San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > This leak starts it's third day tomorrow

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
This leak starts it's third day tomorrow  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 05:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
For some reason my text was deleted when I updated the foto. This leak is on the main road in La Bahia, just after the hard right by Mel's house. If anyone is driving by this tomorrow please take a quick picture of it and post it on social media and here to with the hashtag #malditacea , since this little beauty is going on its third day now perhaps they will get to it Manana!!

Attached Image (viewed 243 times):

DSCN1530.JPG

Last edited on Fri Jun 10th, 2016 05:33 am by Vince Radice

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 05:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Here is a picture in the evening!!

Attached Image (viewed 248 times):

photo(5).JPG

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 05:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
It leaks there all the time - and this is hardly enough to get excited about. Quite often it's sewage - did you stick your finger in it? Why not get excited about the un-metered 1000 sm farms being overwatered for free in the Ranchitos.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 06:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
It leaks everywhere all the time, that is the point. This is why we just sent a letter to the governor with 50 receipts from water bills from all over the sector ranchitos. I suggest you go stick your finger in it! LOL No actually one of the executives from CEA should stick their finger in it, that would be much better.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
1000 small farms. Now that is a concept. A revamp of the system will not happen in my life time. It is after all, Mexico. I only regret that they can not seem to get it together to actually run the company efficiently. With what they charge, there would be plenty of water, very few leaks, and the people working for CEA might really be working. Looks like a pretty cake job from what I have witnessed over the last 35 years. Short hours, lots of driving around, staying in their vehicles, empty promises, and let us not forget, the frequent vacations. I certainly missed my calling. Should have worked for them.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
SM = square meters - not small

I don't give a shit if it is shit. I live up hill where Mel and I have water and the rest runs down hill.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 07:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I would suggest that you would give a shit if the wind was blowing out of the east and it was in fact shit that you were smelling.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 10:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
No - not even close.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I reckon some people like that smell. LOL :)

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 01:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the leak in the photo is probably fresh water, the smell if it where not would be overwhelming!  LTR, you need to get out and see different parts of mexico, it's not all like what we have here in guaymas / san carlos!  nice guy, you are a grumpy character! the only crap i see is from your posts and PM's!!!! SO IF YOU DON'T GIVE A SH*T STOP POSTING!!!  i have been here 15 years and at least once a month or more there is a leak in that general area, and through out the rest of san carlos!! THAT IS THE POINT!!!!!
THE INFRASTRUCTURE NEEDS TO BE REP[LACED!! WATER IN THE DESERT IS A PRECIOUS COMMODITY! 

Last edited on Sat Jun 11th, 2016 01:06 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
You have to understand many people in San Carlos have become cynical to the point of no return. Just look at some of the statements that are made on these forums. They believe that nothing in Mexico or San Carlos can change. I understand the cynicism but I choose to make the water issue a major issue because I know that sooner or later we will win and Guaymas will be forced to replace the infrastructure. Whether the money comes from the state or the feds I care not. They/CEA are in a sense replacing the infrastructure now, two feet at a time every time they patch a leak. The harder we hit them on this the faster it will happen.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I would add one thing. If the American and Canadian residents of San Carlos supported this issue I believe it would be resolved faster. The squeakier the wheel the faster it gets greased.

Last edited on Sat Jun 11th, 2016 02:37 pm by Vince Radice

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
so how does a water leak affect us?
is it just a temporary nuisance? no it is not; it becomes a health issue!! the fresh water is now contaminated! it becomes a breading ground for mosquitoes! the roads and structures are undermined!
so niceguy , you don't give a sh*t, you will when you get dysentery, giardia, or sika from the mosquitoes!

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
You forget to mention Dengue, which is a huge issue here, many people have contracted Dengue Fever.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I have seen many beautiful places in Mexico that were well run, CLEAN, and looked like they were out of a magazine. It is so sad that Guaymas can not get it together. It is one of the dirtiest towns I have seen in Mexico. The excuse being that it is a fishing village, but I have been to many fishing villages that were clean, and beautiful. Take a good look at Empalme, it has many parks, grown trees line many streets, and it is a lot cleaner....Monterrey looks like it is in Europe. Many beach towns on the coast of Mexico could be anywhere in the world, so why can't Guaymas get it together? Is it the corruption maybe? There certainly is enough of that. Thinking of moving further south into Mexico where the towns are cleaner, and the infrastructure is better.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Guaymas nor San Carlos does not have it together because of the complacency of its people. That is changing for a small group of people in the Ranchitos Sector of San Carlos because of grass roots organizing. Gringos are welcome to join!

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
LTR, BRAVO!!!! that was a thought out response far better than your post #5 where you state "after all it is mexico"!
all of mexico is not like guaymas/san carlos!!

Posted: Mon Jun 13th, 2016 02:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Sunday night still the same. Still running FRESH water. It's running water that us folks in Ranchitos help pay for and don't get. AND by the way, I've been to Vanessa and could not get a dog wash because they had no water. Reasonably close neighbors?? Ron

Posted: Mon Jun 13th, 2016 03:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
It will be a full week on Monday or Tuesday that it has been running. Every person in San Carlos pays for that water.

Our illustrious new mayor of Guaymas and our dedazo of a comisario care not about any of this.

In our interview on 90.1 F.M. the theme of the interview was San Carlos, Un Paraiso Perdido! The radio show host choose that name, he was right on the money though.

Posted: Mon Jun 13th, 2016 03:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I suspect there are some engineers out there who read the forum. Tomorrow I am gonna try to make a quick calculation on how much water has come out of that one leak. Any suggestions on the simplest fastest way to make a decent estimation of how much water has been lost from this one leak?

Last edited on Mon Jun 13th, 2016 03:57 am by Vince Radice

Current time is 10:59 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > This leak starts it's third day tomorrow Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems