San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lack of Water  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 04:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
water bills are dependent on the infrastructure usage!! if you only consume water and use a private or have a community sewer system, you don't pay for the sewage amount of the bill!all water usage should be metered!!
it should be the responsibility of CEA to provide and install these meters! it's only fair and good business!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 06:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Water in Ranchitos is probably on a very shallow hardpan aquifier. A well will probably not produce more than a trickle, but a 1/2 gpm trickle pumped 24hrs a day adds up to 700 gallons a day held in a storage tank, and most people use 50 per day per person as an average.

A $75 1'5" diameter pipe spike can be driven 40 feet in a days labor with a $20 post driver so if you live near one of the existing arroyos that has some sand and gravel, this could be a solution for you.  Or, if you live down stream for people that are watering,you also have a good chance and of course witching for water is a common skill in Mexico.

Water is probably the most valuable commodity the earth holds, and without it, you investment here is worth nothing. With it, its worth more. I think its allways good to try to fight the good fight, but a small well may solve your problem sooner with less frustration, and you are entitled as a property owner to have up to a 2" diameter well on your property for domestic and agricultural use w/o applying for a permit, the last time I looked. A pither pump will tell you how much of an electric jet pump you need, and if there is no water, you can pull the pipe with a lever and pay your laborer to try another spot.
I have done a few in my time.

Last edited on Thu Jun 9th, 2016 06:51 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i am from arizona and in my 36 year construction career have had many wells built, i also have had wells drilled on 2 ranches i owned. one was on the rincon creek vail, az. 4 where on my family ranch along the hussyampa river, wickenberg,az! drilling a well does not mean hitting water! a 2 inch diameter does not give much option for pumping the water out! if you are lucky to hit water, you need to be deep enough in the aquifer to fill your casing! how much water will 2 inches of casing hold? it depends on the depth into the aquifer, water will only fill to it's level! sounds like a lot of money for speculation!
regarding witching, i usually only believe in facts or scientific evidence! that said; i am a true believer in witching! i have seen it work on many occasions!

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 07:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
It's worse in a lot of places NOB.

http://www.thenation.com/article/dry-taps-and-lagoons-of-sewage-what-americas-water-crisis-looks-like/

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 09:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Am I dreaming or have I heard that you can't get a permit to drill a well near Ranchitos? Contra la ley?? Ron

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 05:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
That's what I thought I heard somewhere also, maybe from all those dry places 3/4 way to Nacapuli but you get old and you wonder if you really remember what you're remembering !!

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 04:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Hook, if all they were asking for was 300 pesos, I would be very happy. If we lived in a perfect world, things would be different. My client had to pay a couple of thousand dollars (not pesos), to be able to sell their property, after spending five years in court (throwing money after the lawyers) to remove one of the Caballeros from her property. For that she had to pay all the back bills, that they left, and fix the house, because they trashed it on their way out. Water company did not respect the signed letter they had received five years prior. Please tell me that there isn't any corruption taking place.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 04:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Hook doesn't think it is a burden for poor people to have to pay 350 pesos a month for water yet it is a burden for people to come up with bus fare or gas money. It is a strange logic indeed. 

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 09:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Vince Radice wrote: Hook doesn't think it is a burden for poor people to have to pay 350 pesos a month for water yet it is a burden for people to come up with bus fare or gas money. It is a strange logic indeed. 
Comparitively, he's right. It costs 150 pesos in gas a day to go to and from Empalme, so that's over 10x what a water bill costs. And I think its still illegal for the CEA to cut peoples drinking supply, so 1/2 of the people you are using as an example, most likely haven't paid their bill in years.
Water has been a political football that hasn't improved in the +30 years I have been in Mexico. But everyone here already knows that, so good luck beating this dead horse again.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 09:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
And for 70 years PRI dominated Presidential politics in Mexico because mostly people did not demand change. Most people are sheep but every now and again a few wolves step up to the plate. I know a few wolves who are resurrecting dead horses.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 09:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Victor Roberto Parra Maldonado
5 hrs ·

"INFORMAR A UN PUEBLO...ES HACER PATRIA"
LA COMISARIA SAN CARLOS... ESTA DOCUMENTANDO SUS ACCIONES PARA RECLAMAR A LA AUTORIDAD RESPONSABLE LAS ACCIONES QUE SON DE AGUA... LAS TARIFAS PARA EMPEZAR: GUAYMAS PAGA $ 54.20 MENSUALES POR EL CONSUMO MÍNIMO QUE SON 10 M3 (10 MIL LITROS)... SÚMELE 35% DE DRENAJE... BOMBEROS...CRUZ ROJA...SAN CARLOS VIENE COMO COMISARIA TIENE UNA TARIFA $254.60 MENSUALES POR UN MÍNIMO DE 30 M3 (30 MIL LITROS)... RECIBE LA MISMA AGUA NO POTABLE... NO TIENE DRENAJE... NO TIENE ALCANTARILLADO... MUCHO MENOS TRASLADO... TRATAMIENTO.... DEPOSITO FINAL AGUAS RESIDUALES... Y COBRAN 212% mas que en guaymas...ESO SE ESTA DOCUMENTANDO... YA SE TIENEN 150 RECIBOS QUE PRESENTARAN FORMAL DENUNCIA ANTE EL AYUNTAMIENTO (21 REGIDORES... 1 SINDICO... 1 PRESIDENTE MUNICIPAL... QUIENES PRUEBAN LA LEY INGRESOS...Y EN ELLA ESTÁN LAS TARIFAS... QUE SE APLICA... ¡¡¡

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
RichD

Mana: 
I live in the Ranchitos. I have a meter. I have had plenty of water for the last 2 years. If i ever leave SC it will not be because of crappy infrastructure it will be because I am tired of all the complaining. This is a beautiful place to live.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 09:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
RichD wrote: I live in the Ranchitos. I have a meter. I have had plenty of water for the last 2 years. If i ever leave SC it will not be because of crappy infrastructure it will be because I am tired of all the complaining. This is a beautiful place to live.
x2, and its usually not the Mexicans that are complaining, unless you mention Vince.This got old years ago.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Ignorance never ceases to amaze.

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 10:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Vince Radice wrote: Ignorance never ceases to amaze.x2

Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2016 10:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
vince, i am proud of you for championing this noble cause!there are a lot of injustices occurring and it is easier for some to ignore or comment on those that do, than to stand up and do something about it! 

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 01:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Championing a cause and making a logical argument are two different things.

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 01:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
what is not logical? the problem as i see it is the administration of CEA! i firmly believe if all water consumption was metered there would be more money in the coffers, more money in the coffers means money to build and maintain! it could also factor in any price reduction and off set for some who are unable to pay
i wasn't born yesterday and realize we don't live in a perfect world, but attempting an effort is better than not attempting!

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
RichD

Mana: 
So you want the right to complain but you are upset when people complain about your complaining. Are you not seeing the irony here?

Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2016 02:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
this is a forum where people can express their views! some may agree some may oppose! if someone observes that on a regular basis water is being wasted through our antiquated water infrastructure and voices their concern on this forum that is hardly complaining, that is only an obvious observation!if that same person decides to become proactive and do something about it for the good of all why should they be belittled for it "complaining"?? 

Current time is 05:06 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Lack of Water Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems