San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Newton  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 03:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
RichD

Mana: 
They are predicting 4 to 6 inches.   I think that is based on Newton keeping up this fast pace.  If it stalls over the sea, it could be a lot more.  I think you can expect outer bands to hit SC by late tonight.  That does not necessary mean rain but certainly the possibility of it.  The best outcome is for it to move quickly accross the gulf.  Right now it is moving over some very warm water.  Should start interacting with land early in the morning and weaken a little.  Wednesday is going to be a crappy day in paradise.

Attached Image (viewed 297 times):

Capture.JPG

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 03:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
I just wanted to thank you RichD for all your valuable insight. I'm sure they're are plenty of other members that appreciate your advice and knowledge. This is really the only news of it I'm able to follow as it pertains to SC.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 04:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Yes thanks Richard. Please keep it up.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 04:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Thanks for that. I am not an expert, just read what the experts say and try to make sense of it. This storm is serious. At 6pm tomorrow it will still be a hurricane and will be about 150 miles from San Carlos. Wind goes counter clockwise around the eye and it will pass to the West of us. That means winds starting from the East and shifting to the South and later shifting to the West as it passes. Strongest winds will be from the South, late Tuesday night into early Wednesday morning. Beach front facing South and West is going to take a beating. Hope the damage is not too much.  Swells from the West could continue to late Wednesday. 

Last edited on Tue Sep 6th, 2016 05:19 am by RichD

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 05:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
We noticed a lot of boats that are always moored in the Bahia exposed to the South winds are not there, they have been moved. I don't remember for sure, but I think I remember 12 or 13 that were torn loose and on the bank during Jimena. Tomorrow might be the day to get everything you need if you have no water or power for a few days. Think of your pets if they are outside pets. Get your tarp over your bed, (get prepared), LOL. Ron

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 12:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
weather underground is predicting 134 cc today and 7 cc tomorrow that's 8.6 inches of rain!!
i am reading the predictions at 4:30 am tuesday 9/6/2016

Last edited on Tue Sep 6th, 2016 12:40 pm by frankiej

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 03:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Cabo got hammered last night.  New forecast shows Newton still a hurricane at midnight as it comes within 40 miles of SC.  Kino will get hit hard tonight.  Get those candles out and fresh batteries for flashlights.  Not much time left to make preparations.  I sincerely hope everyone took this storm seriously and made preparations. 

Attached Image (viewed 248 times):

Capture.JPG

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
RichD

Mana: 
A quick note and some good news. 9am advisory shows some weakening as the eye is over land. Forward speed still 17mph so lets hope it moves quickly over the warm water of the SOC. Still a big threat not a time for complacency. If power stays on all night, consider it a minor miracle.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Right now La Paz is reporting 50mph winds.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I've checked with my school and right now there is no indication that the schools will be closed in the Gusaymas area. Classes are now in session and I'm planning to teach my class at 1 PM.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 05:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Maybe the schools will be closed tomorrow. Not going to hit till later.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Governors office has said schools will close 6th and 7th, apparently that is not the case, maybe late school today and all tomorrow ?

RD , great job as always, I see latest MX Gov advice is hurricane warning from Guaymas to Bahio Kino ..... Hope this thing dies down before crossing the sea.

Good luck to all.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 07:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
The longer it stays over land, the better. Currently it is West of La Paz traveling NW but turning towards the North. At this angle, it should cross about 110 miles of very warm water but if the forward speed holds up it will cross the gulf in only 6 hours or so. Shear conditions may help to keep it from gaining strength during this time. La Paz winds down to 44 mph now. Mulege might get hit again. They have had some bad luck the last few years.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 07:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
Thank you, RichD.  When I asked my better half where was the best place to get local information, you were recommended! 

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 08:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Ian:
I am on my way to teach a 1PM class. My school is out normally at 2:30PM -- in 2 1/2 hours. So, I doubt we will close today. 

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 08:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
we have lost power twice here at puesta only for about a minute each time.  12;45 pm

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 08:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
390pony

Mana: 
My husband, who is down there, just let me know that the military is evacuating La Manga and other beach areas and that there is a possibility of a tornado. Be safe.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 09:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Has it started to rain yet?

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 09:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
390pony

Mana: 
According to my husband, who just e-mailed me, it is pouring. He had to drive to a doctor's appointment and had his wipers on full power and still could hardly see.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 09:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
it has been sprinkling here at puesta since 10:00 that last hour it has been raining!

Current time is 05:37 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Newton Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems