San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
CI banco ATM  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri May 27th, 2016 02:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
yesterday 5/27/16 at 20:57 hrs. i went to withdraw money from the ATM, the one on the left was being used. so i used the ATM on the right. i have a CI banco card so i entered the card and reentered it as it has a chip and this is the process! i went trough all the normal motions!! it them told me i was declined to see my institution. i thought maybe it's out of cash! so i went to the other one on the left, the same thing happened! thinking this was odd i went home and would wait to withdraw the next day! i went on the computer at home and found a notice from CI banco, stating i had made a withdrawal for 3000 pesos! i jumped into my car and raced back to the bank to see if my money wasn't hanging from the ATM, hahahaha!!! no money there!! i went to the police department to file a report. it was suggested by one of the officers i call the 800 #, which we did! i was informed that i was indeed there and that no money was given to me!so this morning i am going to the bank because my account shows i am 3000 pesos short! i was given a report tracking # from the banco! i was told that they would check my balance this morning and make it good if it was not at my previous balance! we will see what happens and i will report back later this morning!

Last edited on Fri May 27th, 2016 02:49 pm by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri May 27th, 2016 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Flaco

Mana: 
I hope that it gets cleared up for you, Frankie. That happened to me 3 times at the old Banamex. Each time I physically had to go to my bank in Tucson and sign an inquiry form. Banamex couldn't help, which was verified by my bank. Couldn't be done on the phone. I got 2 of 3 back. Wasn't real pleased about the 3rd one I never got back.

Posted: Fri May 27th, 2016 06:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Happened to me in Navojoa... HSBC and Santander... For each I had to request help from Bank Of America in Tucson. First phone calls to make a record of the issue, then a physical visit to present the ATM stubs for both issues at once. I was refunded for each of the issues, however it required diligence and patience.. (about a month to see the refunds in my accounts).
Had I not been traveling to Tucson shortly after the occurrences (which occurred within three days of each other), it might have been more difficult... who knows?

Last edited on Fri May 27th, 2016 07:01 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Fri May 27th, 2016 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
That would be a royal pain in the ass if you lived in Canada and were down here for 6 months. Wonder what happens then?

Posted: Fri May 27th, 2016 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I bank with Wells Fargo. I have had the same issue with Banamex when they were here, and also with CI bank. I have dealt with each issue by phone, and was reimbursed almost immediately.

Posted: Fri May 27th, 2016 10:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
met early this morning with a bank official, he verified what i told him made an additional report/request. i had to return home to bring back my passport & permanent resident card so now it is wait and see!
p.s. it was a computer glitch!

Last edited on Fri May 27th, 2016 10:45 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat May 28th, 2016 01:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
If you are referring to a CIBanco official, stay on top of them daily. Good luck if you see it fixed in less than a week. They are easily distracted. 
Their priorities are internal bank operations and not good customer service. Recently, I found that they forgot to pay my water bill for 3 months. While quickly admitting their error, they took over two weeks to correct the error.

Posted: Sat May 28th, 2016 02:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I don't understand - how does the bank pay your water bill? Is it mailed to them? I pay mine 6 months in advance - it's cheap enough.

Posted: Sat May 28th, 2016 02:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Nice Guy:
The bank did pay all of my utility bills at no fee. But, I have stopped them from paying my water bill after their girls forgot to pay my bill for three months. Now I pay in advance just like you do. More and more I am disliking CIBanco. They screw up a lot and take a long time to fix their errors.

Posted: Sat May 28th, 2016 02:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i expect the fix to take at least a week! banking refunds take at least a week, no matter what country your in.case in point, i made an order from cabela's one week ago today. there was free shipping on the items i ordered. when i received my invoice on line i was charged shipping. i notified them and they send me notification that they would refund the shipping, as of this morning it has not shown up on my bank account!

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 02:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Vaquero

Mana: 
I guess it always depends on ones personal experience.  For me CiBanco has been fantastic.Their exchange rate is the best we have found since coming to San Carlos.They charge no fees for the checking account including giving us checks.They notify me by email each time a debit card is used from my account and when my deposit goes in.I can go online anytime to see all transaction (back only 45 to 60 days I think)They pay my bills again for no fee.  They did fail to pay one month of water during Semana Santa so I also pay one year in advance and take advantage of the 10% discount.The ATM is also no fee. 
So after 3 years (since they opened) I have had one experience out of 100 where there was a problem.  BTW they speak perfect English if that is important to you and I have also found them friendly and efficient except for that one occurrence.

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 02:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
They charge 50 pesos per month in fees if your balance drops below 100000 pesos. 

They have made four major errors in my account over the last 12 months. And they take a long time ( I. e weeks) fixings the errors. In every case the error  occurred because someone forgot to do something..

Their problem is that they have more business than they can handle. Plus their very demanding internal structure of rules and auditors diverts their attention from correcting customer issues. 

On the positive side, Daniel and Osiris are really great people. But,  Daniel is now out of the picture and Osiris is way over burdened. 

Last edited on Mon May 30th, 2016 02:36 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 02:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
what do you mean daniel is out of the picture??

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 03:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Vaquero

Mana: 
Daniel just set up an account for a relative last week so .....?  My account is often below 100,000 pesos and have never been charged.   Like with any business, people will go out of their way to post the negative (human nature) rather than their good experiences.
Otherwise the above post several back has been my experience. 

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 06:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Please do not demonize me!!! I am not going out of my way to document negative experiences. I am offering the facts which serve to balance out the perfect picture that you paint. I consider Daniel a friend.  I think he will be the first to admit that their success has brought with it an overloading of personnel resources which has resulted in the errors that I have mentioned.  Daniel's job is to oversee the establishment of new bank branches. He is not the San Carlos branch manager any more. Osiris has been the branch manager for some time.  Daniel's desk is now in the back room. 

Last edited on Mon May 30th, 2016 06:07 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
Will they pay the CFE bill out of a savings account if I don't want checking?

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 08:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I  think all of their savings accounts are time deposits. You need to wait until the term of the savings account expires then they put it into your checking account. At least that is the way they did it for me. 

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
vaquero:
I stand corrected. The minimum balance requirement at CIBanco for no fees is $50,000 pesos and not $100,000 pesos as I previously stated. I checked this with Osiris today.

Posted: Tue Jun 7th, 2016 02:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
my bank account was fully refunded friday june 3rd, 2016.i believe it was done in a timely manner!

Posted: Wed Jun 8th, 2016 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
1 week.. that's pretty good. thanks for reporting the good outcome.

Current time is 04:48 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > CI banco ATM Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems