San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
SERIOUS water returns!!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Hook

Mana: 
Is there ANY part of Mexico that isn't about short term gains over the long term welfare of a system? I can't think of one.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 10:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Has any one ever wondered why some areas of SC get water most of the time and other areas don't?  Shall we say that the more affluent areas (and I don't like that word affluent) such as Vista Marina, Puesta del Sol, Caracol Tourista and Pennisula, etc.  very seldom go with out water and if they do it's for a very short length of time.  The Ranchiitos has many Mexican families living in the area and maybe they CEA doesn't think they will do anything about it.  It is my understanding that the Mexican government must, by law, furnish water to it's people but they don't have to say how much and when.  I don't think Ranchitos has a storage tank as other areas have and evidently CEA doesn't want to build one for Ranchitos. All I can say is they better wake up because water is worth more than gold these days and they can not operate as they now do forever.

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 10:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
The Ranchitos is such a hodge-podge of pipes that even CEA doesnt fully understand how they operate.

But I can tell you that we havent been below half of a 5000 liter cistern in the last three weeks. We dont shower less, we arent watering much less. We do wait till water is near full (or even better, actually filling) to do laundry.

We have been getting reduced flows but we get water ALMOST every day. Not so with others just a couple blocks away.

Posted: Tue Jul 26th, 2016 03:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I live in the Ranchitos and have not been out of water for years. It all depends on the goofy distribution system but not all of the Ranchitos has problems.

Posted: Tue Jul 26th, 2016 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Hook wrote: Is there ANY part of Mexico that isn't about short term gains over the long term welfare of a system? I can't think of one.
My observation is; short term thinking.... Whats for lunch!     Long term thinking..... Whats for Supper!
The future doesn't seem to exist here.

Posted: Tue Jul 26th, 2016 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: Is there ANY part of Mexico that isn't about short term gains over the long term welfare of a system? I can't think of one.
The overland pipe line that brought water from Novio, most recently.

Posted: Tue Jul 26th, 2016 06:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i was working on a cistern in the royal country club yesterday. there was no water coming into the subdivision. i made some inquiries and was told it comes in sporadically!we have water coming in at puesta!

Posted: Wed Jul 27th, 2016 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
post #23 describes it best! CEA for the most part was and is only responsible for the main line! from that main line developers have spliced off for their projects! from those splices others have spliced off, so on and so on! i would venture to say the first splices where probably inadequate for the the demand they where to deliver for! there was never a master plan for san carlos much less the water system!  i was here during jimena, touring greater san carlos to view the damage i witnessed the exposed plumbing for most of the areas of san carlos! i was amassed to see all of the 1" PVC piping trans-versing miles and miles for it distribution! so i believe there lies the problem!!we have problems now, wait till the new subvdivision projects are on line at the entrance of the royal, behind san carlos country club and the project for over 100 homes out by paradiso!

Posted: Wed Jul 27th, 2016 04:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
we are quick to blame CEA for this overwhelming infrastructural problem! when the blame probably should also be focused on "urbano" they issue the permits!
CEA provided the main lines and there should be mapping for those lines! from there if "urbano" are to issue permits for developments, it should be "urbano's" obligation to provide minimum and maximum requirements! any tapping into those permitted developments should take into account the minimum and maximum capacity usage.
was this ever done? we all know the answer!!

Current time is 04:41 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > SERIOUS water returns!! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems