San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Stepping away, down, and out. Gone

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
Stepping away, down, and out. Gone  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 09:06 pm

41st Post
bombero

Mana: 
Vince and All, this site is the one we need to support and promote. Talk it up around town, can't always say the posters are adults here, but at least you know the Moderator is....lol and with no clinically diagnosed mental issues.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 12:00 am

42nd Post
bombero

Mana: 
I just posted this on viva, I am censored and do not know if gg will post it. It seems a bit unfair the way they have chosen to attack John and Frankie, giving neither a way to rebut.

I cannot anticipate the results of this post. Anyone who has been a reader and contributor to Viva knows that John and I have had a long standing friendship, long before SC. I cannot understand why anyone would try and reach John, let alone challenge him to contact someone, when they know he is banned and has no access to this site, and what remains worse, hBahia de Banderasas no way to defend himself, or answer any of his detractors. I enjoy and appreciate the heck out of Viva, were it not for that I would stand in for John, at least verbally, but we all know the result of that. So I won't. Now that you know that John was banned years ago, perhaps you posters will be somewhat less enthusiastic in defaming him. Thanks.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 02:51 am

43rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
So some of you would not know gg if you were so unfortunate to run into him.  As a public service a photo of gg is being displayed.......sorry...lol

Attached Image (viewed 218 times):

12074945_10207136167456123_8971888344897185227_n.jpg

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 04:10 pm

44th Post
RichD

Mana: 
An outpouring of love and support from the usual sycophants over at VSC. Alex is scared to death of GG. Don't hold your breath about anything changing over there.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 04:25 pm

45th Post
JZ

Mana: 
I'm going to email Alecs and tell him what a mockery George has made of his board. I use to do some biz with Alecs, but wouldn't touch that board now.

Last edited on Tue May 17th, 2016 04:27 pm by JZ

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 05:54 pm

46th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
You all seem to be missing the relationship between Alex and George. It's money. Before George came along and rescued Alex from his poverty, Alex had to support his widowed old mother (since passed) on handouts - because Alex was too lazy to make a living from the board. So, along comes enforcer George and turns on the money tap for Alex, who appreciated all the newfound money - and still didn't have to work. You are not going to get between Alex and his rice bowl, as long as there's rice in that bowl. The only way is to convince subscribers and and businesses paying ads is that there is better value elsewhere, and cut down Alex's income. Personally, I boycott any business paying for ads. If more people did that, and they learn that, the businesses will have to make their own decision. Alex will only pay attention to reduced income, and nothing else. He doesn't give a shit what George does as long as it doesn't affect his income. There's no logic in this - it's just money.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 06:29 pm

47th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Nice Guy, that is probably the most accurate evaluation of the relationship between gg and alec ever articulated. Alec provides a much needed vehicle for power to gg, and gg provides funding for alec. Maybe a book "the tyrant and the pauper"?

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 07:25 pm

48th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
posts #'s 37,38,39, we all agreed to move to more positive things!  that said in 5 days there has been over 1,900 hits for this post! it is a topic of interest! i would like to add this as a matter of fact;  1) on the viva ad section it states; "advertising keeps the viva board free for the 2,500 + members".  2) every month members receive a notice for voluntary donations. INTIMIDATION  3) subscribers "Vs" non subscribers, non subscribers are described as "free loaders". INTIMIDATION & EXTORTION 4) what should be public service announcements IE; the new airline service see "paradise" post viva are banned regardless of viewer opinion. EXTORTION  alecs does not and will go out and beat the bushes for advertising!  GG, intimidates and extorts for the money's to keep enabling alecs!  it is a dysfunctional circle!!

Last edited on Tue May 17th, 2016 07:36 pm by frankiej

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 08:19 pm

49th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I was told, gg stated the other day that he visits this site many times a day. He monitors this site so closely that he will reprimand and punish you on viva by virtue of your postings on this site. He did lament that he has been vanquished from posting, A sick individual, running loose in our community.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 08:31 pm

50th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Cruising through some of my old PM's which now fall under the freedom of information act, thought this one might be of some interest to all.......

From: ZeusDate: 2014-05-04 23:33:21Subject: John, would you post this for me. I am scared of George Kim Jong-Il and see you are not afraid to talk the truth.First, none of this is a personal attack. It is all in response to what has been said and done. George, why would you post a link on this thread to Viva and try to entice Bart's visitors to leave his website and go to another website's forum you moderate (control). This is pretty sorry of you to do that to Bart. He has worked years very diligently to offer a quality website and forum to receive the visitors he gets and you just do this to him. You know all the questions asked here have not been answered by you on the other forum. Maybe they will stay at the website you are promoting and not return to Bart's. Mission accomplished? When somebody on the forum you moderate mentions another forum you quickly get on your soapbox preaching, editing and deleting any mention of another forum. But it is fine for you to do this to Bart and his business that feeds his family? George, you keep telling people they do not have a right to say anything unless they contributed money to this road project. You are wrong. This is not North Korea and you do not have the right to tell anybody what they can talk about just because they contributed or not to this road project. We can talk about anything that affects us, our neighbors and our community whether you like it or not. You can not control everything no matter what positions you try to put yourself in. This is just a maneuver of yours trying to squash voices you do not want to hear and others to read. Do you not realize how much you have hurt any future projects where the community might have collected money for a needed community project. I do not think it will be happening again anytime soon. This project of yours has had an affect on everybody in this community whether they paid monies towards the road or not and we have a right to be mad, upset at your strong arm tactics and lack of transparency and mostly your running from any responsibility once you got the money from the community.Some keep taking up for you even though you got it all your way with the road. You made your pledge for accountability and transparency ensuring you would represent the people in the matter and requesting nobody else get involved as you said it would "muddle the water". You belittled anybody publicly as a moderator that had questions and wanted transparency for this large amount of funds given you. What about the refunds you promised. Oh wait, rumor is most of the money is gone and unable to be refunded as pledged. Don't worry, some people that know road work say the road might last at least partially through the coming monsoon season.Remember all the hell you gave the new board of the animal shelter when they were not as transparent as you demanded. Your lack of transparency, unwillingness to answer any questions and very rude & pompous attacks to the people you labeled as nay sayers are really ironic. This has become everything you complained about to them so publicly and rudely over and over and over again on the forum you control. Maybe these complaints really were as a disgruntled former board member because your actions seem comparible and even worse.Nobody would have given any money had they known you would shortly not know anything about the project, belittle anybody that asked questions and refer all questions to a government representative of Mexico when asked any basic question concerning the project after you collected all the money.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 10:43 pm

51st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
over 2000 hits!!!!

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 01:22 am

52nd Post
lasninas

Mana: 
Wow...this is like reading an online version of the Jerry Springer Show!  Many viewers switched to this board because there was not all the ranting and raving that I am reading in this thread.  The other board tried to contain that so people who don't like the ranting and raving could ask questions/obtain information/get a bit of local news without getting into an online brawl.  If you don't like the other board...stop reading it...stop posting.  If you like this one...read it...post on it.  I find both helpful and will continue to read and support both.  I won't be reading anything else on this thread so if you want to make a negative comment about what I have written I will not see it.  Have a nice night!

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 02:01 am

53rd Post
aloha

Mana: 
lasninas...calmate por favor. really,you sound like my grade school teacher. we are adults and can manage without your instruction. sheesh....

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 02:24 am

54th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Nice guy, I think the key to your proposal is to let the business owners know that you will not be patronizing their establishment until they stop advertising on Viva.

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 02:24 am

55th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
post #52, lets compare this site to a radio or television!  if you don't like the song on the radio you can go to another channel, if you don't like a program on the television you can change channels!  there is no need to blame the radio or the television for something you don't like! the radio or television is not forcing you to listen or watch anything! the radio and television do give you other options in the form of different channels!this forum also offers multiple options in posts and ads! if a particular post is not to your liking go to another that is! it is as simple and logical as that!
p.s. people moved to this site to be heard not stifled, through intimidation or extortion or censorship! 

Last edited on Wed May 18th, 2016 02:38 am by frankiej

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 02:44 am

56th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
#55 I disagree with you and agree with #52 - I've lived here full-time for 11 years. Take it from me, the kind of posts that several people have made both here and on Viva are seen as one of the main reasons why alex "hired" G. Long before G started funds flowing to alex, G discovered that muscling some of the rampant flame wars that the Viva board originally suffered was appreciated by everyone except the 4-5 flamers. G knows which side his bread is buttered on. The personal and oral gratification he gets for publicly deleting you guys is like a Black Hawk Down scenario. He shots you publicly and then he drags you around the town - and all the sycophants bow and hail to the monster hero who also protects the meek and stupid and lazy. This ain't a john wayne western. You guys need to think before you act. I'm not supporting G and his blatant dictatorial tactics in any way, but these ranting actions merely enable his dis-logic. 

Last edited on Wed May 18th, 2016 02:49 am by nice guy

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 03:29 am

57th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
where we go from here? my post #48 i state we all agreed to move on which was voiced on posts #'s 37,38,39! what happened? here is my spin, like the movie "black hawk down", which is an excellent analogy. when you are being dragged through the streets for public humiliation and are flanked, and attacked from all sides. you defend yourself as best you can and you call in reinforcements! the conundrum is the massive hits this thread has received in a 5 day period! something is driving viewers! 
i do not agree with all the post on this thread, i do appreciate that they where allowed to post and not censored. that allows me to decide whether i liked or not!

Last edited on Wed May 18th, 2016 03:29 am by frankiej

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 04:03 am

58th Post
Fern

Mana: 
I had no idea what I started when I chastised George for not posting my requests for information on the new Paradise Airline service.  If a forum is suppose to be for the community, then it needs to include important  information for the residents and businesses here.  The new airline will help all of us.  To insist that a business must 'pay' before information is given out regarding their service, is rediculous.  

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 04:45 am

59th Post
bombero

Mana: 
Some weeks ago I made the same type of notification to our community letting them know that we would soon be having a new farmacia. It lasted about a minute on viva, and then I received a PM stating that if they wanted publicity for there store they needed to pay for it.

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 04:51 am

60th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
To offer an answer to Frankie - we are here.

The more this board is used the better for dissemination of information.

No wheel to re invent , and no nasty attitudes - to deal with , there has been the odd idiot on this board but they don't last long .

I personally see absolutely zero chance of a "community run" board appearing - almost by definition that would be a nightmare for someone . Ergo , use what already works and forget TOB.

:)

Current time is 11:40 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Stepping away, down, and out. Gone Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems