San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Newton  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 07:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
81st Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
We fared very well in Alamos. Just varied light to steady rain for about 24 hours. A steady breeze. No massive arroyo washouts.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
82nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
Sounds like power is starting to come back on and damage reports should follow. One friend reported 8.5 inches of rain and max wind of 145kph (90mph).

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
83rd Post
joncyn

Mana: 
S.V.Gitana
If you happen to hear from Marina Seca or someone down in SC as to the condition of the storage yard would you please post or send a pm
Not much info coming out right now I'm sure everyone is busy with cleanup

Thanks

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 09:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
84th Post
gclan

Mana: 
Please share any information on Marina Seca if anyone gets any updates.  We have our boat in covered storage there and are hoping everything is ok.  

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
85th Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
gclan wrote: Please share any information on Marina Seca if anyone gets any updates.  We have our boat in covered storage there and are hoping everything is ok.  
Hello, our boat broker has been in touch.  She says power is still out and lots of damge.  She hasnt been to marina seca yet but will try to get there tomorrow to take photos.  Sorry we dont know more.

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
86th Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Think I just IM'd with the same broker - said things were bad, but no details - but will know more tomorrow

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
87th Post
SF Bay Dude

Mana: 
Just had a phone conversation with one the yard guys in Marina Guaymas. He couldn't get into the yard but did a drive by and say boats toppled in the secondary yard. I didn't get a number because our connection wasn't great, but it sucks nonetheless. It seems some boats still had sails on their furlers, and looks as though they came undone and blew over.

I am also getting reports that Werner - older German gent with a dog that rides in the sidecar - lost his boat on the rocks. He is alive and being tended to, although I am unsure of his condition beyond that.

Heartfelt sympathies go out to those that are dealing with damages/loss. My heart has been in my throat all day, but I finally got word my boat is upright. I am breathing a huge sigh of relief, but still need to get a better handle on possible damages to solar panels & etc.

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 11:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
88th Post
Biscuit

Mana: 
Still anxious to hear that everyone is ok. Please check in/ post as soon as possible.

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
89th Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
SF Bay Dude wrote:
Heartfelt sympathies go out to those that are dealing with damages/loss. My heart has been in my throat all day, but I finally got word my boat is upright.

Ditto from us, really happy more people weren't hurt but really sad about the losses.  Heart rending seeing knocked over or, even worse, sunk boats... Glad your boat is still standing.  We'll definately let everyone know what we hear, I'm not one to share things I don't know for sure, but just heard that in Marina Seca San Carlos the worst looked to be in the middle, row E or F, but they weren't positive and will let me know as soon as they can and send pics.  Lights are all still out there with many lamp posts down...

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 11:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
90th Post
Orca John

Mana: 
If anyone visits the Marina Real storage yard, could you please post a quick pic of my boat Orca, she's in the NE corner of the yard. I would appreciate it so much.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 01:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
91st Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
This webcam came back on line a bit ago in SC, can't see much at the moment, but something at least...
https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/webcamstraveldot/17330/show.html

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 02:04 am by S.V.Gitana

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 02:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
92nd Post
cjf1030

Mana: 
Keeping everybody in my thoughts.I finally managed to convince my family to come down and see San Carlos and we are going tomorrow. Not sure if I need to cancel on them or if anybody at the very least has updates on power outages.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 02:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
93rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
Power is coming back on. Just heard from people in Ranchitos and Loma Del Mar that have electricity. CFE is doing a great job again.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 04:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
94th Post
joncyn

Mana: 
Just saw pictures of Marina Seca today we saw or boat Alcyone down with several boats in row "D" as well this row was on hurricane poles so much for that feeling of safety if we hear anymore will post tomorrow

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 05:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
95th Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
looking to connect with anyone with info about boats in hurricane poles at marina seca san carlos.  please reply cjdaley727@gmail.com

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 05:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
96th Post
Rainshadow

Mana: 
Any more pics of Marina Real? We are still trying to get info about your S/V Rainshadow.Thx!

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
97th Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
can you confirm please if you mean Marina Seca..Real.... or Marina Seca San Carlos.  We are on row DC at Marina Seca San Carlos... where is your boat??

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
98th Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
to joncyn... the last message re which Marina Seca...

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 06:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
99th Post
boatbetty

Mana: 
Here is a picture of Marina Seca San Carlos front storage yard that I found on Facebook. There are also pictures of the main storage yard where boats toppled over, even
ones that appeared to be in 'hurricane poles'. Friends are going tomorrow to see if our boat is OK.

Attached Image (viewed 282 times):

Marina Seca San Carlos front storage yard.jpg

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
100th Post
Tappan Zee

Mana: 
Hi. First post here.  We are also looking for information on the condition of the Marina Seca San Carlos yard where our boat Tappan Zee is hauled out.  I don't know what row it is in, but if anyone has info, please post.  We also have Don, the boat broker in San Carlos, caring for our boat but he has not contacted us yet and I'm sure he is exhausted and hopefully getting some sleep.  If I get any info on the yard I will post it here.  Good luck to all.

Current time is 09:17 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Newton Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems