San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
SERIOUS water returns!!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jul 16th, 2016 12:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
In this latest episode of water shortages (about two weeks) we have been getting a very small amount each night.
This AM, it's still coming in at full force, right now!
Check your cisterns/tinacos. Make sure your float valve isn't stuck in the "up" position.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jul 16th, 2016 02:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
ezmony

Mana: 
Nada mucho at the 'ol "H" Brigade.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Posted: Sat Jul 16th, 2016 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Actually, Bill, it stopped coming in about 20 minutes after I posted this.

But that's not that unusual for it to shut off in the early AM, even when things are "normal" (whatever that is).

I saw Yeyita (sp) at a party last night, but didn't have the heart to question her about the situation. Big birthday party last night at Shots for several people, including Judy (one of the owners). She really put out some incredible FREE pupus for everyone. Her homemade jalapeno poppers are the best I have ever had.

Posted: Sat Jul 16th, 2016 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
It wouldn't make any difference if you ask her or not you will not get a straight answer and everyone in the Ranchitos knows that or at least I think they do. She is a very nice person but she only does what she is told to do.

Posted: Wed Jul 20th, 2016 02:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
we where out of water service here at puseta del sol since 9:00 am tuesday. the service returned today at approximately 6:00 am.

Posted: Wed Jul 20th, 2016 02:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
NADA on "H" for days now.....

Boy do we need some RAIN.

Posted: Wed Jul 20th, 2016 02:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Angel

Mana: 
frankiej wrote: we where out of water service here at puseta del sol since 9:00 am tuesday. the service returned today at approximately 6:00 am.
Yesterday I heard by accident on one of the local Guaymas radio (I usually don't listen to it) an announcement on behalf of CEA San Carlos that that part of San Carlos (from Sector Bahia and beyond to Puesta del Sol) were not going to have water service from sometime in the morning until the evening. Some repairs were happening in the facility across from Posada Beach.

Posted: Thu Jul 21st, 2016 02:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
wonderful

Posted: Thu Jul 21st, 2016 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
We have gotten water for the last three days at a rather unusual time; in the late afternoon.

Posted: Thu Jul 21st, 2016 03:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I am full. Ave N, Ranchitos.

Posted: Thu Jul 21st, 2016 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Nothing for about 24 hours. Company C, Ranchitos.

Posted: Thu Jul 21st, 2016 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
we are in a heat wave and it is expected to be hotter this weekend! the radio is announcing to have stores of water if necessary! sounds like a good idea!

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 07:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Hook

Mana: 
A welcome change. We are full up tonight on C. Water was coming in for at least 4 hours.

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 01:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
It did not make it to "H"................UGGGGG

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 05:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Seems like this will keep happening until they drill a new, deep, high capacity well. Talking to the people at the local CEA office seems a waste of time. I think that only someone with tremendous political clout can convince the state (CEA is NOT a Guaymas funded organization) to spend the money on a new well.

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 05:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i may be wrong, but it is my belief that the wells are on private property.the wells, pumps, casing, electrical, may be the property of CEA.i think they operate on a lease!

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Hook

Mana: 
If the well is in such dire straights, wouldnt the CONAGUA survey each year reveal this? I guess maybe it does.

I dont think even the state has the money or expertise to find a location for a new well. It would have to be situated well away from the current aquifer they are drawing from or what's the point of drilling a new well? That requires technical studies on where to locate it and new pipes. Seems very unlikely, unless the Feds get involved.

Whatever happened to Mel's desal plant he's been talking about for years?

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 07:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Hook

Mana: 
frankiej wrote: i may be wrong, but it is my belief that the wells are on private property.the wells, pumps, casing, electrical, may be the property of CEA.i think they operate on a lease!
Yeah, isn't it on Indian land or something? I keep hearing that the Indians break into the building, steal the A/C units, the pump overheats and then, here we are. No water.

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Well casings spaced more than 100 yds apart in shallow aquifiers let water seep to the sea.

Posted: Mon Jul 25th, 2016 09:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
over use of the aquifer also allows salt water to fill in from the sea! case in point the ortiz valley! the existing wells close to the highway are no longer pumping potable water.

Last edited on Mon Jul 25th, 2016 09:53 pm by frankiej

Current time is 09:13 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > SERIOUS water returns!! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems