San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Carlos and Robert - The Mechanics

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Carlos and Robert - The Mechanics  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 5th, 2016 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I have heard nothing further since Carlos went to a USA hospital. Can anyone provide an update on how he is doing? And Robert as well?
They ran a great business. When I had my car serviced, I noticed other mechanics working. But, now the place seems to be closed all the time. Are there any prospects of reopening the shop using their other mechanics?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 02:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I stopped by the Sons of Freedom facility and talked to the guys. They told me much the same. But, in addition, they said that Robert is feeling very good and even drove an automatic transmission car around.

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 12:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
There was a post yesterday that gave an update that apparently came from the other board. That post was very informative and helpful. Why was it removed???

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 12:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
aloha

Mana: 
becuz gadsby considers it advertising. you know..'this thread got x amount of hits. maybe its time they consider buying a subscriotion just a guess,but thats usually what he writes when anybody rexeives accolades,attention,comments.

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 12:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Are you telling me that Bart removed it because of Gadsby??? The information provided was important to the community. Shame on you guys !!! 

Anyhow, I stopped by the Sons of Freedom place to find out about Carlos and Robert. They put the update info on the "other place" and were clear that it was meant to be spread to the entire community.

Carlos is living with his mom in Tucson while he recovers from an infection that he apparently got at the hospital. His spirits are great.  

Robert is doing very well and apparently has been driving an automatic transmission car. I was told that his left leg was amputated above the knee. 

Christi is back in San Carlos and will accept small repair jobs -- oil changes, etc. They do have a couple of workers at the shop available. 

I was told that the money from GoFundMe is only now getting to the family. The rules of GoFundMe is that they first hold the funds for 30 days. Had I known this I would have given my money directly to the family.   

Last edited on Sun Mar 6th, 2016 12:45 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 02:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
aloha

Mana: 
nooo1 sorry,i thought you meant gadsby removed it from his site. sorry!!!!!!!! I do not know if its on viva. I never go there lately

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 02:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
aloha

Mana: 
well,i would like to know the rules of censorship on this site so I do not abuse them. what happened?? that was legit community info,right?  :(

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 02:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Me too. This is disturbing !!! Bart?? Any answers or comments?

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Posts from other boards that are not the original work of the poster are a no-no and have been for some time. The poster has been notified of same by PM.

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Bart, why? Isn't that an extreme censorship, of what could be important information? A blanket statement like that is not necessary as long as you retain the right to delete as you deem, for reasons other than non-original posts.

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
aloha

Mana: 
so,to take info from other sites is ok if we put it into our own words? I am confused. when is cut and paste acceptable? obviously not ones' own words.can we share information or not? I look for info gathering venues. I can make my own decision weather the info is valid and pertinent to me.or if its bs...I am not in grade school. its kind of insulting.

Last edited on Sun Mar 6th, 2016 04:53 pm by aloha

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 07:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Bart, by simply erasing the message, you left the thread hanging since I had referred to that message. Sorry my friend, but you are really splitting hairs -- particularly over something that is of interest and important to all of us. If the person who posted the message had simply cut out the reference and pasted the rest, I guess that would have been OK. But, why didn't you just cut out the name of the source and left the rest up??

Last edited on Sun Mar 6th, 2016 07:18 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 10:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Steve W.

Mana: 
Nope, I am on Bart side. Don't post my pictures and don't post my posts without my permission. If it so importance give the link.

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 11:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
When you take someone else's post and republish it, there are several terms that may apply: copyright infringement, intellectual dishonesty or just a lack of common courtesy. I'm sensitive to this issue because so much of my original work on the sancarlosmexico web site has been plagarized over and over again. In this case the poster stated, "I took this from..."
I don't accept taking another's work and won't modify it to make it look right. It's wrong and not acceptable here no matter what the intention.

Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2016 11:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
aloha

Mana: 
well,now we know....

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2016 12:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
RichD

Mana: 
OK. So service for now is by appointment only. Call Christi at cell 622 109 2779 to schedule.

How's that?

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2016 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
390pony

Mana: 
It is standard procedures on forums to not allow material from other sites to be cut and pasted into a post. Links typically are not allowed, either. You can post the information, but it must be your own post; i.e., rephrased. I am a moderator on three forums, all car-related, and this issue occasionally comes up. Bart is correct in what he did.

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2016 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Bart. In my field (science) it is common practice to quote and utilize information from other sources as long as it is acknowledged. It is encouraged and is never considered plagiarism. In the case of this thread, the source was acknowledged. There was nothing plagaristic!! Sorry Bart, but you are way off base on this one. I truly appreciate your forum. You provide a great service. But, you need to lighten up. Or, is it all because it involved GG???

Posted: Wed Mar 9th, 2016 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
JZ

Mana: 
bartmanaz wrote: When you take someone else's post and republish it, there are several terms that may apply: copyright infringement, intellectual dishonesty or just a lack of common courtesy. I'm sensitive to this issue because so much of my original work on the sancarlosmexico web site has been plagarized over and over again. In this case the poster stated, "I took this from..."
I don't accept taking another's work and won't modify it to make it look right. It's wrong and not acceptable here no matter what the intention.

Couldn't disagree with that more.  I have a law degree.  Zero, less than zero, chance that is a copy right issue.

It's internet common place for posts to be shared across boards in one offs, here and there.  Especially something of this nature.  Obviously, this shouldn't be a wide-scale practice.  Otherwise, the most common times it dissuaded are if it's a for pay board and you are taking some original content from the forum provider.  I.e.  a college football board having an inside scoop about the team, and it comes from the board moderators. 

This board isn't seeing a great about of traction these days, and hard-line policies like this don't help.

Last edited on Wed Mar 9th, 2016 04:28 am by JZ

Posted: Wed Mar 9th, 2016 04:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
JZ

Mana: 
RichD wrote: OK. So service for now is by appointment only. Call Christi at cell 622 109 2779 to schedule.

How's that?

You might want to change the word "service."  Maybe it's just me, but reading that made me think the guy died.

Current time is 03:04 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Carlos and Robert - The Mechanics Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems