San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lack of Water  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 7th, 2016 06:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bombero

Mana: 
Many people are reporting no water, or just trickles in the Caracol, Country Club, and Ranchitos, sectors, and others.  Guess it's that time of year?  Any ideas? 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jun 7th, 2016 06:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
On his blog, gg crows about his 7,000 gal cistern that remains full, while others around him and elsewhere are suffering without any water. What a guy.

Posted: Wed Jun 8th, 2016 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
bombero wrote: Many people are reporting no water, or just trickles in the Caracol, Country Club, and Ranchitos, sectors, and others.  Guess it's that time of year?  Any ideas? 
There was one hell of a break in the Bahia that may have been to blame. Look at all the rubble that washed down near Mel's house, Jan Rains house. It looks like what happens when a chubasco hits.

I am pretty close to GG and we were full this AM, too. I cant crow about 7000 gallons, though. 

What about others? Has the water come back for you?

Posted: Wed Jun 8th, 2016 01:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
We started getting water finally yesterday afternoon around 2:30. As Murphey's Law would have it 2 boys picked up a big rock and threw it at an exposed piece of 3/4" pvc pipe outside the fence and nailed it. Required about a half hour to  find some collars and pipe and had a small pond in the street but we got water. Greater Eastern Ranchitos suburbs. Ron

Posted: Wed Jun 8th, 2016 01:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
F-troop only the lower tank is filling not enough pressure to make it two second tank. Witch is no problem at all. Talked to CEA and they said there having troubles with one pump it works but keeps turning itself off. They also said they were working on it. That's good enough for me.

Posted: Wed Jun 8th, 2016 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Local activists from the Ranchitos are starting what could be described as a class action lawsuit against the CEA,

http://sancarlos.tv/how-did-our-meeting-with-the-new-comisario-of-san-carlos-go-not-so-hot/

At the bottom of the article above in the comments section there is more info on this matter. Basically Juan Carlos and Lilliana need people to give them a copy of their water bill. Today Victor Parra Maldonado is delivering 50 water bills from Ranchitos residents to the governors office in Hermosillo along with a letter explaining how the water bills are illegal according to the Ley de Ingresos.

A chubasco is brewing over the issue as well as the new and I might add illegitimate comisario that represents San Carlos.

Last edited on Wed Jun 8th, 2016 09:01 pm by Vince Radice

Posted: Wed Jun 8th, 2016 10:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Water company says I use 1000 pesos a month. I had no water for at least half of each month, and have lost many trees. ( over half of what I had a few years ago) I have no lawn, and I am not there to use any water, but they insist that the debt keeps growing, even if there is no water. I think I should only have to pay for what I use, and if there is no water at all, I am obviously not using it.

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I live in the Ranchitos and I am almost embarrassed to say that I pay about 14.00 US/month for unlimited amounts........in the desert. There are meters on probably 5% or less of the homes in the Ranchitos, so unlimited amounts are very common.

Yes, sometimes it isnt coming in. That's been pretty rare, over the last two years, or so.

Sometimes many things don't work as promised in Mexico. Should I petition authorities over it? It seems like I am getting what I pay for.

Water is too cheap, IMO. I think that everyone who owns a pool should DEFINITELY be on a meter. The amount of water that evaporates off a pool is obscene in the desert.

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 04:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
vince, i read your article! i would like to comment on one thing, the water! water is water, the water in guaymas comes from an aqueduct from obregon, the water in san carlos comes from wells in the san jose area! two entirely different systems! with two entirely different problems!
i agree with you that our dilapidated water infrastructure needs to be replaced!

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 04:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Hook, my pool is empty. So that is not an issue. Also, it is inside, so never had much evaporation.

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 04:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
all water consumption should be metered ! if CEA placed meters on the unmetered  consumption, there be more money in the coffers! more money in the coffers would soon accumulate to pay for our much needed water infrastructure replacement! this is not rocket science just simple clear logic!!

Last edited on Thu Jun 9th, 2016 06:29 am by frankiej

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 05:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Well Hook here is the deal. For many people who clearly don't have as much money as you and live in the Ranchitos, having to pay 5 times what the rate is in Guaymas is a burden. Do you have a meter? If you do not then on your water bill it will show you use 30 cubic meters of water every month. Do you have a large garden that you water everyday? Do you use more than 30 cubic meters of water each month? So you pay 14 dollars a month for unlimited water, that seems like you are taking advantage of the system!! Good for you many people do here.
If that is the case then your case is exactly what is wrong with the system. Juan Carlos Gonzales, the guy who started all this is charged exactly what you are and he uses 1 cubic foot of water a month. http://sancarlos.tv/la-maldita-cea-why-the-water-company-is-overcharging-san-carlos-residents/ He has a meter and he was forced by CEA to put in his own infrastructure which all the neighbors on his block pitched in for. So the question is simple. Is this a fair and just system for metering water in San Carlos in a desert?
The question is not whether you think the water bill that you pay is reasonable. People who have a lot of money don't think that 350 pesos a month is too much to pay for water. People who make minimum wage and live in the ranchitos think that they should not pay any more then what Guaymas pay's. 
If you look at La Ley de Ingresos where it is stipulated how much everyone in the Municipio de Guaymas should pay you find that the charges in San Carlos are not justified. It is irrelevant whether the water comes from a well or from an aqueduct.
The other issue is the 65% of water that leaks out of the failing infrastructure that no one at CEA wants to talk about. I would urge residents to please take video of these huge leaks and post them on social media and send them to us. Local activists are going to win this battle over the water. It is only a question of time. I would also ask that people send us your old water bills as evidence of what the water company has been doing over the past decade. 

Last edited on Thu Jun 9th, 2016 05:22 am by Vince Radice

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 05:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
CASH COW!!!  san carlos is the cash cow! a higher rate is paid here for water, than guaymas! we are charged every 2 months for electricity, guaymas is charged monthly why?? well we all know why!! there are 3 tiers for charging for electricity, if you are charged every 2 months your chances of going into the 2 of the more expensive of the 3 tiers is greater!

Last edited on Thu Jun 9th, 2016 11:08 am by frankiej

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 12:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
I be-leave CFE tiers are larger for us than they are for Guaymas at less they were a couple of years ago. When I did the math than it came out the same.

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 01:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Hook

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: Hook, my pool is empty. So that is not an issue. Also, it is inside, so never had much evaporation.
LTR, you are the exception;  possibly the only person in San Carlos with an indoor pool. I wasn't singling you out, if you were wondering.

Most people who own pools in this town tell me that emptying their pool, while they are gone for six months, is not an option. They say that the inside of the pool will crumble if not kept wet. The inside material is different down here.

So, the water sits there, evaporating, while the pool isn't even being used. 

Hey, I'm all for freedom of personal choice, when it comes to owning a pool. But water is a finite commodity in the desert. People need to pay for their amount of usage. Meters should be everywhere.

I have a decent sized vegetable garden over the winter/spring months. While it is on a drip system, it is a luxury. I should be paying more, I suppose;  although, living in a 350 sq foot casita with a trailer on the side, probably puts us pretty low on the water consumption scale.

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 03:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Totally agree with you hook. I have friends in the ranchitos that have 1000 Sq Mts of gardens that are lush and green, and brag about paying $250 pesos a month. Makes me cry, when I see water running in the streets. I was upset with the water company because they do not care. If you have a large lot, then you must be using 1000 pesos worth even tho everything looks dead. I have put in (at my own expense) over 400 meters of water line, when I built back in '81, and so many hooked up to it, never a reimbursement from anyone. You put it in, then the water company owns it, but they will not maintain it. I have replaced seven meters in that time, and I really feel that I am done. I got tired of all the BS. All depends on who you know at the water company as to how they deal with you. I had a client that had to pay for water for five years, (when they even produced a letter of cancellation to the water company,and signed by the water company as having received the letter of requesting the water be shut off) when their renters were no longer paying the rent, put not leaving. They still got stuck with the bill, because the water was never turned off. Water company was friends with the renters. It gets old after a while.......
So for having a trickle every now and then, and waiting days to get my tinaca full enough to use the pump, I refuse to pay 1000 pesos a month to this corrupt company. Most of the trees have died, so not much more to lose.

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
vince states that we lose 65% of our water from leaks! i don't know where that statistical number came from! but i will agree we lose way to much water from our failing water infrastructure!! there is not one week that goes by that there is not a leak on the road, especially in the bajia area!i have a question; how much of the existing water line is under the paved street from the highway to the end of the line puesta del sol????we have a problem that may be bigger than we realize! lets focus on the main line! the line that runs from the wells to all the holding tanks to the end of the line! that needs to be replaced not repaired!if it is under the street most of the way that would require ripping up the existing pavement or trenching along side of it where possible!here lies the other problem from the main line, everything splices off of. that is a complete night mare! i have seen to many exposed , inadequate line size, just to name a few problems!i know when i built my office i had to place the line in. i did it at the correct depth and required size piping! later to find my neighbors splicing into it, with no consideration of compensating me! 

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 03:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
The stats come from CEA

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 03:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
vince, gracias amigo!! i was just trying to get the "I's" dotted and the "t's" crossed from you!!

Posted: Thu Jun 9th, 2016 03:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Hook

Mana: 
What can I say, Vince? Yes, I should be on a meter, too. Everyone should. It encourages waste and allows people to live outside of what is practical, in terms of landscaping, in a desert.

And, yes, waste is a problem. So, the company operating on a shoestring budget, based on what they charge, should begin ripping up the streets and fixing all the infrastructure? Based on their budget, just how would they accomplish that?

And I suppose you want to fine CEA as well, for all these transgressions. Even less money for repairs.

Good luck with your latest crusade. It seems an honorable cause, if laws are being unevenly enforced. I just think there are better dragons to slay than REDUCING 300 peso water bills. Water is cheap; yes, even for the locals, at this price. No commodity is cheaper. Not propane, not gas or diesel, not electric. Look at the cost of water in SC, compared to the total cost of living. It's cheap, especially when you consider we're in the desert.

Now, I am sure you have been able to find some locals so destitute that the cost of water IS a hardship. But it's not for most all the Mexicans I know in the Ranchitos. Other things are hardships; daily bus fares to and fro, electricity, gas for the car, but not the cost of water.

Last edited on Thu Jun 9th, 2016 03:23 pm by Hook

Current time is 11:48 pm Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Lack of Water Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems