San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
TELCEL ugh...  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 8th, 2016 10:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
aloha

Mana: 
lots of info on new offer from telcel. unlimited for 100-200p mth.  not the sin frontera...the newest one.anybody have the most recent info before I go stand in line for 2 hrs?   i can google,but rather hear from you.thankyou :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Apr 9th, 2016 11:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
aloha

Mana: 
???

Posted: Sat Apr 9th, 2016 05:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Timothy B.

Mana: 
I had found some plans on the Telcel web site. I wanted to downgrade my present plan that runs $ 750/mo. to a cheaper one. I liked a "Pro 200" that fit my needs for $ 199 per month. When my wife called on it she was told that I would have to pay $ 3400 in a fine as my contract had not expired. I am trying to decide if I want to run the other plan out or pay the fine and go cheaper.They have quite a few plans to choose from. I found that with all the wifi around that I do not use the MB that I pay for. If your Spanish is good, you can call Telcel, fight thru the "press 3" menus and get someone that can answer your questions and not stand in line.Good luck.

Posted: Sat Apr 9th, 2016 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
aloha

Mana: 
mil grcs. the plan I want is called SIN LIMITED? for 199p a mth. its the upgraded sin frontera version  ;)

Posted: Sun Apr 10th, 2016 06:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I did the international, 200 pesos per month 1 mb unlimited local and long distance, no contract. The only obstacle is that you cannot keep the phone more than 6 months straight per year outside of Mexico.

Posted: Sun Apr 10th, 2016 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
aloha

Mana: 
bullshipper,i want it as my primary full time in mx fone. is the 'sin limited' 200p/mth plan of which you speak, good for me?

Posted: Sun Apr 10th, 2016 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
I think they let you go a year with no activity before they cancel your number..Ask them about it...I have a pre-paid data plan and that's how it works...

Posted: Sun Apr 10th, 2016 04:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
aloha wrote: bullshipper,i want it as my primary full time in mx fone. is the 'sin limited' 200p/mth plan of which you speak, good for me?
Do you go north 2 times a year?
The phone actually detects when you leave.

Posted: Sun Apr 10th, 2016 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
aloha

Mana: 
no,but I guess I could if it meant keeping it activated. but I do not want the American tel cel deal. I want the SIN LIMITED MX. whay would there be a restriction on a mecixan network regarding ging nob? nationals do no go north frequently. are we all talking about the same plan?

Posted: Sun Apr 10th, 2016 05:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
AlS

Mana: 
I could not find the time limitation on the $MX199 plan. Does anyone have a hyperlink to the terms and conditions?

This plan does look interesting. If I could keep my US phone number is would be awesome.

Posted: Sun Apr 10th, 2016 06:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
aloha

Mana: 
AIS, the mx sin limited is un-limited.can, usa, mx. kind of new.few mths maybe.ads in all telcel stores. I know you can keep your mx number.

Posted: Mon Apr 11th, 2016 01:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I think you are referring to the sin Frontera. Using the amigo program with sin frontera allows you the Mexican in country rates to apply to Canada and the USA. No longer roaming rates. To qualify  you need to maintain a balance in your account of $300 pesos. I am going with it and dumping the att prepaid which is more expensive. I am keeping a us phone number on Skype. 

Posted: Mon Apr 11th, 2016 01:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
aloha

Mana: 
no,sin frontera was the 'go to plan' up until recently. now its SIN LIMITED. 199p. its advertised all over. billboards,flyers,in all the tel cel office. sounds too good to be true. carlos slim is upping his game. I will go to tel cel for the info. definitely something to check out.

Posted: Mon Apr 11th, 2016 03:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
With the sin Frontera, all have unlimited call and texts, but the amount of data varies, at least this is how it was explained to me. I believe its 1/2 a GB for 100 pesos a month, 1gb for 200, ect all the way up to $500 per month.

But when you sign up, you can also ask for the month to month deal, where you go on the internet, Oxxo, etc to give them a Code and your money for the next moth, at the same rates.

Posted: Mon Apr 11th, 2016 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
AlS

Mana: 
Aloha - I am very interested in what you hear. The only reason that we did not get T-Mobile was a 90 day constraint on being outside the USA. We spend almost 7 months in San Carlos.

I am on Google's Project Fi now and wish that voice calls in Mexico via cellular were cheaper. They are $US0.20 per minute.

Posted: Mon Apr 11th, 2016 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
aloha

Mana: 
AIS~ sin limited is unlimited to usa canada and mx for 199p lots of data and gb for the price. there are few caveats. the best way to find the info is to go to the office. theres lots of info on line,but my spanish is not good enough to decipher the particulars. SIN LIMITED OR SIN LIMITADA? maybe you can find out. its better than anything happening and all my nat'l friends have switched.  they are the ones that told me to dump my usa plans and get this.americans do not know much about it becuz they stay with what they have,usually. :)

Posted: Mon Apr 11th, 2016 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I'm going to enroll in the Sin Frontera plan for the Amigo (prepaid) option. This effectively gives me one phone (with data) for both the USA and Mexico. The Internet information I've seen may be outdated so I'll need to check further.
Since, when we visit the USA we use a lot of data, I'll keep my ATT hotspot.

http://www.telcel.com/personas/servicios/otros/telcel-sin-frontera#

http://www.parentesis.com/noticias/negocios/Telcel_extiende_programa_Sin_Frontera_a_usuarios_de_prepago

Posted: Tue Apr 12th, 2016 03:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
I have a Telcel prepaid. There will be no nob roaming charge now? I have to go into the office to have it changed?

Posted: Tue Apr 12th, 2016 07:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Angel

Mana: 
I just helped a friend switch from a Movistar plan to Telcel Plan "Sin Limite" for 199 pesos. We were given a print out of what they would charge for on this plan, and I see a lot of $0.00, except for calls to Cuba and rest of the world (excepting Canada and USA). The data allowance in this plan is 1 gigabyte, not unlimited, but using WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook while in Mexico does not count towards your data usage. Additional megabytes are MX$0.25.
And we were there at opening time (9 am), and did not have to wait in  line.
If you don't have a plan, but are thinking of getting one, take a copy of your official ID and a copy of an utility bill. They will ask for the names and phone numbers of THREE persons that know you. If you are an foreigner that does not have a second last name (as Mexicans do), they seem to run into an issue with that but gets worked around. The whole thing took about 40 min.

Last edited on Tue Apr 12th, 2016 07:33 pm by Angel

Posted: Tue Apr 12th, 2016 07:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
aloha

Mana: 
ANGEL!!!! yeah!! exact confirmation i was looking for. mil mil gracias!!!! calling usa from mex is unlimited,corecto?

Last edited on Tue Apr 12th, 2016 07:49 pm by aloha

Current time is 08:25 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > TELCEL ugh... Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems