and will be notifying affected parties, so maybe "no news is good news".  They are still w/o power so can't send pics yet.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
123rd Post
svindigo

Mana: 
Shannon Spirit, I will see if i can PM you to get your email. I can send you a large version of my before photo so you can zoom. And I am sorry, I was mistaken with my timeline, amazing I forgot already when we left! My brain was thinking about when we put in, not when we hauled out and I flipped the dates. Didn't sleep last night. :)  This photo was taken in April 2016. So sorry. April 2016, everyone.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
124th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Has anyone been by Luis' shop? I'm still trying to find out if my cigarette boat, Tiburon Ballena, is okay.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
125th Post
jengordon

Mana: 
Thank you!   I'm going with "no news is good news" at this point.  Sigh.  Really appreciate the updates, everyone.
Gratitude and Best wishes to all,Jen (S/V Northern Passage)

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
126th Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
hello and thank you.... cjdaley727@gmail.com 

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
127th Post
gclan

Mana: 
We have a boat at Marina Seca San Carlos under the covered storage and have not heard any updates on this area.  Here are a couple of photos I came across on FB from Marina Seca San Carlos. I am not sure what row these boats were in the yard. Very sad to see the damage.  If anyone has any updates on the covered storage it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

Attached Image (viewed 342 times):

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 10.44.57 AM.jpg

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:01 pm by gclan

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
128th Post
gclan

Mana: 
Here is the other photo....this is Marina Seca San Carlos.  Tried to post a better resolution of the photo but file size was too big.  Don't have the link to share.  

Attached Image (viewed 246 times):

marina seca SC photo 2.jpg

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 10:51 pm by gclan

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
129th Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
Could I please ask that, when you post photos, you refer to the actual marina the photo is of.. not just Marina Seca....  but Marina Seca Real or Marina Seca San Carlos.
Thanks so much.. we've got to sort out this confusion.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
130th Post
soonacop

Mana: 
While the damage to our boats and homes is unfortunate, let's not forget about the community at large who have been greatly affected. The photo from La Manga puts things in perspective. I hope it's not representative of the entire area.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
131st Post
Chamisa

Mana: 
...or Marina Seca in Guaymas, right? Confusion only adding to heartache. We are all anxious, and we all realize what a mess it is...just praying nobody hurt. Thank you to all of you there and posting. Hard to be so far away (Florida) and unable to help.

S/V Chamisa, Marina Seca San Carlos - praying.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
132nd Post
Chamisa

Mana: 
Soonacop: where is photo you refer to of La Manga? And, when ANYONE knows how we can help people recover from afar, please post same.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
133rd Post
gclan

Mana: 
Chamisa wrote: Soonacop: where is photo you refer to of La Manga? And, when ANYONE knows how we can help people recover from afar, please post same.
Chamisa, the link to the photo of La Manga is http://tribuna.com.mx/notas/la%20manga-20160908-075948.jpg

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
134th Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Please post links as well - the links I posted have an option to "view large" then one can zoom in and stuff - the pics here are just too small.  Thanks!

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 08:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
135th Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
Mssg received from one of the boats in Marina Seca San Carlos.  They just ten minute ago received an email from the marina advising their boat is OK...  hopefully all hear something soon... best of luck everyone.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 08:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
136th Post
390pony

Mana: 
S.V.Gitana wrote: Please post links as well - the links I posted have an option to "view large" then one can zoom in and stuff - the pics here are just too small.  Thanks!
Check your computer settings, the pictures are good sized when I open them, not small at all.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
137th Post
gclan

Mana: 
I emailed San Carlos Marina Seca to check on our boat.  They replied and said it was fine and that they have a list of boats that sustained damage and have been sending emails with pictures to the owners.  If owners do not receive an email that means that their boat is fine. 

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
138th Post
TucsonChad

Mana: 
Marina Seca in San Carlos just let us know that our boat is fine - No knocked over boats in row G. Good lick to all!

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 09:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
139th Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
390pony wrote: S.V.Gitana wrote: Please post links as well - the links I posted have an option to "view large" then one can zoom in and stuff - the pics here are just too small.  Thanks!
Check your computer settings, the pictures are good sized when I open them, not small at all.

When I posted pic at #103 this site said it was shrinking it and is about 1/10 of the original - on the original I could zoom in and make out each individual boat and tell they were not mine, even tell what kind of anchors on the bows at the far end, not possible on the ones above :) - I open them in another window and zoom & just get blurry stuff I can't tell anything about (and I'm running dual 24" high res monitors). That's why I ask, mean no offense... (plus once should credit the source anyway)

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 09:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
140th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
Sailboat pictured above, "Quest" looks like it may have suffered more than "Minimal Damage", its mast snapped in half..I thought that picture may have been in the marina seca work yard..

Current time is 09:52 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Newton Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems