San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lack of Water  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
will rogers

Mana: 
We could protest. Wave the American flag and burn the Mexican flag.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I have heard many Mexicans complain. They are not on this board. Some do not even speak english (imagine) Anyways, my point being, CEA has to change. They can not remain the same even tho they have tried hard for the 35 years I have been here. They did not pay for much of the infrastructure, they just had it done poorly. We were all accessed a large amount of money to put in the water and sewer, and it was down ALL WRONG. (not my opinion, that came from an engineer who worked in the field in the states, and watched what they actually did here.) One of the major issues I have with Mexico, and the water company in particular, is that there is no accountability. No transparency. Put those two items into the picture, and change would happen rapidly!

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 03:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
will rogers, you don't have to wave or burn any flags!you can participate behind the scenes and be very effective!there is no need for drama there is a need for activism, up front or behind the scenes!!! 

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 05:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
Just kidding Frankie. In case you haven't been watching the news nob that's what the Mexicans in the US do, wave the Mexican flag and burn the American flag.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 05:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
WR, you are correct, in that liver lilied, bastion of progressive liberalism (U.S.), they can get away with it. I would not try that here, because I believe in, and respect Mexico, and it's sovereign power. Obviously that is not how the immigrants, legal or not, see it when they migrate north.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 06:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I would like some specific examples of Mexican's waving their flag then burning the American one?

I don't respect any sovereign power if it abuses the rights of it's citizens and residents and then destroy's a resource because of ineptitude, corruption, incompetence or a combination of all three.

Ask people in Flint Michigan how they feel about environmental protection. How many years has heavy industry been allowed to dump into rivers and water ways.

Take a look at the dead zone in the Gulf Of Mexico. Ya get those damn progressive liberals off the back of industry and let us get on with business!

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 06:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
WR, i am quite a where of what is going on NOB! that's why i wrote what i wrote! burning flags does not accomplish anything it takes away from the subject and issues!you are the perfect example, you see a news report burning flags and the message or the issue, pass you!what became so ingrained to you was the burning of the flags not the issue, so much you used it here!nothing with ever be accomplished through idiocy and ignorance!

Last edited on Sat Jun 11th, 2016 07:00 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
Vince, it was all over the news with cameras at a Trump rally in San Jose. Protesters waving the Mexican flag and burning the American flag.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 09:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
390pony

Mana: 
And, it happened at other rallies, too.

Posted: Sun Jun 12th, 2016 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
will, do you see what has happened? 8 posts and what are we talking about, burning flags and not the issue!

Posted: Sun Jun 12th, 2016 01:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Some people are paying $3 per month in Guaymas and $20 per month in SC, and lots of people are not paying anything at all. Every time the government has tried to raise rates in the past to do projects, people object, so the govenment tries to keep installing cheap to keep up with a population that is doubling its numbers every 17 years with a 3% positive birth rate.
Sonora recently installed the Novio Dam pipelines 100's of miles to increase supplies, even while old cash cows like Pemex lost money instead of contributing,and huge cutbacks in Federal programs have also been placed. The government is running with deficits, so there is really no money for more improvements without raising rates.
And while I previously stated that its always good to fight the good fight, one must understand that any administration requires adequete funding to maintain, and much more to improve an aging water system.
So calling SC a cash cow for the CEA strikes me pretty funny, and I think that more complaining will fall on deaf ears and make it sound like you are burning Mexican flags and slapping the host that is trying to serve everyone the best they can with the budget they have for peanuts.

Last edited on Mon Jun 13th, 2016 02:32 am by Bullshipper

Current time is 07:05 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Lack of Water Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems