San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
san carlos HOA's in chaos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 22nd, 2016 01:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
TonyAbq.  Oh how I wish the caracol civil association would just go away but it will not happen as there are a few big egos up there with money and want to make a statement so it will continue to be run in a big fat mess against the will of many  That new gate area cost a fortune.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Mar 22nd, 2016 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
this is the frustration i am taking about!! it usually involves special interests and a form of extortion!i again ask for all to read the "sonora condominium regime laws" , they (some in the HOA) may very well want to impose the interests of a minority on the majority! you can legally stop this! if the HOA has not conformed to the laws, in past meetings, then they as an entity have no legal recourse!! the HOA's need to dot their "i" and cross their "t's"!! i doubt seriously if most HOA's in san carlos would be able to pass a government AUDIT!!

Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2016 02:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
AlS

Mana: 
If you don't like what the HOA is doing - you can always apply for this // exciting, high paying job. // Perhaps they would accept your job application.

Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2016 04:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
AIS , they do not pay people on the board any where else, why would they do it in Mexico? The point being? If you live in a community, and you want to help improve it, great! HOAs are a pain no matter where they are, and many have most of the people in them, very dissatisfied. Do not buy in an HOA, unless you can live with all the BS it has to offer. I have lived in an HOA only once, and it didn't serve most of the people, but a select few. Now I know. The idea behind them is great, but most do not work they way they should, and you are right, the interest of a select few are served.

Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2016 06:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Flaco

Mana: 
Tony ABQ, I quite disagree with you. I have lived full time on the Caracol for over 15 years. It has never looked better. The "expensive" gate and road improvements were not taken from any HOA funds. All were from separate donations from your neighbors. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced a few months. My guess is that you didn't contribute anyway but are enjoying all of the benefits that the HOA volunteers have done, including your street lights and water supply. Your side room deal accusation is pure BS. And no, I am not or ever have been on the board of volunteers. My sincere thanks to all of them. I am not jealous if they get a pat on the back.

Last edited on Wed Mar 23rd, 2016 08:21 pm by Flaco

Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2016 10:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Looks like he completely side-stepped the question of funding.

"...were they asked about their rigs". Is it the duty of an HOA to poll each and every resident? Seems to me, the way it should work is for residents to SHOW UP AT THE HOA MEETINGS and ASK those questions. Did you do that, Tony?

And I'd love to hear the DETAILS (not the generalized accusations) about these supposed "side room deals". Out with it.

Posted: Thu Mar 24th, 2016 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
AlS

Mana: 
There are *some* people who are ill suited to be part of any condominium type of ownership. People who are more concerned with doing whatever *they* wish to do regardless of it's impact. People who rail against rules. People who need distinct boundaries.

In my experience, most rules exist because of problems some person caused in the past - not because of some control freak running the HOA.

If you can live with just one rule, The Golden Rule, then you will likely be a good fit in a condominium style ownership

Posted: Thu Mar 24th, 2016 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Agree, Al.

I would add that some people are just "takers" when others give time and money to make things better.

Then, they complain about their "take" not being good enough. Go figure.

Posted: Thu Mar 24th, 2016 04:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Flaco

Mana: 
Lets just imagine for a moment how the Caracol would be in regards to traffic and security with no gate at all, CEA taking care of our water pila, pumps and sewers on their own. The city of Guaymas maintaining our roads completely over the years. CFE handling all our streetlights and the city of Guaymas to enforce building and construction trash laws on their own...... I imagine our friends like Tony would be inconvenienced even more.

I am not generally a fan of HOA's at all. But our group of volunteers and neighbors who contribute funds for these efforts have done a good job. There is are fine lines between being a conscientious objector, a shit stirrer or just a freeloader.

Posted: Sat Mar 26th, 2016 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Righton

Mana: 
The country club says they can't legally collect dues (in their minutes of Feb 2014) or enforce their alleged bylaws, but they threaten to lien you if you don't pay their dues. At one time they said you couldn't go to your home if you hadn't paid your dues. However Guaymas said they couldn't do that as Guaymas owns the roads. So they are now asking the realtors to collect back dues or don't close on your sale. What's next?

Posted: Sat Mar 26th, 2016 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
post #30 is a perfect example of what I am referring to! i have no real problems paying dues in an HOA, however i want the money's collected to be used properly! it is the job of the administrator to see that is happening! most however are not qualified for their jobs! the administrator should be finding ways to conserve spending, finding ways to cut down on the costs! it is the elected board's obligation to make sure this is being accomplished! they also have the same problem as the administrator, a lot are not qualified for their elected positions!HOA's are vital!!! they are important and can be a successful operation if they know what they are doing!! 

Last edited on Sat Mar 26th, 2016 07:42 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun Apr 3rd, 2016 09:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Righton

Mana: 
Informed property manager regarding all of the young drunks and loud music from 4 PM to 6 AM from the rental for the last two days. Was informed that he can't do anything about it since he can't enforce the by-laws as the HOA is not legal. Still requires HOA dues.

Posted: Sun Apr 3rd, 2016 10:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
maryt

Mana: 
If you think you are going to be able to do anything about noise during the two week school break at Semana Santa, you are crazy. No place is secure from noise during this period.

Posted: Mon Apr 4th, 2016 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i went to a HOA meeting for the royal last saturday! it was the second annual meeting, or an extension!!??? the first meeting forgot to place the election of the new officers "board members" on the agenda so there where no board members elected! whose fault was this, the incompetent administrator or the board members who where elected for 2 year terms??? i think both!! there where many very unhappy people!! the legal counsel was completely incompetent in the advice he was giving. he was saying since they didn't have the 70/75% members to have a quorum the meeting was illegal!  the meeting continued and board members where elected. if the legal counsel had read and or was familiar with the state laws he would have referred to article 29, they could have and would have had a legal meeting!
complete chaos!!!

Last edited on Mon Apr 4th, 2016 04:50 pm by frankiej

Posted: Thu Apr 14th, 2016 11:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
http://sancarlos.tv/could-the-costa-del-mar-hoa-end-up-being-dissolved-with-former-board-members-brought-up-on-criminal-charges-and-face-deportation/

The above link is the latest report on the Costa del Mar (CDM) HOA lawsuit. I believe this is the only current law suit that they have been litigating at the moment but I can tell you that soon there will be at least one more and then possibly two more law suits after this one, which is essentially over.

As I read through some of these posts on this forum I am struck by frankiej's comments on the Front Royal HOA. It would seem that have taken their play book directly from the disaster that is the CDM HOA.

It sounds like the Front Royal HOA is violating their quorum rules as the CDM has done for years. That party might come to an end soon out there at the CDM if things don't change fast.

Anyone out there who can relate to what is called HOA Syndrome and also believes that illegal or fraudulent behaviors have been committed by board members should read very carefully all the stories I have done on the CDM and especially look at the link above and watch the video interview with the Francisco Velez Villa. 

The case at CDM right now I believe is precedent setting for the state of Sonora. If the board of directors of any HOA in San Carlos think they can get away with what some Members have been getting away with for decades now may be in for a surprise. What the CDM case shows is that the endless impunity for shady board member dealing's in HOA's can come to an end.

It should be a huge wake up call for residents and board members alike.

Posted: Fri Apr 15th, 2016 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
do newly elected board members assume the responsibility of the actions and decisions of past board members and administrators? the same question for administrators do they assume the responsibility for actions and decisions of past administrators??are they "new board members" & "administrators" liable for the actions and decisions of past boards & administrators????????i think so!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 15th, 2016 03:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I would say maybe to that question of new board members being responsible for old board members and that might depend on the Judge who presides over the case. Remember that HOA law suits in Sonora seem to be a relatively new thing here. In my interview with Francisco he states that the Judge will only be interested in the board members of the CDM HOA who were in charge during the audit audit years of 2004 to 2010. 
What is interesting in the CDM though is now the CDM has to provide accounting all the way up until the present. That will show that the CDM at one time paid a lawyer around 22,000 dollars to defend the boy friend of a board member. The boy friend was a non board member. Totally illegal. There is a by law at CDM that says the HOA will defend board members but I don't remember if that is ex board members or current ones and it is possible that this by law was never enacted properly. So much has been done wrong out there at the CDM that it might be a blessing for them if the HOA was dissolved and another was started in it's place.

Posted: Fri Apr 15th, 2016 11:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Angel

Mana: 
I have read the condominium law for the state of Sonora, but I cannot determine whether it is MANDATORY to establish a HOA. Does anybody know? There is this old apartment building that meets the criteria to be considered a "condominium" and it may come to question whether it is required by law to form a HOA. Any input will be appreciated.

Posted: Sun Apr 17th, 2016 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Righton

Mana: 
I believe all of us who are involved in any HOA or thinking about buying into a HOA owes Vince Radice a big THANKS for exposing then for what they are or can become. Hopefully, someone will bring a suit regarding the Country Club HOA as they have admitted in their own Feb. 2014 annual minutes that they CAN NOT LEGALLY COLLECT DUES OR ENFORCE THE BYLAWS. However, they are still collecting dues and sending out late notices to those who chose not to pay. One person has put in writing that she wants an outside audit and they refused. Thanks Vince for your hard work.

Posted: Tue Apr 19th, 2016 04:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
righton, that is what this post is about! not just any particular board, most if not all!!!!!!

Last edited on Tue Apr 19th, 2016 04:34 am by frankiej

Current time is 04:40 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > san carlos HOA's in chaos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems