San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Stepping away, down, and out. Gone

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
Stepping away, down, and out. Gone  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 01:10 am

1st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
News  flooding our little pueblo, big shake-up at the "other" board.  Stay tuned.

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 03:46 am

2nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
It has come to my attention that Alec is trying to raise enough courage to ask gg to step aside, as he now realizes what a liability he has become.  This is not a rant at anyone, nor speculation.  There are documents that have provided this information.  To many of us here in SC, this is real welcome news.

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 05:53 am

3rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i can verify that i have seen that documentation! these last few days the existing moderator is having an apparent melt down! even his loyal followers are turning on him! he has deleted about 90 % of the posts, regarding his narcissistic behavior!

Last edited on Fri May 13th, 2016 05:57 am by frankiej

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 04:12 pm

4th Post
Fern

Mana: 
I hope Alecs can do it.  

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 04:18 pm

5th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
The way I am reading the other board is "if you do not pay, then you can not play" I really thought that these web sites for San Carlos are to be about the community, and the services they have to offer. Also to keep the community informed. Back in the day, there were many that paid for advertising, and when George took over, all of the ads were wiped out. Didn't matter that you had paid Alex, George didn't see the money, and therefore you had to start over, fresh with him.

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 05:11 pm

6th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Anybody that participates in Viva is basically enabling George's dictatorial BS. The best thing to do is to stop Alex as he tools around SC on his scooter and tell him directly.

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 05:17 pm

7th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
nice guy, great advice!!!

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 06:18 pm

8th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
"Huevos Encontrados"
That made me chuckle.
Someone from Scottsdale AZ owns vivasancarlos.mx and someone from Old Bridge NJ owns sancarlosboard.com, if WhoIs can be believed. Perhaps, they'll play nice with Alecs if he's endeavoring to regain control of those registrations as part of the process.
I haven't been to that site in sometime. I understand it's membership only even to browse classifieds?
*modified for spelling/grammar

Last edited on Sat May 14th, 2016 12:35 am by odwyerpw

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 08:00 pm

9th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Over this past year, several in our community here have had some pretty serious health issues that needed some community aid. Go fund me accts. were set up and we were given the opportunity to assist our friends, our neighbors. Now gg has deleted those from Viva, I guess they didn't pay the extortion fees.

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 09:51 pm

10th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
odw, are you talking about the domain rights??

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 10:59 pm

11th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Idiots over there. G is egomaniacal and Alec (bless his heart) will not lift a finger regarding the business of owning a Board.

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 11:36 pm

12th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
fra (two ?? are better than one ?),

Yes, I am referring to Domain Registrations as reported by WhoIs.com .

Domain Registration information is a bit unreliable, often masked through private registration methods or hosting companies registering in behalf of owners... it's difficult to know who really holds it (paid for it)... the only thing that is certain are the expiration dates and the fact that someone does hold the registation.

Of course the folks holding on to VivaSanCarlos.com (Alec's original Domain), will gladly sell it to you for $2500... (lesson, never let one expire..) Some generous soul could always purchase that in behalf of Alecs if he needed to start all over again.

Posted: Fri May 13th, 2016 11:58 pm

13th Post
Steve W.

Mana: 
Does it seem a little strange to be trying to save another site when we have a good site here?

Posted: Sat May 14th, 2016 12:13 am

14th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
steve, personally i have no interest in viva surviving! they have a narcissist for a moderator and an unambitious owner! GG thrives on intimidation, exploitation, extortion to keep things running. i am surprised they have lasted this long! i am PMing people from that site to join this site!

Last edited on Sat May 14th, 2016 12:14 am by frankiej

Posted: Sat May 14th, 2016 12:16 am

15th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Steve W. - that is the first post in this string that really belongs on this board! Bravo!

Last edited on Sat May 14th, 2016 12:17 am by IronMan

Posted: Sat May 14th, 2016 12:27 am

16th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I dont see a post where someone over here is trying to save the other board.

On the contrary.........

Yes, someone is speculating about the ownership of domains.

I cant see Alecs dumping GG. He'd actually have to WORK at keeping the board going. Alecs and "work" seem like two mutually exclusive terms.

Posted: Sat May 14th, 2016 12:33 am

17th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Hook wrote:
On the contrary.........

Yes, someone is speculating about the ownership of domains.

I cant see Alecs dumping GG.

Thanks PJ,
You got the gist of my posts. I don't see Alecs rescuing Viva either. Way complicated.
That's fine. We have a perfectly good board right here. The drama over yonder only highlights that fact.
Thanks Bart!

Posted: Sat May 14th, 2016 11:58 pm

18th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i did a little research, viva/ alec-gg is sancarlosboard.com and it is owned by sandeep sonhi , question is that "Godaddy"the old domain name vivasancarlos.com is for sale at $595 USD. vivaboard is also owned by someone else, ana olen!

Last edited on Sun May 15th, 2016 12:01 am by frankiej

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 04:39 am

19th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
lucy "someone has a lot splaining to do!!!in all seriousness, would someone with real web technical savvy please explain what is going on over there????they claim that every time someone logs on or makes a hit it costs alecs!i am told domain sites are less than $200.usd annually!they use GoDaddy!

Last edited on Sun May 15th, 2016 04:39 am by frankiej

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 05:11 am

20th Post
Fern

Mana: 
Oh, Oh .... George is quite annoyed with me for questiioning his decision to not post information regarding Paradise Airlines.  So..... today, I tried responding on his site regarding our Rescate Farmer's Market on the malecon.  I was denied being able to post altho I am a subscriber as well as Rescate and Shots.  Farmer's Market had 7 vendors today - no more citrus (now out of season) but a number of other vendors with veggies, chili rellanos enchiladas, Damon's breads, pies, humus, oysters.  We will be continuing the market until gardens can't produce because of heat.  Just to let you know.  Smiles, Fern

Current time is 05:04 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Stepping away, down, and out. Gone Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems