San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
air service to Guaymas  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 3rd, 2016 10:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
buckster

Mana: 
What happened to the air line service to Guaymas that was supposed to start in june.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jul 4th, 2016 12:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I think in July. Paradise Air. Office at El Faro Plaza here in San Carlos. Ron

Posted: Mon Jul 4th, 2016 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
The latest is now September, according to one of the businesses that ponied up the money, in advance, to advertise in the in-flight magazine.

I wish I had asked her, "September of what year?"

The start date has now slid from March to September. What the hell is going on?

Posted: Mon Jul 4th, 2016 02:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
There is only one way you will find out the real info on the Guaymas lol Airlines, that is to speak with George Gadsby. This man has his finger on the pulse. This multi talented egomaniac is not only head of Air Traffic Control at Guaymas International, but now has taken on the roll of Weather Watch Person. Heaven help us.

Posted: Tue Jul 5th, 2016 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
darbone85737

Mana: 
Didn't they take advance deposits for airfare when it was announced? :?

Posted: Tue Jul 5th, 2016 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Yes they absolutely did. At a discount. I'm hopeful hat others bought some advance tickets as well. It is my understanding that you can get a full refund through the end of 2017. They can be used for one way or round trip flights to or from Phoenix/Tucson to or from Guaymas. They are also completely transferrable to family or others. This is first hand information as I understand it or I would not pass it along. Paradise' office is in the little "El Faro" center here in San Carlos. Hope this helps. Ron-Ynot

Posted: Tue Jul 5th, 2016 06:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
So, Ron, what is the latest start date they told you, when you went in their office? When were you last there?

Posted: Tue Jul 5th, 2016 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
PJ, it's been about a month or so. At that time the young lady was very informative and answered all the questions I asked. I have no axe to grind except for my opinion as to the fact I've said for years, that San Carlos will be well served by an air line that we can afford. Our "kids" are older and still working and have kids in school or working as well. Being from Wyoming and Colorado the driving time down is 3 days, return is 3 days. That's near a week or about half a vacation. Flights from Denver some years ago into Guaymas and return were around $400. US round trip and the kids came as often as they could. As the economy dumped there as well as here, round trip to and from Guaymas was around $1400. US or a little more. To a family of 4 or5, it prevented visiting here. We have many times driven to Tucson and picked them up and then returned them there. That is an expense to us. The young lady told me they were thinking late July depending on pending deals with the 3 airports and with Airlines. There are many details and red tape that to me would be very trying but they seem to be working out in stride. Please don't hold me to these names as I'm trying to remember. They are very pro San Carlos. You might go to FB and check out Paradise Air-Mexico. I may also stop by their office again. Don't know if I've answered anything or just rambled? Ron

Posted: Wed Jul 6th, 2016 01:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Thanks for the reply. 
I think maybe my info is more current on the start time. Even though it is second-hand, it is straight from a local businessperson who talks with the main guy quite frequently. I THINK this is the same guy who is acting as a manager of some sort out at Playa Blanca.
I understand the personal economics of how these flights would help your family. I just wonder if there is enough other families with that kind of demand, especially in the peak season.
Plus, there is no doubt that San Carlos is becoming more and more of a Mexican town than it has ever been. There seem to be fewer gringos buying property. Mexicans are probably less inclined to fly into here, as their drives are much shorter; Mexicali, Nogales, Hermosillo, Obregon, etc. 

Posted: Wed Jul 6th, 2016 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I think you're right on with the Mexican folks coming here. Both to build or buy or visit. Their middle class seems to have exploded while the North of the Border has vastly decreased.. I do think you have more recent info than I do on maiden voyage. I also think you're right about Frank at Playa Blanca. They have visited with many of the hotel/condo complexes and hope to add packages for vacation stays and air travel. Also the machinery/industrial companies in Guaymas and Empalme. I did stop by their office in El Faro yesterday about 2 PM. Their door says 9 AM 'till 3PM but they were closed. Will return today just for a little information. I could not see the US or local phone numbers on the posters very well but will try to get them today as well. Ron

Posted: Wed Jul 6th, 2016 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Hook

Mana: 
The maquiladores plants are often listed as a good source of passengers for these flights;  with their executives needing to come down and relatives of the gringo employees, etc.
But I have to wonder what percentage of the workers are actually gringos from the north that have a need for these flights? Is it really that many, on a weekly basis? Maybe so;  I hope the company has done sufficient market analysis. I always figured that the plants are 98% Mexicans, at least. Maybe not.
I know there are gringo employees of these plants that read this board. What percentage of your employees are gringos? Or, give us an aggregate number.
I will be very surprised (actually, pleasantly surprised, as I might use it once every 1-2 years) if this venture lasts more than two years.

Posted: Wed Jul 6th, 2016 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I don't know the exact answer to your question about maquillas Hook but I think the travel to Guaymas comes from people at the US based facilities. For example, Rolls Royce has a facility here and people from Wichita travel back and forth.

Posted: Wed Jul 6th, 2016 07:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
aligato

Mana: 
Glad I didn't buy "advanced" coupons, just replied to my 3rd "last chance" email from them and said I was not willing to buy anything until I actually see the airline operating....orignally March, now September.....hmmmmm...and not IATA members either.....

Posted: Wed Jul 6th, 2016 09:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
allot = to divide or distribute?

Posted: Thu Jul 7th, 2016 03:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
I have talked to them many times , yes it is Frank from Playa Blanca and i also have the coupons my self . They are valid until almost the end of next year and i can transfer them to anybody or just get back the money anytime if i wish so. They are having big plans and yes most of what you said above is through . Only time will tell if it will work out , but one thing is for sure, San Carlos is changing more and more.

Posted: Fri Jul 8th, 2016 07:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
This just was posted at there FB page ............

First, we want to thank you for your interest and participation in our new international air service program for Guaymas/San Carlos. We also appreciate your patience as we work to open for reservations to book flights and publish our flight start date, routes and schedules.
We are aware that there have been dates previously provided that have passed that were based on our original program of flight options from Phoenix and Tucson only to Guaymas/San Carlos. While we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused we remain confident that the program enhancements of the past couple of months have produced a much better overall program.
In late May we signed code-share (interline) agreements with two major international airlines, American Airlines and United Airlines. This is a major advancement in our service as this type agreement with a regional air carrier is very rare. This allows passengers to book a single ticket from their point of origin in American or United to Guaymas with a change of aircraft in Phoenix or Tucson. This is an inter-terminal change (not exiting the security area) and your luggage will automatically transfer. American and United Airlines have ~500 connections into Phoenix and Tucson making it easy to access from all parts of the US, Canada and internationaly. This required complete integration of our reservation system with the American and United reservation systems to allow connecting flights to be booked on corresponding systems.
 In addition to the above we have repositioned our flight time from late afternoon-early evening to mid-day to accommodate in-coming and out-going connections from Phoenix and Tucson. Our previous flight schedule was:
• 1:00 pm Phoenix – Guaymas 2:00 pm
• 2:45 pm Guaymas – Tucson 3:45 pm
• 4:30 pm Tucson – Guaymas 5:30 pm
• 6:15 pm Guaymas – Phoenix 7:15 pm
Our new schedule is:
• 11:00 am Phoenix – Guaymas 12:00 pm
• 12:45 pm Guaymas – Tucson 1:45 pm
• 2:30 pm Tucson – Guaymas 3:30 pm
• 4:15 pm Guaymas – Phoenix 5:15 pm
This required reworking our flight times at the three international airports to ensure we have designated gates available plus rescheduling ticketing/baggage, custom and immigration and ground services personnel.
The reservation system integration with American and United Airlines and repositioning our flight schedule to middle of the day was time-consuming but is complete. When we launch you will be able to book through our system or American/United if you choose to use as connector.
With the above complete, we have been working with all regulators in US and Mexico as well as the three airports to authorize our start date as we have been ready for some time. At this time we have been approved to start flights September 15, 2016. We are still working on earlier flights and will inform you as this develops. We anticipate our reservation system to be available within 7-10 days.
Finally, for those who purchased discount coupons we have extended the period for use of the discount coupons from May 31, 2017 to September 30, 2017. We do hope this date will accommodate your travel plans and apologize if causes any inconvenience.
In addition to the air service Paradise Sands Group, which Paradise Air is a part of, has also formed Paradise Hospitality, Paradise Tours and Paradise Real Estate. We know there are many people that will support the air service and also know that to sustain it indefinitely we must focus a part of our effort on increasing foreign tourism in the fall, winter and spring. Paradise Hospitality has agreements with 10 major hotels/resorts in the Guaymas/San Carlos area to promote air/hotel packages. Paradise Tours is positioned to offer local activities to the tourists to make their visit enjoyable and fun. Paradise Real Estate is ready to assist in the investment or purchase of property working with the local real estate agencies to find the right choice for your Paradise!

Last edited on Sat Jul 9th, 2016 12:14 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Sat Jul 9th, 2016 01:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
aligato

Mana: 
So now it is totally impossible for someone to get to or from Western Canada to Guaymas in one day with this airline, (or back for that matter) what started as bad connections has now turned into impossible connections...so glad I did not buy coupons and that Aeromexico still operates thru LAX to HMO!!! They would be better off switching Tucson and Phoenix.....Tucson is not a major airport, very few connections thru there from any where else....how on earth do they expect anyone to be in PHX by 9AM, in order to make an 11AM departure....impossible unless you are coming from the east coast....all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 9th, 2016 04:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
"This is the Captain folks; it's a little inconvenient for our passengers in Vancouver to deplane in Tucson, so we're flying past to stop off in Phoenix for them. Those of you bound for Tucson please stay on the plane and we'll get you there a little later today. Thanks for flying CanWay airlines and remember, "If you can't get to Canada in one day, what's the use, eh?".
:shock:

Posted: Sat Jul 9th, 2016 05:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
I know the times are not the best for everyone , but i prefer to be in Tucson or PH in one hr. and may be spending a night there in a hotel and take of the next day. If i go with the bus and spend the whole day in a bus , i still need to stay there over night anyway. All depends where one is going, since you will get many connections flights from Ph. or Tucson.

Posted: Sat Jul 9th, 2016 01:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I suppose if their scheduling isn't practical for enough folks, they won't make it.

I think it's probably their pricing that will determine their future.

Current time is 08:09 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > air service to Guaymas Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems