San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Farmacia BC  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2016 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Anyone entered yet?  How are you finding things there?  Well supplied?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu May 19th, 2016 05:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Havent been to the new one. The one in Guaymas is very good.

Some screamin' opening week deals on high blood pressure pills and other stuff. They are distributing circulars in the Ranchitos.

Posted: Thu May 19th, 2016 12:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
marlin master

Mana: 
Not that it really matters, but it is BF Farmacia. Went in there last week. Beautiful inside, both Pharmacist spoke perfect English. Shelves were well stocked , the front counter has lots of American brands of over the counter type stuff. I purchased three bottles of Ibuprofin 800/50 count at 56 pesos a bottle.......smokin' deal ! I hope it is around for a long time. 

Posted: Thu May 19th, 2016 06:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I visited Farmacia BF today with a list of my seven regular medications. My monthly cost in the USA is over $100. Using the current exchange rate, the cost for the same list at BF was $US56.00 -- about half.   

What impressed me was that they had all seven medications in stock. My time and gasoline are worth something. Usually, I'm running around to different Mexican pharmacies to get what I need. Or, I have to wait one week and come back. However, it looks like BF will be able to supply me completely with one visit and no excuses.

Last edited on Thu May 19th, 2016 06:43 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Thu May 19th, 2016 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
They had what I was looking for.

Posted: Thu May 19th, 2016 11:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I needed 4 meds. I'm going away for several months so need to stock up. They are all generics. They had none of 2, had 2 boxes of the 10 I need of the 3rd and the 1 box I needed of the 4th. They called downtown - None of the 1st 2 there either, they couldn't say about more of the 3rd.

Lots of room but no qty of inventory like their downtown store. BF is my 1st stop downtown. I go to Sam's regularly, so this place won't seem to be solving my supplies as well as I hoped.

Posted: Fri May 20th, 2016 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
aligato

Mana: 
I went and stocked up on everything I needed to go NOB..plus they said if there was anything I needed in bulk (IE 6 month supply), they could order it and have it in the next day. This saves me numerous trips to Guaymas...so happy to see BF here in San Carlos!!!!

Posted: Fri May 20th, 2016 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I've been buying meds in Mexico for a number of years. Mostly generics. But, I often wonder about quality. There are two places that I have been warned about -- the pharmacy associated with the San Carlos Russian doctor and Similares. I have been advised by people in the medical field that the quantities in a given tablet are lower than the quantity stated on the box. 

I've been doing business with Farmacia Guadalajara in Miramar. They have come recommended by my doctor and my twice annual blood tests indicate that the meds are working.  But, they have the same stocking problems as elsewhere which requires more of my time and patience and gasoline. My time, along with my peace of mind, is of value to me. 

While my US pharmacy (Walgreens) is definitely more expensive, the regulated prescriptions are done on line and my medications are waiting at my PO box when I arrive. I know nothing about the quality of Farmacia BF generics so I am struggling about whether to pay the US prices when I go north in June or go with the convenience of BF and hope that their brands are quality drugs.  

Your comments are welcome!!!

Last edited on Fri May 20th, 2016 05:57 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Mon May 23rd, 2016 04:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
buckster

Mana: 
MY wife went into the BF Farmacia the other day to see if they had the meds I take for my Parkinsons disease... A med that usually only Guadaljara has, they not only had it but were willing to meet Guadaljaras price.

Posted: Tue May 24th, 2016 02:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
#8 - how would these "people in the medical field" know this - they've run lab tests on all the generics? And if so, why don't they say something in public? I'm not saying it's not possible for it to be true, but it does sound a little unsupported.

Posted: Tue May 24th, 2016 03:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Nice Guy:    It is not unsupported. I simply didn't provide detail. Sorry.     In one case, a man had contracted an infection, went to a pharmacy to get a prescribed generic antibiotic at a prescribed dose. The infection did not stop.    The man went to a second doctor. The conclusion by the second doctor was that the originally prescribed dose should have killed the infection. This second doctor ordered the patient to increase the dose of the meds supplied by the pharmacy. The infection stopped.    I'm not going to get into naming names. But the incident involved one of the two pharmacies that I noted earlier.

Last edited on Tue May 24th, 2016 03:27 am by ballenamar

Posted: Tue May 24th, 2016 06:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I'm not trying to argumentative, but this doesn't seem to supply much support. I've been to 3 doc's in town in the last 11 years, and none have said "don't buy meds from XYZ place". Lots of times, bugs are resistant to antibiotic X and increasing the dose or switching antibiotics is the standard medical answer. Bugs develop resistance on a regional basis. Some years ago, my wife developed cystitus when we were in Panama on our boat. We had the usual meds on board, that had been proven to work in Mexico and the US. Didn't touch it. The local doc prescribed cipro because in Central America the cystitus bug there is resistant to the usual meds because in Costa Rica they sell antibiotics by the pill, and locals just buy a 2-3 days worth, rather than the usual 5,7,10 day course - and they've developed their own regional varieties. Sorry for the long story, but I still feel the don't buy from XYZ is unsubstantiated.

Posted: Tue May 24th, 2016 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
A friend of mine who has owned and operated a Pharmacy his whole life before retiring is buying his needed medications now only at Similaris and HE is a Pharma doctor.
Many doctors are trying to scare people from buying there , because this is the only place where they are not getting a cut of there prescriptions. They may be some exemptions on some medications , but the majority of there meds is us good us the brand name. For the very few times if i need any meds , i use only generics and that is very seltem also. But good to have choices and we all make our own. ;)

BTW, where is the new Pharmacy now ???

Last edited on Tue May 24th, 2016 07:23 pm by happy camper

Posted: Tue May 24th, 2016 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
For me, the choice is simple. When my medical provider tells me to be careful with a certain pharmacy, I listen !!! That does not mean that I don't buy medications in Mexico. My blood work substantiates quality drugs from Guadalajara and (previously) Santa Fe. I still don't know about BF but I am checking.

Posted: Tue May 24th, 2016 11:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Buy trusted brands if you are worried. Merek, Pfizer, Bayer and all the majors are in Mexico.

I would certainly think that these companies are perdiotically checking the amount of active ingredient in thier competitors drugs that are undercutting them, and would be publishing their damaging evidence if it was true.

Posted: Wed May 25th, 2016 12:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
mutineer

Mana: 
I had an infection and went to Similaris and bought the generic. It did not clear up, so bought my genuine drug at another pharmacy. Lesson Learned

Posted: Wed May 25th, 2016 05:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I just talked to Dr. Canale about the quality of Farmacia BF. He states that all of their medications are of the highest quality. 

Posted: Wed May 25th, 2016 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Flaco

Mana: 
Generics are basically copies of the active ingredients of medicines which are available when the patent runs out. The problem lies when the generics cannot copy the other ingredients which make up the delivery system of such active ingredients to your body (not on the patent). That is why some generics work great and some do not for you. If it is important, I use the original brands. In Mexico there is a 3rd distinction, Similares. They do not need the same active ingredients, just similar. be wary

Posted: Wed May 25th, 2016 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Flaco: 

Thank you for your post. I agree totally.  My health matters more to me than saving money. I have worked with the same pharmacist for years in the USA. I buy bulk meds through him and get good discounts. The prices are still not a low as in Mexico, but I have a lot more confidence in the product. My Mexican doctor agrees with me.

That said, I do buy Mexican meds when I am running low and can't get up to the USA.

Last edited on Wed May 25th, 2016 06:45 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Wed May 25th, 2016 06:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Flaco

Mana: 
The Mexican brand name meds are fine, you just need to be observant about the generic and wary about the similares.

Current time is 07:47 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Farmacia BC Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems