San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Stepping away, down, and out. Gone

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
Stepping away, down, and out. Gone  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 06:30 am

21st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
So ... $595, huh? I'm willing to put up $50 - only takes 11 more and we can buy the url. I'm tired of George's shit. I've been booted off there 3 times for telling him he's an idiot. Who's collecting the money?

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 06:44 am

22nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the other site you enter is http://www.sancarlosboard.comon whois.com it looks like they have lost that domain and the other 2 vivasancarlos vivaboard also

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 06:52 am

23rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
lets be clear here there are  domain name sites , e-mail names, business names!as i understand they have lost 3 domain sites, at least it is not in their names!
they still have email addresses i can't say if vivasancarlos was ever a registered brand name!

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 06:32 pm

24th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
The URL is registered via godaddy - normal

The registrant is a website company technical contact as below.

This does not mean anything regarding this URL is lost , simply a technical company is supplying services such as registration. Currently valid until July 25th this year.

The old Viva URL was up for sale last year , the owner is a speculator who snatched it up when chance offered based on its number of hits - of course these numbers are dwindling - he was wiling to let it go cheap last year , but not cheap enough.

Now Bart has updated this site the speed and reliability are much improved , and as the content has always been superior TOB no longer a concern.:)

Domain Name: SANCARLOSBOARD.COM 
Registrar URL: [url=http://www.godaddy.comĀ Registrant:]http://www.godaddy.com Registrant:[/url] [url=http://www.godaddy.comĀ ]http://www.godaddy.com [/url]
Registrant Name: Sandeep Sondhi 
Registrant Organization: Website Toolbox, Inc. 

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 06:39 pm

25th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Posted a bit quick - the Websitetoolbox company ( registrant ) is the "forum" provider - and yes there "can" be charges on number of pages accessed.
Depends on what level subscription the operator has.
Extract from their site :
    What if I go over my plan limits?
    If you exceed your plan's included page views, additional page views are billed at a rate of $0.20 per 1,000 page views for the Basic and Standard plans and $0.10 per 1,000 page views for the Premium plan.

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 08:47 pm

26th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Welcome to this board Fern. Keep sharing here , it will be appreciated by many who got tired already a long time ago of the other board, because of the moderator. I love the farmers Market, because the veggies they sell are organic . Have being there every week so fare . Keep it up !!!

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 09:24 pm

27th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i tried to log on to viva, i am banned!

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 10:51 pm

28th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
The fact you are banned is usually a result of truth. Truth, and honesty are not compatible with the moderator there. So don't fret Frankie, we know you speak the truth, what did you expect? I just read a post on Viva submitted by Liz, stating that Viva is owned by Alec and gg has stated many times he will step down if anyone is willing to take the moderator job. I'll do it. The truth is gg has bullied his way into the position he holds and would no more walk away from it, if Solomon volunteered to moderate. Alec is the kind of person that people like gg look for, people lacking fortitude, self awareness, and courage. It is a shame, but it is, what it is.

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 11:30 pm

29th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i understood clearly the ramifications when i choose to stand my ground against the narcissistic tyrant, extortionist who is the moderator, at ""viva""! my post #23 i explain that there is a difference between domain ownership, e-mail name and business moniker! liz's comment that alecs owns viva, may be partially true! viva what?? "vivasancarlos" domain was lost!i have been a business owner here in sonora for over 14 years, i have an accountant and lawyers at the ready, it is a necessity to do business here or any where! the moderator is constantly bragging of the paid subscribers, even giving totals! proclaiming they are a business for profit venture!!  the "hacienda" expects 16% of each and every donation or ad sales! i doubt serious they would pass an audit!! to my knowledge at least a 1/2 dozen viewers are being censored! that was my position yesterday!  

Last edited on Sun May 15th, 2016 11:35 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun May 15th, 2016 11:53 pm

30th Post
handlebars

Mana: 
I'd see the day I'd pay to have access to a discussion board.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 01:58 am

31st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i understand my post #29 was copied and posted on viva!! this comes to mind, i hope you all enjoy!!

DO NOT AROUSE THE WRATH OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL "OZ"!!
DO YOU PRESUME TO CRITICIZE THE GREAT "OZ" YOU UNGRATEFUL CREATURES!!
THE GREAT "OZ" HAS SPOKEN!! 

Last edited on Mon May 16th, 2016 02:19 pm by frankiej

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 04:59 am

32nd Post
maryt

Mana: 
Nice guy, when you tell people they are idiots, you are not a nice guy.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 09:14 am

33rd Post
JZ

Mana: 
That George dude is a fool. He reads this board too and will send you a PM if you mention him.

Hopefully he gets the boot. I'd lol at him.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 02:59 pm

34th Post
aloha

Mana: 
gg has mentioned on viva, many times, that hes banned from barts board. so hes here under an alias...

Last edited on Mon May 16th, 2016 03:00 pm by aloha

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 03:16 pm

35th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Aloha, I hope you are correct, sure you are, that gg monitors this site. He has just gone on his periodic rant that viva is so appreciated and he being the glue that holds it all together is subject to people out to get him. He states a few bad apples will not ruin his barrel. There is nothing that can be said about gg that has not been said before. In his minds eye it is always others, not him, he will never accept his failures, and his inability to connect with people, other that in a bullying way. He offers up his moderator job, to anyone that alec would accept. Poor alec would not accept anyone unless they were forced on him by gg, and gg would never give up, what he perceives as this power position. We will probably never know the root of his sickness, but it is so obvious there is one in play. A school yard bully morphs into a SC bully, that kind of situation generally takes care of itself over time.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 04:29 pm

36th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
wow!! john that was quite profound!! you and i are not alone with those exact feelings! your bully description is perfect, because of his physical stature he probably never had anyone disagree with him! that has morphed into his personality we see today! GG has many skeleton's in his closet! it was over whelming how many PM's, emails to me directly, phone calls i received, people in town stating similar opinion's! his hunger for control and absolute authority, his complete obsession with viva, have clouded his ability to actually "monitor"!! i am absolutely dumbfounded as to the existing attraction to viva! his rule with an iron fist is absolute and undeniable! yet, even after written and posted disagreement his minions continue to support him! why????????? this site "forum" "san carlos,sonora, mexico", offers everything i am looking for and more!

Last edited on Mon May 16th, 2016 04:36 pm by frankiej

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 04:52 pm

37th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Hey guys, now that we all agree, lets move on to a more positive, less negative attitude. If we do not think about him, then he can not affect us. The worse thing that can happen to someone is that no one remembers them or who they are. They become nobody......
Farmers market is great, and would be nice to see more and more people posting on Bart's board. He has always provided a clean and informative board for all of us. And I am looking forward to using the airlines when they start up. Would like to show my support for a really positive and necessary addition to the town. If you can get there easily, then you will go.......

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 05:12 pm

38th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
LTR, you are totally correct. The rub lies in the fact he can abase you on his site, but should you respond in kind, you are sensored or banned. Unfortunately Bart's site is the only other place in town you can post and get support or some constructive criticism. Of course that is not fair to Bart or his site. I would encourage all to use this site and avail themselves to a site where folks can differ and remain civil. So as LTR has suggested, I will move on to more positive subjects.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 05:16 pm

39th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
sound advice!!

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 09:41 pm

40th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I have received recently two emails from individuals now about this site, wakeup sancarlos wordpress com, clearly someone who has had enough of the other site.

I don't really see this taking off but it is an interesting thought though.

Last edited on Tue May 17th, 2016 02:58 am by bartmanaz

Current time is 08:50 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Stepping away, down, and out. Gone Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems